The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Would anything terrible happen if I

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Niniane, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Niniane

Niniane Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Louisiana
    painted the "faux ash" led cover on the end of my battery with nail polish? I find the led and cover kinda...I guess "cheesy" is the word I'm looking for :p I think enough coats of this kickbutt super dark maroonish color I have would build it up to smooth and block the light at the tip. I should still be able to see the led light up for indication purposes around the side edges. I see there are little notches along those edges into which I obviously wouldn't want to drip, but besides being very careful to avoid those is there any other concern I should have about doing this? Just looking for people's best guess here, I promise not to sue anyone for battery replacement if it gets messed up.

2. braindead0

braindead0 Moved On

Jun 9, 2009
    .... off ECF
    It might damage the plastic, but other than that I don't see a problem.. I'd recommend trying a tiny spot with a toothpick or something, make sure the solvent in the nail polish doesn't eat the plastic up completely ;-)

3. tdstrike

tdstrike Super Member ECF Veteran

they pop off pretty easily, make sure you rough it up a bit with sandpaper to let the paint grip, have fun.

4. TDM

TDM Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Would have to use as much polish to build up smooth if you lightly sand it smooth first

5. Niniane

Niniane Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Louisiana
    Since no one replied with "Are you daft, woman?? You'll fuse the whatchamadinky to the thingamajigger for sure!!" or anything like that, I went ahead and did it and I like it very much *happy dance* Thanks for the hints :)

6. curiousyellow

curiousyellow Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    P-Town VA
    Where's the pics? After reading the tutorial on that steampunk page you referenced I have to see your results!

7. Sable23

Sable23 Full Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You know you can get batteries without an led at the end lol. But if your dead set, then i agree with the sandpaper first and a couple light coats, sanding lightly with extremely fine sandpaper between coats

8. DoctorRiboh

DoctorRiboh Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    UK and Ireland
    you can but be very careful not to block the air holes as it will stop working and you won't know why , I'm assuming you're using a 510 , look at it in the light, slowly turn it and you should see some air holes in the side where it meets the battery.
    If these get blocked you will not be able to vape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.