Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbleweed65

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
South Carolina
www.dracovapes.com
Does anyone have a caramel/apple recipe that is simple enough for a very new newbie?

I have TPA caramel, TPA Apple and EM for a bit of sweet if needed

I haven't made a caramel apple. but used both flavors I would make a test batch (5ml) at about 10% apple and 6% caramel no Em and adjust from there . the apple is pretty sweet for my taste so probably wouldn't use Em and EM has a cotton candy taste so it could make it taste completely different

I vape therefore I am.

Last edited:

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Im sorry to ask this, but are the EM percents for the recipes on this form based of the the 10% solution or pure crystal form? Thank you
Many mix @ 1/4tsp of EM to 10ml of PG or PGA( per Linda(@TFA), 10% is equivalent to 8ml of PG or PGA + 1/4tsp of EM). I have come to assume most are using the TFA 10% solution. The 1/4tsp of EM to 10ml of PG or PGA would be a little less than 10% but close enough. The only real answer is to ask the poster and if mixed, how much.

Last edited:

azdavid

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
United States
apple 9%
caramel origanal 4%
baverian cream 4%
cotton candy 2%

I mix at 60/40 pg/vg

Thanks I just hapen to have some Bavarian Cream coming with my next order(..from RTS as wizard labs is always out of what I want or need..) however I do not have the cotton candy do you think the EM will work? as I have heard that it is basically the same flavor profile. Or if I leave it out maybe it will be more like a caramel apple as opposed to a candied apple. What do you think ?

james1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2011
lincoln ca
Thanks I just hapen to have some Bavarian Cream coming with my next order(..from RTS as wizard labs is always out of what I want or need..) however I do not have the cotton candy do you think the EM will work? as I have heard that it is basically the same flavor profile. Or if I leave it out maybe it will be more like a caramel apple as opposed to a candied apple. What do you think ?

em will work in place of cotton candy, try the recipe first without the sweetener then add it as needed to your own taste, on how sweet you want it, I find for myself 2% is perfect, I also sub green apple sometimes for more of a tart apple

ps. http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-54-professional-flavors.aspx

I always go to the source when wizard is out, fast shipping they accept paypal, and never out of stock

Last edited:

jcmios

May 7, 2013
NE Iowa
MattBott's Vanilla Caramel Latte (AKA Caramel Latte II)
18mg
50/50 PG/VG
Caramel Cappuccino (TFA)0.3% (This is STRONG) when making small batches, 1 drop per 10ml
Sweet Cream (TFA)2.5%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA)1%
EM1%
White Vinegar1 drop per 5ml

A little smoother and sweeter than my original.

I have noticed that almost every TFA/TPA Carmel Cappuccino recipe that calls for one drop per 10ml is listed as 0.3ml but thats 10 times too much, it should be listed as 0.03ml. Just so that the new to DIY'er does not blow away his/her sense of taste and smell for a week.
Jim

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
M-Type Tobacco
I drop TFA M-Type Tobacco per 5ml basic e-juice (from my pipette this is 0.5%)

To me, it is AWFUL at first. After steeping a week it is still awful, but I KNOW from past experience that after steeping a month it is a mild smooth tobacco flavor that can take enhancement like menthol, vanilla, nut, etc

This post is almost a year old, BUT after many, many tests of M Type Tobacco, I have finally found out that it needs an exceptionally LONG steep in order to mellow out. The following recipe is not mine. It is called Frogs Vanilla Caramel Tobacco, but could be named Marlboro.
After one month of steeping (just before I was ready to toss it out) I revisited the juice. WOW what a difference. If you want something as close to the taste, and aroma of a real cigarette, try this out after letting it steep for about a month.

Frogs Vanilla Caramel Tobacco

Flavoring @ 21% of whatever base you use.
Bavarian Cream 8%
Caramel 8%
Hazelnut 2%
M Type Tobacco 2%
Apple Cider Vinegar 1%

I have not tried adding "Smooth" to the mix, which might lessen the steep time and help the blending process. Also, this mix WILL give you that burnt cigarette aftertaste (that you may have enjoyed eons ago), so be forewarned, only ex-smokers will probably like this mix.

The Wabbit

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Mixed at 80% VG, 13mg nic, 10% flavoring. I like to keep my recipes simple so I just use %'s so that they can be easily adapted to the size of batch that I'm making.

Flavor Mix:

Captain Black Tobacco: .7 (70%)
Cinnamon Danish: .3 (30%)

This was actually my first try at DIY. I just used eJuice Recipe Calculator to calculate my volumes for the size batch I made.

Once I got the amount of nic base and flavor measurements, I then just used the same calculator to get me the volumes of each extract. Just plugged in 100 as the nic level then 70 as my target level for the C.Black, then entered the amount to create, and 30 in the Flavor Percent for the C.Danish. This then gave me the ml I needed for the batch size for my recipe.

This vapes similar to Virginia Fired tobacco, but with the Cinnamon after taste instead of the salt and pepper spice after taste you get from the Fired juice. This was so good, I quickly wrote my percentages in my e-book and then made 50ml of it. With the high VG content, this produces a Strong smooth tobacco flavor with a slightly sweet cinnamon spicy after taste. Been vapping it at 14.4 watts, getting a very juicy flavorful thick vape. Will keep this juice in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread