Would love a little advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemaster2001

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Goldsboro, NC USA
So I'm trying my hand at rebuildables, thought I would start out "easy"...ha!! Yeah right!

Watched this video about 10 times before I started...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhoRBLfk6Mw&list=PL9W9q2uW7zICwwbxXaLQNGd6lytPed9oy

I love the concept, only 1 coil rather than 2. So I used 2 different wires. First tried it with 28 gauge kanthal, 9 wraps. Followed his directions and got it all back together, put it on the ohm meter and got a reading of 0.19 :?: Thought maybe he used that .28wire which he said equals @ 29 gauge, so rebuilt it again with 30 guage, 9 wraps. This time got an ohm reading of 0.30.

Neither one of these is anywhere near 1.50 so I am a bit flummoxed. Really proud of my coils, nice and neat, everything went what I would consider perfect, but.....not getting the 1.50 reading I was looking for. (at least my MVP did read the second one, at .3, but I don't know what to do different.) I really wanted to learn this to save money on heads, I have mine, my sister's and now my son will begin using a Davide with the Aspire head.

Help please!!! :confused: (and thanks in advance...you guys are great here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread