Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi. I want to volunteer at a vape shop. Can you guys tell me what you would expect me to know, and the best things to learn before I volunteer. Getting better from an injury, 2 years not working, wanna see how many hours I can do. If you have seen my posts you will know that I am still wary of using mech mods. I have dabbled with some. I understand CPR and battery safety somewhat. I build my own coils and mostly use rdas. I make my own juice and have a basic grasp of VG/PG. Sos for the long post, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Hi. I want to volunteer at a vape shop. Can you guys tell me what you would expect me to know, and the best things to learn before I volunteer. Getting better from an injury, 2 years not working, wanna see how many hours I can do. If you have seen my posts you will know that I am still wary of using mech mods. I have dabbled with some. I understand CPR and battery safety somewhat. I build my own coils and mostly use rdas. I make my own juice and have a basic grasp of VG/PG. Sos for the long post, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Good for you, Zutankhamun. :) It would be a great service to inform all the noobs coming into your shop of ECF and CASAA.org so they can start their education on vaping and the political landscape surrounding it. Seems too like there are many "old hands" at vaping who have no idea what's going on in our state capitols and at the FDA.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Yes I will spread the word but get 'em comfortable first then 'boom'. only joking. Yeah, I was the manager of a delicatessen for 5 years. Very friendly as well. I'm 26 now. The reason I won't ask just yet is I have recovered from a severe tbi. Got university from home starting in 4 days, wanna make sure I can cope again 'fatigue-wise'.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

That is exactly what you should say to the OWNER of the business where you plan to "offer" your expert services.

Best of luck
I

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Good for you, Zutankhamun. :) It would be a great service to inform all the noobs coming into your shop of ECF and CASAA.org so they can start their education on vaping and the political landscape surrounding it. Seems too like there are many "old hands" at vaping who have no idea what's going on in our state capitols and at the FDA.
It would be pointless Zutan informing them about CASAA as he's based in the UK and CASAA are only interested in the USA. Damn, they didn't give the heads up for something happening in just over the border in Canada..! :-x (I'm annoyed at CASAA for that, not you choochoogranny :thumb:)

@Zutankhamun - You must have started out on a basic setup when you started vaping? What did you use? Use your experience when guiding them and never be afraid to say, "I don't know the answer to that but I'll find out for you" :)

The majority of people (a good 85-90%) use nothing more advanced than an ego with a CE4. And you'll find most people will baulk at the prospect of paying C£60 for a decent setup (two batteries, a decent "dongle" charger, two tanks, a couple of bottles of liquid...) :rolleyes:

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Thanks. Actually I tried an ego first and it leaked & broke on me. Probably user error. No idea what was going on then. I really started on an Istick 20w and a nautilus mini. Easy peasy. Loved that nautilus
Ooh, you'll have fun convincing them to buy two iStick 30s and two mini Nautilus'! Lol What's that work out to be? £90-100? :lol:

I always suggest people set their budget at how much they'd spend in two weeks on cigs. e.g. 20/day @ £8/pack x two weeks = £112 ;)

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
No problem, Big Me. :) I'm amazed at all the things they do keep up with with the government types trying to do things "on the sly". However, both ECF and CASAA are good places for people to get educated particularly if they're totally at sea about all of it.
:offtopic:We've got the TPD to deal with... Lol It's due to hit us in May 2016 and we STILL don't know how strictly our government are going to interpret it. :?:

I will agree that ECF is a good place to ask questions :thumbs:

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia

Well for starters, if you're advising noobs or otherwise, you need to understand battery safety a whole lot more that "somewhat". Mechs are
perfectly safe if used in a safe manner, and you would need to confidently be able to advise your clientele as such.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Be courteous and never make something up you don't know as fact. Dress well. You only vape things you have bought from that store which they currently sell. Everyone will ask you what you are vaping so it is nice to have some on hand. Only build on rebuildable decks because they are in business to sell premade coils. Never tell anyone their current setup is junk. Be prepared to have at least four people a day come in and ask you to set them up with a herb system. "We don't sell that sort of stuff but this place does." Don't send them to a competitor that sells both, as a stickily herb place will start sending vapors your way. Don't tell anyone you mix your own juice. Juice is the biggest money maker the store has. That's a few quickly off the top of my head. CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread