• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Worst day of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Hi,
I don't want to bother you with my story, but I really need to talk somewhere...
Sorry if there's some mistakes, i'm french and i'm defenitely not feeling good right now.
6 months ago, in august, I moved in with my boyfriend. First apartment, new city...
We've been together for 2 years when we moved in.
Yesterday, I lost everything.
He's 19, i'm 22.
Even at my age, I'm SURE, REALLY SURE, that he is THE ONE.
I always dreamed about raising kids with him... and we did talk about it some times.
But he left me...
In 1 day, I lost the love of my life, and my home.
He says that I came in too soon, that from his point of view, i'm "the one" too, but he needs to live some other experiences before getting really serious. When I met him, he wasn't accepting his homosexuality that much, but I helped him.
My sister drove 2 hours to come pick me up. While I was packing my things, he was laying on the floor, crying.
I know he loves me. And I love him more than anything.
I'm scared because I don't want to loose him forever.

I don't know what to do...
This was defenitely the worst day of my life...

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I'm sorry to hear about that, but it does get better with time. You'll grieve the relationship you lost, and the one that might have been, but it will get better. And maybe you will get back together at some point, but if you don't there are other people out there, and some of them are people you could be happy with.

Normally this is where I'd tell you that I didn't meet the love of my life until I was 26, but the thread I left might make you think that's not such a good example. He is the love of my life, no matter what's going on now. And we have been very happy together for 20 years. I'm hopeful for another 20 years, if we can get past what's going on now.

Nighteyes

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2010
Western MA
I'm so sorry hon, so sorry you have to go through this. I wish I could offer up any words to help console you...I havn't gone through this myself..well with a guy anyways, my gf left me after I came clean with her about my sexuality though I loved her still and wanted to be with her. She couldn't handle it...so she left. It was devestating to me, for I felt at the time she was the one for me. Still to this day I think about her, what could have been...as well as what could have happened if I hadn't told her and we ended up marrying, had kids, down the line her finding out then.

Nevertheless, I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and carried on...and eventually into the arms of the man I am now engaged to. Was I happy with her? yes....was she the one for me...yes. On the other hand...do I feel happy with my fiancee? YES...do I think he is the one? YES!

So, a little advice from one who felt he was with his life soul mate...There are so many people out there who are meant specifically for us. Things don't always pan out like we hope it will. BUT that doesn't mean there isn't another out there who we are meant to be with. Contradicting as it may sound I know...but it is the truth of the matter. You WILL find another who will sweep down and steal your heart from you...like mine did after losing who I felt I could grow old and die with, even if it was a girl. It took a while to put my heart back together..it was not easy. But then I was taken by surprise one November afternoon. That one look into his eyes.

Keep it going strong! People say things happen for a reason, even if it means feeling pain and sorrow, loss...but there is ALSO joy, love, companionship...
Anyways, sorry if anything I said doesn't help you, but I thought hearing my story would help you understand that you will meet another who will sweep you off your feet, pull you into their loving embrace...do not lose hope :) We are here for you if you need an ear, you have friends irl who will help support you along with us.

do not lose hope!

love you man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread