Would it have been cheaper for you if you would have bought a ProVari from the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I am not a ProVari owner but I am thinking about it.

I do have a couple of questions. Outside of portability is there anything the ProVari cannot do in the world of E-Cigs? Do any ProVari owners prefer other things (portability issues do not apply)? Those that prefer other things could the ProVari still do what you wanted but maybe not a convienient?

Why I am asking these questions? Like in many different things sometimes it is cheaper and easier to have something far better than needed than a dozen things not good enough. I am starting to think one of these would mean I have less clutter and not try one thing after the other would be cheaper in the long run. I guess what I mean is if I have the best power system I will not have much desire for another one.

I have quickly accumulated stuff that I don't want and would get past doing that. Even if I would be 100% satisfied with something a notch below a ProVari I will not know unless I try it and if it turns out it does not measure up I will be spending money again.

If this makes any sense what are your thoughts. Would any of you ProVari users saved money, time, and clutter if you would have bought the ProVari first.

In my mind I think I could be well served by two systems and two systems only. A ProVari for home and in the home office plus the very best cigaike system I can find for when away from home or on a bicycle.

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
dude, if you want a provari and have the money to spend, buy a provari.
no need to rationalize it ;)

personally I am not the type to save money for something. I buy buy buy little things. If I had known what I was doing yes I could have bought a provari. Idk about saving money though because then you have to buy batteries, chargers, cartos, etc.

I'm pretty happy with my $40 vamo. And I can buy one for my husband too since they're relatively cheap compared to a provari.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
dude, if you want a provari and have the money to spend, buy a provari.
no need to rationalize it ;)

Do you have one?

I want to know if it will stop me from going around the full circuit of items out there.

I do wonder if there are other caps or tops available for this. I think a flat top will make it nicer for using larger carto tanks.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I saved a huge amount by buying a ProVari early on ... then I convinced myself to buy another one just in case.

I have tried many other types of PV's here and there and just always find myself turning back to the ProVari, cos it does what it is supposed to do, every time, first time.

If portability is not a factor is there anything you don't like about it?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
yea, sorry, I edited my post above, I don't have a provari. I want one, but can't get over the big price tag :0

Have you bought a bunch of this or that? I realize I have spent more on hardware than a ProVari and a few really good Pyrex carto tanks on stuff that I don't want anymore. I just wonder if the ProVari can stop me from looking for the next thing.

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
I got a V1 standard and a V2 mini and besides being slightly wider it is no more cumbersome than an ego.

I make all my own coils (Vivi Nova that has been going since October 2012) and the only negative is that if you don't get them done right then she battles to fire (but again the ProVari is doing what it supposed to do) and this is normally due to a short somewhere.

Do I have any regrets buying them ... not at all. Were they too expensive ... not really if you consider the cost of cigarettes in NZ.

I think the deciding factor for me was that it is difficult enough getting stuff over here that I wanted the best quality and something that was going to last ... and then I had to buy a backup.

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
I've bought a 510 kit, an ego kit, then ego VV batteries, then a vamo.
Not to mention the clearomizers, cartomizers, various eliquids.
I wish I hadn't thrown money around so much starting out is all lol

And I have no clue how long the vamo will last but it was on sale xD
I've had it for two weeks now and if it works I plan on buying another for my husband

it sounds like you're going about this in the smart way and trying to make an informed decision.
I've heard great things about provaris and their warranties. So if it needs fixed/replaced you can get that done rather than something made in china that if it breaks you're screwed.

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I went from cig-alikes to Ego Twists to Provari. And I have a REO which is in a different category from the Provari as it's a bottom feeder.

I don't feel that Ego Twists were a waste of money cuz at $25 each it's a good way to learn about variable voltage and try stuff out. I still have one, and use it from time to time.

Provari is actually a good value IMO. 1-year warrenty with the option to buy another year. And set repair prices after that. If you click on Clearance on the Provape site, you can get blemished models, starting at $140. I still cannot find the blemish on mine. It does everything I need it to. I prefer carto tanks. And am starting to get into RBA's which all work well on the Provari.

You were asking about the cosmetic rings. Google Hippo Cap and Pro Ring. I have neither, but that is what you are looking for to use larger tanks. Right now I have an IBTanked 19mm XL tank, so I don't need one.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I don't know if it would have saved me money but I do wish I'd bought one sooner but you live & learn. I don't regret my other purchases though. Most of them have found new homes via the classy's. I did receive my 2nd Provari yesterday though & love it just as much as my 1st. If you want one & it's in your budget go ahead & purchase one. Don't torture yourself for weeks like I did.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I started with Blu disposables and a Blu kit. Then I moved to the ego-c twist set-up with a bunch of clearomizers. When the mail person shows up today, a provari mini will be waiting for me.

In my case . . . No, I would have taken the same course. The egos will still come in handy when I'm at the archery club, hiking and things of that like.

Actually, ECF has shortened my learning curve by a bit. People such as Baditude and others have help tremendously.

liscombc

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
NY
I started vaping in 2007. I got my 1st pen style cig at a pawn shop. From there I bought many other kits: 510, EGo, etc. Back then we didn't even have carts lol. I bought the lava tube over provari because of the price, and it was junk. I got a provari a year ago from the classifieds. I have not bought another mod since then. I currently use a chinese genesis atomizer and love it. I've since seen many new mods, but nothing that has been ground breaking for me.

My next purchase will be something smaller for work. I am interested in the penelope with a 14500 device, but as of yet I still have not justified spending anything when my provari works flawlessly. I have dropped it so many times. I've never polished it, and it has lots of scratches all over it, but I love it!

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I started w/ an ego-w clone kit (66.69) - (PIFed)
then picked up a MadVapes VV boxmod to see if I liked VV (46.51) - Still used, but seldom.
I did & bought 3 Twists (~79.81 combined) - Used daily w/ chids on top.
Total = $193.01

I spent $203.20 on a ProVari w/ full kit - minus the extension cap (still smacking myself over that mistake).

I wasted more money on clearos & misc B.S. (~$220) before I got into genisis RBAs than I spent on my ProVari.
Also spent a shipload of cash on various juices trying to find "The One(s)"

I have since purchased an Electric Angel mech mod, a SS Sigmax, an MVP, a Vamo and... am waiting on a CVI w/ spare control head & an AFPV hybrid (Looking forward to that the most. :D)

Will I buy any more Chinese VV/VW mods... probably not. I'll probably end up PIFing the Vamo somewhere down the line. Maybe one of the CVIs as well. Never can tell. May put 'em up on the classies...

Total expenditure on vaping since Dec. 2011 $2,200 & change.
Documented here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/countsmackula/2673-cost-vaping-date.html

TL;DR - If i had to do it all over again - I'd have bought the ProVari & skipped the Twists & the MV boxmod.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Started out on disposables (White Cloud), went back to analogs, then went to their Cirrus 3 kit, went back to analogs. Tried various types of pvs, so yeah, I wasted a lot of money but luckily was able to sell some back on ebay. Bought a provari, learned the ropes, never went back to analogs and know I never will. It is a wonderful device and well worth the money. Is it expensive? It's all relative... Not compared to the mechanicals I have bought (which includes all the rbas) to be able to vape <1ohm. I got into rbas big time, and one costs me close to what I paid for the provari. No matter how many mechanicals I have sitting on my desk, I will always have use for the provari and still use it daily. Like you, I wanted one for home and one for portability... It turned out that I was so used to the quality of the provari, I just started bringing that around with me. My ego twist was beginning to collect dust. I gave my ego kit away to someone who really wanted to try to get off analogs.

alanyourmouth

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
USA
Provari all the way. It feels like a solid piece of machinery compared to others. I started with an ego twist but hated that I couldn't use it while it was charging. Having two batteries for the provari is great. I know I learned everything off the ego to start with, but I could of went without em. I had three at one point. Learning tanks and cartos got easy, and now I'm moving on to rebuildables and waiting for the Precise ELA for my mechanical setup. Happy vaping! :vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
After a short stint with typical cigalikes, I quickly moved on to two mechanical mods (Silver Bullet and a BB). When interested in variable voltage I went straight with a Provari. And even though I have purchased two different model variable voltage gripper box mods specifically for more portability and out-and-about use, I still find myself using the Provari for 90% of my vaping needs. It's just noticably better than anything else that I have.

My best vape. Consistant. Dependable. My go-to device.

Many people seem to prefer using mechanical PV's for their RBA tanks. I bought two rebuildables specifically for my Silver Bullet (mechanical), but I prefer using them on my Provari.

I'm still debating on getting a Mini Provari as an anniversary gift to myself for being smoke free for one year. Should I lose my only Provari I currently own, I would immediately order another one; I can't imagine being without one. My other mods? Probably not.

You can't go wrong getting a Provari. It's best selling point, in my opinion, is not only is it the best variable voltage device on the market, you can always have Provape repair it as long as you own the device, even after the warranty has expired. No Chinese mod can offer that. The Provari is for the long term vapor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread