hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've been talking with wotofo via Facebook and telling them about my issues with both of mine seeping and leaking when I refill. They suggested that I replace all the orings so I did last night and put a fresh build in with one of the coils that came with it. First refill today and there was liquid under the tank and about 1/2 a ml of liquid leaked when I refilled. I know others are having good luck with these but both of mine do the same thing. I think I'm just going to box them up and give up on these. I've tried a lot of different tanks and never had one leak like these do.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've been talking with wotofo via Facebook and telling them about my issues with both of mine seeping and leaking when I refill. They suggested that I replace all the orings so I did last night and put a fresh build in with one of the coils that came with it. First refill today and there was liquid under the tank and about 1/2 a ml of liquid leaked when I refilled. I know others are having good luck with these but both of mine do the same thing. I think I'm just going to box them up and give up on these. I've tried a lot of different tanks and never had one leak like these do.
    I've benched mine in favor of the Nano and now the Zeus. Doubt I'll use it again. Flavor is good, just not as good in others.

• Agree
    Reactions: Mysteron

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I don't know much about the nano, but I could never use the Zeus. I cannot stand cigar sized drip tips and that one is huge (19mm wide), plus it is proprietary so you can't even change it out. Not sure if the nano uses a standard 510 tip or not.

On my last replacement glass as of this morning. I now know why they included 3 with the SMM, absolutely crappy glass. I've never broken glass until this tank. Ah well. Time to shop for a new tank...

What are you doing to break them? I have had mine for about 5 months and knocked over several times and no breaks or cracks yet.

• Agree
    Reactions: Mysteron

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I don't know much about the nano, but I could never use the Zeus. I cannot stand cigar sized drip tips and that one is huge (19mm wide), plus it is proprietary so you can't even change it out. Not sure if the nano uses a standard 510 tip or not.
    Using a 510 DT on my Zues. It includes a 510 adapter, and has a non proprietary 810.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I forgot about the adapter. I just happened to have had some 810 drip tips on hand that I liked so used those on mine.

I really did like the serpent smm for flavor but could not figure out why they kept seeping. I replaced every o-ring on one of them and it still seeped. Didn't matter what kind of wick or how much I used. When I cleaned it and started fresh it was fine until I did the first refill and then seeped from then on.

Reactions: puffon

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I forgot about the adapter. I just happened to have had some 810 drip tips on hand that I liked so used those on mine.

I really did like the serpent smm for flavor but could not figure out why they kept seeping. I replaced every o-ring on one of them and it still seeped. Didn't matter what kind of wick or how much I used. When I cleaned it and started fresh it was fine until I did the first refill and then seeped from then on.

What size coil and what wick material were you using?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I might just give that a try. I've got some 26ga SS at work that I can build a coil with tomorrow. I like to keep building supplies at work in case I need to build a quick coil. I think my coil jig goes up to 3.5. It's one of those stepped rods. I do have a coil jig kit somewhere. I'll just have to look for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread