The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Working on my first mod, steampunk portable/desk use.

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by Kellycat, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kellycat

Kellycat Super Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Cary, NC, USA
    So, finally starting on a mod, got tired of only having my two KD808s available to me, so I picked up a pair of double-A battery boxes, a sealed 510 connector, few LEDs and appropriate resistors, need to grab a switch at some point, and am now looking for something like this brass tubing: Square Locked Brass Flexible Metal Conduit - 5mm-100mm - TongFeng (China Manufacturer) - Pipe Fittings - Pipe, Tube & Parts Products - Ideally would like to have a 'hose' coming off the battery boxes and running to the 510 connector with an 808 adapter on it (still have a ton of 808 cartos to use up), so that I can bend it to shape and leave the battery boxes sat on my desk, while having the mouthpiece in front of me like a desk microphone, yet still leaving it semi-portable in that I can curl the tubing into a 'S' shape to reduce the form factor to something pocket friendly.

Question is, anybody know a source for brass conduit inside the US, preferably not in a length I'll have to cut myself? Also if anyone has measurements on a 510 connector handy, that'd be helpful as well, don't have my calipers here so can't measure my own.

Edit: Also something with some strength to it would be good, looking into a 510 tank setup for desk use so I'm not refilling cartos all the time, and it would drive me crazy having the tank 'sag'.

2. MxD0CxB

MxD0CxB Full Member

Jun 17, 2013
    What a great idea! I think the steampunk theme and vaping go very well together :D

As for some sort of tank setup, if you were trying to still keep it relatively small, how about this?
    Super T ~ Vapemate

3. Rvly

Rvly Full Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Downey CA
    I don't know if you're still looking for the conduit, but while reading your original post this popped up in my mind: Tripod
    I think I've seen them at dollar stores even. Then maybe paint the legs copper or brass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.