Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
On a fishing trip and have taken the plunge, ordered 2 of the Wotofo Profile Unity rta's to try them out. Should have them in hand Monday/Tuesday. I was not much of a fan of the many RTA's I bought back in the TC mod days, but am a fan of the many mesh rda's I have and use now. Of them the nine Wotofo Profiles are all wins for me. So by default I will try these for S&G.

WPU1.jpg WPURTA2.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
On a fishing trip and have taken the plunge, ordered 2 of the Wotofo Profile Unity RTA's to try them out. Should have them in hand Monday/Tuesday. I was not much of a fan of the many RTA's I bought back in the TC Mod days, but am a fan of the many mesh RDA's I have and use now. Of them the nine Wotofo Profiles are all wins for me. So by default I will try these for S&G.

View attachment 807339 View attachment 807341

Hope you enjoy them. I am super impressed with mine but am going to give it a little longer before deciding on another. As noted in the Profile thread, I am experiencing a bit of flooding and leaking after filling the tank and screwing on the top cap. You can see the juice level drop when screwing on the top cap which is a clear indication of pressure build up in the tank. I suspect the flooding is coming from the upper juice ports and that I will need to keep my cotton a little thicker in that area. It does not leak a lot, about a drop or 2 but enough to be noted. But no leaking or flooding during use. And she wicks like a champ….chain vaped at 65 watts and not a single dry hit to speak of. Impressive!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
upload_2019-4-4_7-47-35.jpg
Looks from here like an aromamizer style tank more or less, with a profile deck, more or less. No juice or airflow cutoff though, which on an aromamizer you need both of to prevent flooding issues.

Can it be bottom filled? It’s not looking super likely but I don’t have one.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
View attachment 807367 Looks from here like an aromamizer style tank more or less, with a profile deck, more or less. No juice or airflow cutoff though, which on an aromamizer you need both of to prevent flooding issues.

Can it be bottom filled? It’s not looking super likely but I don’t have one.

There are 2 juice flow ports, bottom and one more raised up hitting the side of the wick. You can see how they work in this Nintendo sound effect inspired video (love the sounds!!)

But update on my slight flooding/leaking issue. Took the RTA apart to inspect the wicks – seems I have enough cotton for the upper juice port. Can’t see how any more would rectify the problem, and given the Unity takes so much cotton I decided to put it back together without rewicking. Cept this time when I filled, I closed off the air port. No leaking, no flooding. Once this tank is finished, will try refilling again with the air ports open. Perhaps with my initial assembly was incorrect – not sure how but I am open to human error.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are 2 juice flow ports, bottom and one more raised up hitting the side of the wick. You can see how they work in this Nintendo sound effect inspired video (love the sounds!!)

But update on my slight flooding/leaking issue. Took the RTA apart to inspect the wicks – seems I have enough cotton for the upper juice port. Can’t see how any more would rectify the problem, and given the Unity takes so much cotton I decided to put it back together without rewicking. Cept this time when I filled, I closed off the air port. No leaking, no flooding. Once this tank is finished, will try refilling again with the air ports open. Perhaps with my initial assembly was incorrect – not sure how but I am open to human error.

Betting it will flood with air ports open but not so much with them closed. The air ports are going to be a bit of a die roll because they would need an airtight seal. Perhaps the flooding saved you. Got juice in the air adjustment ring and sealed it. That’s why the juice flow port on the aromamizer is nice. It doesn’t actually seal any better, but It’s always wet.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Just topped up the tank with the air ports open. Previously this would have resulted in both flooding the deck and leaking out the air ports. This time, neither happened. You can still see the juice level drop when screwing on the cap, so pressure build up is still present. Don’t have an answer to my earlier issue with flooding/leaking so going to write this off as human error with assembly.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just topped up the tank with the air ports open. Previously this would have resulted in both flooding the deck and leaking out the air ports. This time, neither happened. You can still see the juice level drop when screwing on the cap, so pressure build up is still present. Don’t have an answer to my earlier issue with flooding/leaking so going to write this off as human error with assembly.
That or your now fully wet wick is doing the seal job whereas it was not before for some reason. Only need a tiny tiny hole to mess up an airtight situation. Liquid based air barriers also have limits because if there is enough pressure they can move out of the way, and often the less liquid there is the less it takes.

Still looking for that second set of juice ports in the chamber. I’m seeing air inlets and a bottom well for the juice, but no second set of juice ports.

Just looked at buying a profile unity in stainless. $60 with shipping and spare mesh. Already out of budget for this month. :/ Maybe in June.

I’ve got an aromamizer plus deck with iffy insulators I was planning to try and disassemble. Looks press fit. Gonna be a pain. Maybe while I’m about it and the insulator still looks good I can cut a slot between the posts and convert it to single coil mesh. It’s got two grub screws on either side. Might be enough to hold it. I’d still have to figure out a heat resistant non conductive plunger to hold the wick against the mesh. Might be possible. Won’t be concave like the wotofo one. Might not matter.

Yay. More crud to mess with. Maybe I’ll even get to it before June when my budget revives.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Typical with most of the RTA's I bought back in the TC Mod days exactly how you did the wicking was a key to being leak free. Less is more with a trick or two learned and mine were leak free. So I expect this RTA will be the same. Being mesh driven the wicking on these I would think would be even more critical. So in my first build (when they get here) I'll apply the tricks learned back then on it to see if they also respond to them.

The irony of buying these is that I will probably be running them on TC mods in power mode same as all those chimney RTA's back then that I didn't much care for. I'm hoping my preference for mesh now days will make enough difference to actually like these RTA's.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
That or your now fully wet wick is doing the seal job whereas it was not before for some reason. Only need a tiny tiny hole to mess up an airtight situation. Liquid based air barriers also have limits because if there is enough pressure they can move out of the way, and often the less liquid there is the less it takes.

Still looking for that second set of juice ports in the chamber. I’m seeing air inlets and a bottom well for the juice, but no second set of juice ports.

Just looked at buying a profile unity in stainless. $60 with shipping and spare mesh. Already out of budget for this month. :/ Maybe in June.

I’ve got an aromamizer plus deck with iffy insulators I was planning to try and disassemble. Looks press fit. Gonna be a pain. Maybe while I’m about it and the insulator still looks good I can cut a slot between the posts and convert it to single coil mesh. It’s got two grub screws on either side. Might be enough to hold it. I’d still have to figure out a heat resistant non conductive plunger to hold the wick against the mesh. Might be possible. Won’t be concave like the wotofo one. Might not matter.

Yay. More crud to mess with. Maybe I’ll even get to it before June when my budget revives.

Screen grab from the above video with the juice and air flow highlighted.

$60 is a tad pricy for the Profile RDA. $30 to 35 CAN is average in my neck of the woods. And the Wotofo mesh is ~$4 to $5 for a pack of 10. The OFRF mesh can be found as cheap as $5 but many places have jacked the price, trying to capitalize on it’s popularity…I’ve seen as high as $20 which is robbery.

Unity Ports.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Typical with most of the RTA's I bought back in the TC Mod days exactly how you did the wicking was a key to being leak free. Less is more with a trick or two learned and mine were leak free. So I expect this RTA will be the same. Being mesh driven the wicking on these I would think would be even more critical. So in my first build (when they get here) I'll apply the tricks learned back then on it to see if they also respond to them.

The irony of buying these is that I will probably be running them on TC mods in power mode same as all those chimney RTA's back then that I didn't much care for. I'm hoping my preference for mesh now days will make enough difference to actually like these RTA's.

It does require attention to wicking, but follow the many YT vids or even the included instructions and you should not have a problem. As mentioned, no idea to my issue but going to write it off as human error with assembly. She is a flood and leak free!

Only tried the Vandy Vape 200 SS mesh in TC and Replay with the Profile RDA – worked but much preferred the OFRF. Air flow is slightly more constricted with the RTA over the RDA, but the OFRF mesh is performing exactly the same. Not a single dry hit and I have motored through a few full tanks now. I am open to giving TC or Replay a go with this RTA, but suspect the results will be the same as the RDA. As always YMMV!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Screen grab from the above video with the juice and air flow highlighted.

$60 is a tad pricy for the Profile RDA. $30 to 35 CAN is average in my neck of the woods. And the Wotofo mesh is ~$4 to $5 for a pack of 10. The OFRF mesh can be found as cheap as $5 but many places have jacked the price, trying to capitalize on it’s popularity…I’ve seen as high as $20 which is robbery.

View attachment 807413
Huh. Top juice port is being shown as airflow in the video. Weird.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Huh. Top juice port is being shown as airflow in the video. Weird.

Don’t know what you’re putting in your morning coffee, perhaps you can share. :toast:

Watch the video where they animate pouring in juice at 0:44 – it separates indicating the 2 different juice ports at the bottom of the deck. Now pause it at that point and look behind the mesh on the far side, you will see the air flow.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It does require attention to wicking, but follow the many YT vids or even the included instructions and you should not have a problem. As mentioned, no idea to my issue but going to write it off as human error with assembly. She is a flood and leak free!

Only tried the Vandy Vape 200 SS mesh in TC and Replay with the Profile RDA – worked but much preferred the OFRF. Air flow is slightly more constricted with the RTA over the RDA, but the OFRF mesh is performing exactly the same. Not a single dry hit and I have motored through a few full tanks now. I am open to giving TC or Replay a go with this RTA, but suspect the results will be the same as the RDA. As always YMMV!

I learned how to build coils/wick/DIY/etc that work for me on my own T&E. So generally I don't refer to review videos for build advice or much of anything. Just can't get past so many that are for solicitation and/or personal gain more than anything else, nor some of the folks who do them. However, sometimes I do refer to some when available specs, drawings or pictures are not sufficient to get exact design characteristics like build decks or if for an atty a feel for their fluid dynamics before I buy something new.

On my list is to get more into doing T&E of different mesh options in my mesh atty's though. Have done KA1, Ni80 and played around a little with a couple of SS316L mesh options (200 & 400). But I want to get deeper into exploring mesh (especially for those I run on the P67's).

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@bombastinator - $37 US for the Profile and a box of OFRF nexMesh. And according to their website, this price point ($35+) qualifies for free shipping to the US. But given my location I can not speak for that. Use the chat function to inquire just to double check.

Wotofo Profile RDA (Stainless Steel) - US at DashVapes.com
Link was for RDA, which I actually do want more than the rta so win, thanks :). Also appears to be (barely) within budget at $30. Used up my budget in 4 days. Argh. April is going to suck.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
image.jpg
Don’t know what you’re putting in your morning coffee, perhaps you can share. :toast:
Perkins house brand half and half sadly

“Watch the video where they animate pouring in juice at 0:44 – it separates indicating the 2 different juice ports at the bottom of the deck.

Now pause it at that point and look behind the mesh on the far side, you will see the air flow.”

I see it now. Odd choice. All it would do is run down the side into the bottom juice port. They tested it though I didn’t. Also doing it makes manufacturing more expensive so there must be a reason.

I learned how to build coils/wick/DIY/etc that work for me on my own T&E. So generally I don't refer to review videos for build advice or much of anything. Just can't get past so many that are for solicitation and/or personal gain more than anything else, nor some of the folks who do them. However, sometimes I do refer to some when available specs, drawings or pictures are not sufficient to get exact design characteristics like build decks or if for an atty a feel for their fluid dynamics before I buy something new.

On my list is to get more into doing T&E of different mesh options in my mesh atty's though. Have done KA1, Ni80 and played around a little with a couple of SS316L mesh options (200 & 400). But I want to get deeper into exploring mesh (especially for those I run on the P67's).
Goes to which reviewers one likes. There are a couple I personally can put up with. One posts here. Some sort of non English British type. Can’t place the accent. BS level seems exceptionally low to me though I may just be missing it. Also dude seems to me to know his :censored:. Can’t remember the name. He doesn’t think people should vape in bins though whatever that means.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I see it now. Odd choice. All it would do is run down the side into the bottom juice port. They tested it though I didn’t. Also doing it makes manufacturing more expensive so there must be a reason.

That cavity will be full of juice beyond the port, so it will flow through that upper port. If just pouring juice in, then I can see it missing the hole like you explained.

3rd tank since reassembly, no flooding, no leaking! I must have vaped around 6 or 7 tanks full of juice since getting this RTA, most of which was chain vaped at 65 watts, not a single dry hit. :thumbs:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Goes to which reviewers one likes. There are a couple I personally can put up with. One posts here. Some sort of non English British type. Can’t place the accent. BS level seems exceptionally low to me though I may just be missing it. Also dude seems to me to know his :censored:. Can’t remember the name. He doesn’t think people should vape in bins though whatever that means.

Since in the UK IIRC vaping in enclosed public places is banned by law that might be where vaping in bins comes from (although if like here some establishments there might decide to allow vaping in them anyway). Another "bin" tidbit... what we call dumpsters in the US are referred to as bins in the UK (and Oz).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread