Worrst cutomer service of any online company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Well if you want to actually tell us anything relevant put it up here. => Reviews of Suppliers - Negative But you will have to... you know... actually provide details for the incident. "They suck!!!" doesn't cut it.
This is just a brief explanation,not into writing a book @11;30 PM
Purchased 3, 5 packs of the nautilus BVC after business hrs on the Oct 20. When I received the shipping confirmation it read BDC coil which is older inferior product. I immediately sent a response to support letting them know about the error. Today on the 21st at 7:30 Am I received a tracking number i replied to the email and have had communication via this method in the past. No reply. I called and left numerous messages with no return call. I received an email late morning that the shipment couldn't be corrected because order was already at the USPS station. In the past I was told that the tracking was only created and all orders were shipped end of business day. I was told by Alex that they had not received my email because they operate from 9-5
and could not correct the error. I asked for a return label and that was denied.

I have dealt with the company in the past. My first order was was supposedly shipped and then I received a call from Alex stating that my order which had a tracking number was out of stock. He suggested a replacement of a similar product.

I can continue to support my case but I think the pattern is clear here. This vendor is unwilling to correct mistakes. if you would like the emails to support my claim please let me know.

AlexStiff

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Charlotte NC
www.myfreedomsmokes.com
After receiving your request to correct your order (at aprox 10:00pm Tuesday) and being able to read it the next day (aprox. 12:30pm Wed) I had informed you that the way we have to complete orders leaves very little room to correct an order. Sometimes it can be corrected, sometimes it can't. Though we do hold the right to not correct any order once it has been placed (Order Editing / Cancellation) though we do try our hardest if it is within our ability.

This was the last email that was sent to Jake67
"Jake, you are hearing me wrong. We do not have a 24hr customer service hotline and email support. We are a small business and cannot afford such things so our hours of operation for customer service are 9:00am-5:00pm EST (which is stated on our voice mail message when you call) and you were trying to contact us after business hours; that’s why no one was able to answer your phone call. By the time I had received your request for change, we had already shipped your package. We work very hard to make sure the items you ordered get to you in a timely fashion but the down side to that is that we very rarely can fix ordering errors. The reason we were able to fix your last one was because if we are out of stock on something, it gets brought to my desk and I have to contact the customer to see if they would like the rest of it shipped with or without the product.
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, we just please ask for you to double check our order before placing it so an issue like this does not arise again.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks!"

We also gave him the option to refuse the package when he receives it so we can apply a store credit or swap it for the ones he wants

AlexStiff

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Charlotte NC
www.myfreedomsmokes.com
Also, There seems to be a bit of spamming done so I figured I'd address some of the other things that were mentioned in other threads.

"Curious, have you ever been shipped the wrong item by a vendor and they told you tough luck?"
This is a completely false statement. We did not send him a "wrong product", he ordered a product that he later spotted it and wanted to change the order. He has not even received the product yet.

"Their shipping is great. So great that when you order at midnight they claim it arrived at the post office at 7:30 the next morning"

Again, this is not what was said. As I stated above, by the time we received his request, the package had already been shipped.. Not that the post office had custody of it.
Orders that are placed first get shipped first and this order was placed shortly after we stopped fulfilling orders for the day. When an order is marked as "Shipped" that means the shipping label had been printed and the package was in a bin to ship. We fill about 4-5 large mail bins every day and the bulk of that is done early in the day when more people are working. In order to find an incorrectly placed order, Myself and about 2 other people (packers) would have to search through the bins to find (in this case; a very small) package.. Which means I will be away from the computer and phone and our shippers will fall behind in getting everything packed and ready for the mail truck... In essence, no longer providing the highest quality service that our customers expect when they buy from us.

Last edited:

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Some people just want you to jump threw hoops and bend over backwards because they are a customer. The fact is the customer isn't always right. Most websites have their policies clearly written on their site. Some people like to go running to the forums and complain they got terrible service just to use it as leverage to get their way. People need to realize that pulling workers from their jobs to fix a mistake that you made cost money and time. To go whining about it in a forum is real petty.

Sounds like MFS spent more money than they made trying to fix a mistake that wasn't their fault.

Last edited:

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
After receiving your request to correct your order (at aprox 10:00pm Tuesday) and being able to read it the next day (aprox. 12:30pm Wed) I had informed you that the way we have to complete orders leaves very little room to correct an order. Sometimes it can be corrected, sometimes it can't. Though we do hold the right to not correct any order once it has been placed (Order Editing / Cancellation) though we do try our hardest if it is within our ability.

This was the last email that was sent to Jake67
"Jake, you are hearing me wrong. We do not have a 24hr customer service hotline and email support. We are a small business and cannot afford such things so our hours of operation for customer service are 9:00am-5:00pm EST (which is stated on our voice mail message when you call) and you were trying to contact us after business hours; that’s why no one was able to answer your phone call. By the time I had received your request for change, we had already shipped your package. We work very hard to make sure the items you ordered get to you in a timely fashion but the down side to that is that we very rarely can fix ordering errors. The reason we were able to fix your last one was because if we are out of stock on something, it gets brought to my desk and I have to contact the customer to see if they would like the rest of it shipped with or without the product.
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, we just please ask for you to double check our order before placing it so an issue like this does not arise again.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks!"

We also gave him the option to refuse the package when he receives it so we can apply a store credit or swap it for the ones he wants

So you fill orders first and then when the carts are full you sit down to read your requests / corrections to your customer service emails 14 hrs later. I just went back on your site to the drop down under the section for bottom single coils and the Nautilus BVC coil isn't on the page. I went to the search bar typed in the Nautilus BVC and your site directed me to the BDC. I specifically typed BVC . True it was my error and I immediately notified you of the error. Once again my view and your statement above confirms such. "First we ship". When it's too late to address problems you place the burden on your customers. Yes your shipping is excellent. For me your business model, not so much.
As I further looked into your site you have the Nautilus BVC coils under the dual coil category. We all know the BVC is a bottom single coil or even a modified carto. Why would you place them on a page with duel coils? So now I have to learn to comb your site to find what I'm looking for in the wrong place. Unfortunately your site has nothing to offer other than the coils that I buy repeatedly. I feel that all the burden is placed on me. To me that is bad business. I told you upfront that I would post what I felt was a negative experience. My so called "spamming "should not come as no surprise to you. Funny how people trash every manufacturer in the industry on the forum but I'm spamming.
Bottom line here is this, I don't have the time to read a full page of buyer beware on your website. It's my opinion that you have taken every precaution to assume no responsibility to those that patronize you. I come on your site to buy 30 dollars worth of coils every few weeks. I guess the volume of business I give you isn't worth the five minutes it would have taken to fix this problem or pick up the phone and call like you did when you ran out of an "in stock item" and wanted to keep the sale. You just weren't too busy then.
I will refuse the shipment or mark it as refused and have it returned to you. I'm guessing I have no more than a 50% chance that you will admit to receiving them and posting a credit to my account.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Some people just want you to jump threw hoops and bend over backwards because they are a customer. The fact is the customer isn't always right. Most websites have their policies clearly written on their site. Some people like to go running to the forums and complain they got terrible service just to use it as leverage to get their way. People need to realize that pulling workers from their jobs to fix a mistake that you made cost money and time. To go whining about it in a forum is real petty.

Sounds like MFS spent more money than they made trying to fix a mistake that wasn't their fault.
Actually it was done to help someone who is spending their lunch money on vape equipment to keep them off smokes . How many times have we read about someone who had no money and got stiffed by a vendor? I don't really care about the money. Someone else might!!!

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
Well sombodys got egg on their face and it ain't mfs. This is how I see it.
Waa I ordered the wrong thing and mfs shipped it too fast so rather than take the more than generous offer of refusing shipment and store credit I am going to bad mouth them.
(yes I know there was no punctuation. Didn't deserve it)

I have only ordered from mfs once. That same night I ordered from 2 other companies. Mfs was the first one at my door. I will use them again!
In the future when you place an order on any site, take a second and actualy read the order comformation page. They all do them for a good reason. To avoid this kind of crap.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
So you fill orders first and then when the carts are full you sit down to read your requests / corrections to your customer service emails 14 hrs later. I just went back on your site to the drop down under the section for bottom single coils and the Nautilus BVC coil isn't on the page. I went to the search bar typed in the Nautilus BVC and your site directed me to the BDC. I specifically typed BVC . True it was my error and I immediately notified you of the error. Once again my view and your statement above confirms such. "First we ship". When it's too late to address problems you place the burden on your customers. Yes your shipping is excellent. For me your business model, not so much.
As I further looked into your site you have the Nautilus BVC coils under the dual coil category. We all know the BVC is a bottom single coil or even a modified carto. Why would you place them on a page with duel coils? So now I have to learn to comb your site to find what I'm looking for in the wrong place. Unfortunately your site has nothing to offer other than the coils that I buy repeatedly. I feel that all the burden is placed on me. To me that is bad business. I told you upfront that I would post what I felt was a negative experience. My so called "spamming "should not come as no surprise to you. Funny how people trash every manufacturer in the industry on the forum but I'm spamming.
Bottom line here is this, I don't have the time to read a full page of buyer beware on your website. It's my opinion that you have taken every precaution to assume no responsibility to those that patronize you. I come on your site to buy 30 dollars worth of coils every few weeks. I guess the volume of business I give you isn't worth the five minutes it would have taken to fix this problem or pick up the phone and call like you did when you ran out of an "in stock item" and wanted to keep the sale. You just weren't too busy then.
I will refuse the shipment or mark it as refused and have it returned to you. I'm guessing I have no more than a 50% chance that you will admit to receiving them and posting a credit to my account.

Actually it was done to help someone who is spending their lunch money on vape equipment to keep them off smokes . How many times have we read about someone who had no money and got stiffed by a vendor? I don't really care about the money. Someone else might!!!

First off it was your mistake not MFS. You didnt take the time to confirm your order. You tried to contact them outside of business hours again you didnt take the time to read the return policy, hours of operation, or anything of that nature. You did send them an email? Lets see it....Did you include you order number on it? Did you say hey I made a mistake and ordered the wrong coils or did you just demand they fix it? Seems a little weird that you threaten them with negative feed back so quickly.

Whats makes you look so bad is the fact that you made the mistake and then start a couple of threads saying you got terrible service. Should we take a look at the time stamps on the order, emails, and the thread postings. Rather than work with them and help them help you. You get all butthurt and go to the the forums trashing them and you expect them to refund your mistake. How are they supposed fix your mistake when it already shipped. You didnt even give them enough time to help you.(we can check time stamps)

Life lesson here is......You cant bullsxxt the public. You tried to be a vendor bully and got called out and I wouldnt blame them if the told you to go pound salt

Last edited:

dr_mah

Mar 31, 2013
Central Connecticut, USA
Saw this thread and couldn't ignore it, don't post much but will comment since MFS is a big favorite of mine. A good vendor doesn't deserve being bashed needlessly by an impatient customer. MFS is top notch and second to none, have ordered a lot from them for a long time, DIY, hardware, everything, they’re a class act and very professional. gin828 is correct, sounds like they tried to fix the issue but weren't given a chance to. Truest test of good customer service is how a vendor deals with order problems, in this case MFS stepped up big time to make things right even when it wasn't their fault.

AlexStiff

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Charlotte NC
www.myfreedomsmokes.com
You did send them an email? Lets see it....Did you include you order number on it? Did you say hey I made a mistake and ordered the wrong coils or did you just demand they fix it? Seems a little weird that you threaten them with negative feed back so quickly.

Whats makes you look so bad is the fact that you made the mistake and then start a couple of threads saying you got terrible service. Should we take a look at the time stamps on the order, emails, and the thread postings. Rather than work with them and help them help you.
We have no ill will towards any of our customers (and no salt pounding is needed) ;) , we see every single person that orders from us to be family. With that being said, I will give him the benefit to the fact that he did contact us (via EMAIL and PHONE) shortly after his order was placed but that was after business hours and by the time I was able to read the email, the package was too far gone to be retrieved.

I went to the search bar typed in the Nautilus BVC and your site directed me to the BDC. I specifically typed BVC .
that's odd.... Seems to have shown up for me
bvc.jpg

As I further looked into your site you have the Nautilus BVC coils under the dual coil category. We all know the BVC is a bottom single coil or even a modified carto. Why would you place them on a page with duel coils? So now I have to learn to comb your site to find what I'm looking for in the wrong place.
That's 100% true and we make a note of that in the product discription: "While the BVC is technically not a "dual coil" its performance is designed to be comparable with or exceed the current BDCs on the market. Therefore, we have decided to leave it listed in the dual coil category rather than create a new BVC category containing only these products."

I guess the volume of business I give you isn't worth the five minutes it would have taken to fix this problem or pick up the phone and call like you did when you ran out of an "in stock item" and wanted to keep the sale. You just weren't too busy then.
Ok, I've explained this before, but i'll repeat myself; That order was being pulled, we ran out of the product, it landed on my desk so I called. They didn't tell me "Oh, order #(blahblahblah) didn't have a (blank) so you need to go find it. They dropped it off on my desk for me to call. It was just that simple.

Bottom line here is this, I don't have the time to read a full page of buyer beware on your website.
There is nothing to sift though. When you click on the Customer Service tab on our website, we have our hours of operation clearly stated on the front page, and if you scroll down a single click, you see our section on ORDER EDITING / CANCELLATION.

Jake67,
The one thing you want to keep bringing to everyone's attention was that you feel we ship out orders and not even read emails until after. Well, I don't pack shipments; we have a customer service dept, packing / shipping, juice, parts, etc. and they all work like a well oiled machine. Because of this, the packers, juice and parts associates get here before CS does, for the simple reason that they have a lot more to do than CS. Some get here as early as 5:00am to start fulfilling orders and I come in once our retail section opens at 10:00am (yes, I work the retail section while I'm still attempting to answer everyone's phone calls and emails).

Sadly, I really feel like all of this shouldn't have to be explained, but maybe you will understand that not every company has 24/7 support and enough free time to track down incorrect orders. We will always invite you to shop with us, but I also request that you please read through the order before placing it, because there will be a 75% chance it will not be able to be caught.

I feel as if I have said enough and I will leave this thread unlocked until 6:00pm EST then i'll close it because this is just too redundant.

And thank you to everyone for the kind words!

Last edited:

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
I've ordered from MFS several times and NEVER had any problems. I've found orders are filled and shipped in record time (even during sales).

A few weeks back I ordered 3 bottles of ejuice from a vendor who I've ordered from before. When I read my confirmation e-mail I realized I had put the wrong amount of nic on one of the bottles. Within 10 minutes of placing the order, I sent an e-mail to the company through their website with my order number and advising them of MY error and asking if they could change it. This was on a Sunday.

I didn't hear back from them and my order shipped at 11:00 a.m. on a Monday. When I got the order MY error had not been corrected and the bottle was in the nic level that I had ordered it in.

Did I think to contact the company and complain? NO - because BOTTOM LINE IS - It was MY error. Will I order from this company again? OF COURSE because it was MY error. I always check my orders before I place them but this one must have slipped by me.

I will say though, that it may have been nice if the vendor had sent me an e-mail just to say they received my e-mail but it was too late to make the correction. But again, I WILL order from this vendor again and would never hold an error that I made against the vendor.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I just want to say that I fail to understand why OP is making such a huge deal.
Op, you made a mistake and MFS has given you an option to fix that mistake in the way of refusing the package.
The problem was addressed. What else do you want or expect?

It just seems very unreasonable for you to be mad at someone else for your mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread