Wizard Labs - Review (more of a story really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveD3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Vendor: Wizard Labs

TL;DR - They rock, check them out. Their customer service is amazing, I made a mistake, and they made damn sure it was corrected (even when they had no reason to do so, given the situation). Their shipping is fast, and the quality of the nicotine is great as well.

Long Version:

So about a week before I placed my order, I emailed Wizard Labs and asked if it would be possible for me to order nicotine at 18mg. At the time, the option wasn’t available on the site. John (the owner) responded in less than a day, not only could I order the nicotine in 18mg - he would include the option on the website as it was something he was considering for some time. Thus, to this day (perhaps because of my question / perhaps not) the option is available to anyone.

(Customer Service: Level 10 – Awesome!)

Fast-forward one week. As I told him in my initial contact, I was planning on ordering 1000 ml (32 oz) of the 18mg juice. I ordered that, some flavors, and a few mixing supplies such as syringes, needles, Bomex cylinders, and bottles. The additional supplies were not needed really, but they gave a boost to what I had ordered from another DIY shop.

I placed my order on a Saturday. I had intended to order the nicotine at 18mg, with a 70/30 (VG/PG) ratio. I ordered the nicotine just fine, but because I rushed myself, I reversed the mix. So instead, I had selected 70/30 (PG/VG). I felt a little silly at this point.

I emailed Wizard Labs within minutes of submitting the order, and explained what I had done. At this point, I expected what anyone would expect. The mistake was mine; I’m the one who failed to double check their order. So Wizard Labs would be well within their rights to tell me that they couldn’t do anything. This wasn’t the case, less than two hors later; John emailed me to say that it wasn’t an issue and that the mix would be corrected.

(Customer Service: Level 99 – Mind Blown!)

This alone earned them a huge plus on for customer service. But on Wednesday, when my order arrived, I noticed that the nicotine was mixed to spec. As in, it was mixed according to my order and not according to the notation on the invoice. At this point, again, I realized that I had made the mistake and that I had gotten exactly what I ordered.

However, I know that quality control is a big deal for labs that sell nicotine. So I emailed them and let them know that while the notes on the invoice say that the mix should be 70/30 (VG/PG) it was fulfilled as I ordered. Given that John mentioned to me previously that he would note the change in the mixing log as well, I wanted him to be aware of what was shipped compared to what was written down.

Again, I stressed that what I had gotten was fine, and that I was at fault to begin with. I didn’t expect a refund, an RMA (return the nicotine and replace it with a new mix), or credit. John, however, had a different idea.

That same day (Wednesday if you’ve read this far – I promise I’m almost done), he shipped 1000 ml (32 oz) of 18mg nicotine. This time, the mix was what I had initially wanted.

(Customer Service: Wizard Level – Over 9000!)

Today is Saturday, one week to the day since I placed my first order with Wizard Labs. I can assure anyone reading this that I will be placing more orders with them, and that was before the mailman delivered two bottles of well packaged and protected nicotine, mixed at 18mg with a 70/30 (VG/PG) blend.

Quick note on some of the other important things:

- The shipping is normally 3-5 business days. In both cases, mine was faster (2-3 business days) `because of the size of the order (more than 13 oz).

- The flavors are from The Flavor Apprentice and LorAnn Oils. I’ve used (some of you will laugh) 500ml of nicotine this week, making several test batches and starting coffee extracts (where the bulk of the nic went). None of the flavors are off in any way. So far, the test batches have solid TH and taste.

- The nicotine is securely shipped and packaged when it arrives. The containers are dark and sealed. My order consisted of two 500ml jars, so I cannot speak to the shipping for the other sizes.

- The Bomex cylinders are great - easy to use and read. However, they are a bit fragile, so they should be stored with care.

Either way, the bottom line is that Wizard Labs offers excellent customer service, affordable prices on nicotine, and flavors. I will be buying from them again.

-Steve

Last edited:

J MacLeod

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 21, 2011
Florida USA
www.wizardlabs.us
Hi Steve,

John here from Wizard Labs.
I appreciate the kind words and the glowing review, but I'm embarrassed to say your praise is too high.
After you contacted us about the change, all of the burden and blame rested solely on our shoulders, not yours.
Everything after that point was us just doing the right thing by correcting our mistake, nothing special.

If anything was extraordinary, it was having a customer like you being more concerned about our cost to replace it, than in getting what you wanted.
That's pretty rare to find out in the real world.
I don't know if quitting smoking and vaping changes peoples attitudes, or if vaping just attracts those kind of people, but in all my dealings I've never met nicer people than those I've met vaping.
You're just another shining example of that.
Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread