Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
i got the blue one today. it's a real shiny dark sapphire. quite stunning. the drip tip is a little different. it's outer diameter is a bit narrower and appears to be a plastic more than ultem.

so i decided to build this for mtl. used the same .9 i use in my kayfuns. i closed the air slot to get a similar mtl vape as my other tanks. i then found an old drip tip with a small bore hoping that would help. nope. it made me cough at 13 watts just as the subtank mini rba would do. i think the air was so slow that it didn't hit the coil before it went up. i opened it up til it looked like a 2mm round hole. much better. it's now a very airy mtl and restricted dl draw. it actually works pretty good but it took a lot of trial and error.

it's hard to get a good photo that will show it well. also it doesn't matchy matchy with anything i have but pretty none the less. %5BURL=http://s934.photobucket.com/user/arnoldziffle/media/536195A5-6022-45B5-829C-9074BAACEC27.jpg.html] [/URL]

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
580e825c73f4b53d517090ec3b2136cd.jpg

Got a Golden one today!!! This RTA is very well machined, super easy to build and wick on and the flavor is on point. I only have the Govad single coil RTA and the Mage 24mm RTA to compare with and the Serpent SMM is the best. The Mage is very finicky to wick and the Govad has way too much condensation (or at least my build does), but the flavor is great. Thinking about getting the troll just to see how that vapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I got the rainbow. I like this tank a lot. but it does suck down the juice. Before anyone jumps up and says it's the build and not the tank...the build is a 24 ga. kanthal, built to .6 ohms. Pretty simple and not a lot of surface area.

This is the same build I use on two other RTAs and this thing sucked a tank at an unbelievable rate compared to my other RTA.s

I still like it, though.

Reactions: Letitia

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I got the rainbow. I like this tank a lot. but it does suck down the juice. Before anyone jumps up and says it's the build and not the tank...the build is a 24 ga. kanthal, built to .6 ohms. Pretty simple and not a lot of surface area.

This is the same build I use on two other RTAs and this thing sucked a tank at an unbelievable rate compared to my other RTA.s

I still like it, though.
Not trying to be sarcastic here. So if it's not the build (which is what vaporizes the juice into vapor) then where is your juice going? Do you have a leak somewhere?

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Not trying to be sarcastic here. So if it's not the build (which is what vaporizes the juice into vapor) then where is your juice going? Do you have a leak somewhere?

No leaks. All I know is that I have 3 RTAs with identical builds. Two of them burn juice at pretty much the same rate. This tank burns through juice way faster. How do you explain it?

Reactions: Petabread

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
No leaks. All I know is that I have 3 RTAs with identical builds. Two of them burn juice at pretty much the same rate. This tank burns through juice way faster. How do you explain it?
Again, not trying to be sarcastic.

Every RTA has different amounts of juice it holds. 2ml tank will appear to drain faster than a 5ml tank. Some tanks require longer/fatter wicks, so it could appear that your juice is draining faster, when in reality, your wicks could just be holding a lot of juice on their own etc.

Sometimes I notice that a particular tank doesn't satisfy my needs as well as another, and I find myself vaping on it more (especially if the nicotine in my juice isn't strong enough for the build) which could again make it seem like my tank is draining faster.

Literally the only variable in the equation here is your build, unless you have a leak. The cotton doesn't vaporize juice on its own, the Pyrex glass doesn't vaporize juice, and the metal from the RTA doesn't. Only the build does any vaporizing. There's no juice monster inside your tank, robbing you.

I guess the best example I could give you would be: blaming a tank for eating my juice is like blaming my new wallet for eating my money, and not my vape spending habits. I don't think my girlfriend would believe me :)

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
OK...I'm going to entertain the possibility that you might be right. :evil:

Actually, after giving this some more thought and looking up the specs on these 3 tanks I see where I may have made an error. The Serpent SMM is 4 ml. The other two tanks I have are also 4 ml. I was thinking they were 2 or 3 ml. From a visual standpoint, taking into account the different shape of the SMM compared to my other two tanks, it might just be possible that I was not seeing what I thought I was and maybe the SMM isn't burning juice asy faster.

I might (cough cough) have (wheez gasp) been (choke) wrong. :vapor:

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
OK...I'm going to entertain the possibility that you might be right. :evil:

Actually, after giving this some more thought and looking up the specs on these 3 tanks I see where I may have made an error. The Serpent SMM is 4 ml. The other two tanks I have are also 4 ml. I was thinking they were 2 or 3 ml. From a visual standpoint, taking into account the different shape of the SMM compared to my other two tanks, it might just be possible that I was not seeing what I thought I was and maybe the SMM isn't burning juice asy faster.

I might (cough cough) have (wheez gasp) been (choke) wrong. :vapor:
Honestly, my man. It's not your fault. I hear reviewers say it all the time, "this is a great tank, but it's a juice guzzler." And that gives their viewers the idea that the tank is responsible, and not the build.

I'm not sure why reviewers say that, as it's like someone blaming their new car for a speeding ticket, and not their leadfoot.

And you're not the only one, I see it daily. I truly blame it on some of the reviewers. What I think they mean by that is "this tank only holds 2ml of juice, so expect to fill it often if you have a crazy build in it." But they just call the tank a juicehog. So please don't take my comment the wrong way, just attempting to inform is all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread