Would it have been cheaper for you if you would have bought a ProVari from the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I got rid of the cig-a-likes for a silver bullet to get me off ciggies and now my REOs. I like the ease of maintenance -wash it under a tap!

As for saving money...lol - it was never about that anyway - it was far more important! Best of all - advice like Bad's on rba's and so on works on whatever device you use. My suggestion is one you are comfortable with and what you spend on it is between you and your (in my case) wife and conscience!

T

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i wish i pressed add to cart sooner then i did, i tried a ton of crap before finally doing it and spent way too much and regret it as most of that stuff is junk in a box.
i have 3 now one goes everywhere with me. and since the provari i never carry my little kit of back ups and charger and bla bla.

there are somethings i bought i would have bought anyways like a mechanical but the other PV's are worthless as far as im concerned, i had a vamo it sits in pieces from trying to find the short. not like china does repairs like provape.

while other mods work when they work and do it well just a quick scan of the other PV sections will show you what you dont deal with owning a provari.

skoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Colorado
I started with a 510 kit and saw myself endlessly fixing all the things that drove me nuts about it. Battery life, crappy cartos, bad batteries, cheaply made chargers and stuff. I went right to a ProVari and am very happy I did. There's enough fiddling around with top ends and juices, at least the bottom end is reliable and constant. And you can use any resistance on it and STILL have it consistent. 18650 extension makes it a light saber but I don't care.

Now if I could only find the perfect juice recipe...

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Mod (and or battery wise) I went;

Ego Twist
Evic
Smok Natural
Provari mini

In that order in 7 weeks. The evic and the ego is most of the way to a provari and I probably should have just done that first , I just thought they were too expensive. Now that I've had one for 5 days I don't ever want to use anything else VV again. I really do love how smooth the vape is. Until my Dripper Pro gets here my go to setup for a week has been my provari mini with an AGAT2 on it and its great.

If you have the money for a Provari just buy one.

yoitzo

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Cali, US
I probably would've quit smoking a lot sooner had I gone with the provari first. Sadly those did not exist back when I first tried out ecigs. I would've also saved quite a bit of money. I went from 510's, Ego T, Ego C Twist, and finally to a Provari. I'd also like to add that back when I first started tanks didn't exist and I hated getting juice all over my hands. I spent SO much money on atomizers, pccs, fillers, usb passthroughs, syringes, chargers and juices. Other than the ego T (such a pretty red, I just didn't have the heart to throw it away) everything went to trash. Then again the ego T is what got me back into the vaping world a month ago.

The one thing it can't do is variable wattage. Not even the tiniest bit of a problem for me cause I don't care for wattage. I like to adjust my voltage anyways. Granted, I am looking to get a vamo to play around with the wattage... someday. For now and the foreseeable future, I'm very happy with my provari and I would never give it up. ^^

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
I started with Blu cig-a-like, then ProSmoke. Neither one satisfied my smoking habit enough to quit.

Then I discovered this website, and immediately went with an eGo-C kit. Worked great, but leaked alot. The eGo C got me off of smoking at least.

Then I discovered the Provari among the rest of the mods. Immediately got a mini and some kanger T3s.

Upgraded to a Z-Atty-Pro and another full size Provari, and that's all I use now. Gave my Provari mini and Kanger T3s to my uncle to get him off smoking. Hope it works.

I now own and exclusively use two provaris, and two Z-Atty-Pros (one as a backup). Wish I had these when I used the cig-a-likes.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I have ordered a Provari and a PRO-V2 carto tank.

Until it arrives I guess I will be using my eGo C batteries with a tiny DCT tank.

I am not sure what I should do with my eGo C stuff and the 4 different cigalike sets I have.

I work at home so the size of the full sized Provari will not be an issue except when I am out riding a bicycle.

I hope the Provari and what ever solution I find for bicycle riding is all I will need.

I am not sure what all I will need into the way of hardware I will want for the Provari will be.

I will have three 18650 batteries for it and a Pyrex carto tank. I hope all I will need from now on for home use is cartos and e-juice.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Absolutely would order the ProVari again! Quality device and it shows.

Started out with eGo junk for me, my wife and daughter. Then got an eVic (have 2nd one on order thru co-op) which is a nice APV.
Ordered 3 Bolts for my wife, daughter and son to replace their eGos. Also got in 3 Vamos (wife has one with two for backups).
Numerous Vivi Novas, iClear 30s, Kanger ProTank on order, SmokTech RSST coming soon (co-op), ZAP purchased off Classifieds coming soon, AND a 2nd ProVari v2 supposed to be shipped today (Classifieds again) to go with the Mini I have.

Be careful or this stuff will eat a hole in your wallet. I've only been vaping for a few days over 2 months.

PS: Vapemail x3 is wonderfull! Got in the ZAP, Protank, and my Serenity Gear!

Last edited:

Kyndcookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
Absolutely would order the ProVari again! Quality device and it shows.

Started out with eGo junk for me, my wife and daughter. Then got an eVic (have 2nd one on order thru co-op) which is a nice APV.
Ordered 3 Bolts for my wife, daughter and son to replace their eGos. Also got in 3 Vamos (wife has one with two for backups).
Numerous Vivi Novas, iClear 30s, Kanger ProTank on order, SmokTech RSST coming soon (co-op), ZAP purchased off Classifieds coming soon, AND a 2nd ProVari v2 supposed to be shipped today (Classifieds again) to go with the Mini I have.

Be careful or this stuff will eat a hole in your wallet. I've only been vaping for a few days over 2 months.

Jiminy Cricket!!

I thought I was bad...:)

I went straight from nothing to an eVic to 2 Provaris (1 mini 2.0 and 1 extended 2.5). Sold the eVic and bought my first mech, a Ghost Modder brass GG clone. I've resisted the urge to chase LE mods. The Provaris really do satisfy my needs very well, and they are so damn easy to use. I'm not sure why people think they are not a good beginner mod. If you're committed to the concept, why start with Egos? RBA's, not so much...

Last edited:

yoitzo

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Cali, US
If I had bought a Provari off the bat instead of trying cheaper setups etc. I would have 2 of them instead of 1 now. And I wouldn't have drawers full of other junk that stopped working or only works half assed.

-___-;; true story. I too would've been able to get 2 Provaris rather than 1 or more likely, I would've been able to get TONS more juices, cartos and tanks...

EvilOne

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Los Angeles
-___-;; true story. I too would've been able to get 2 Provaris rather than 1 or more likely, I would've been able to get TONS more juices, cartos and tanks...
If I had just bought the Provari initially I probably would have been able to quit the cigarettes much longer ago as well. Man I wish all that money spent on junk had been put towards tanks and juices...

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
Ok I can break down my last 5 months 2 bloog 810 kits 2 njoy 810 kits 2 bloog 610 kits and a evic. Bought a provari today. Wish I had gone with the evic and the provari. I also bought 300 of stuff last year that I tossed. If I had gotten just a provari last year I might have not gone back to cigs. I love my kanger mt3 and trying iclear 30s tonight. So yes the provari rocked my world hardcore today. Mind blown. Lol

Smoke free since march 5 2013

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
I'm sure it would have been cheaper but I'm glad I waited. I started with the mall kit, then 510s, then egos, then box mods. I had fun working my way up the ladder and I don't know that I could fully appreciate what I have now if I hadn't known anything else.

I second this. It's true if I started on a provari I might have missed how epic it is. Thanks for reading my mind.

Smoke free since march 5 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread