Would you ever smoke analogs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztsd

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
Boston, MA
There's something for those wonderful anti e-cig people to consider... Just how many people will you consign to an early death by having these things banned? It's on your head anti ecig types.

Are you kidding? It's ALL about the money! Look at how they handle analogs, rather than banning them, the tobacco companies make big bucks. The government provides them protection from being sued by a settlement, and were highly rewarded monetarily. The continuing tax revenues constantly rising guarantees they wont ban them.

Unfortunately, the humongous profits earned by the tobacco and pharmaceutical companies guarantees that tobacco and NRT's stay legal and e-cigs are banned to eliminate unbeatable competition.

Just think about it. Know many smokers that don't want to quit if they could do it? NRT's pretty much don't work, cost more than analogs and cause mouth cancer. Now if all smokers found out THE TRUTH about e-cigs, it would end both industries.

This will NOT be allowed!!

fcb

Aug 14, 2009
Miami
www.1pixl.com
Hi, this is my first post. I will say that at home I will not smoke analogs, unless all my batteries die. In public... I'd rather not attract the attention of puffing out of a strange led light emitting device, people would probably think its crack or maybe that I'm from the future and have come to take over their non-smoking establishment... people are mostly ignorant maybe thats better for us?

it's a possibility, although Camel Snus would probably keep me from picking up a cigarette again, but there's always the possibility without an e-cig that I would find myself at the counter of a gas station saying "Pack of Camel Filters" and them saying "Can I see your ID?.... That'll be $17.69 please" and then I hand over a $20 and count my change making sure he didn't rip me off....

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
it's a possibility, although Camel Snus would probably keep me from picking up a cigarette again, but there's always the possibility without an e-cig that I would find myself at the counter of a gas station saying "Pack of Camel Filters" and them saying "Can I see your ID?.... That'll be $17.69 please" and then I hand over a $20 and count my change making sure he didn't rip me off....

Wow, you get carded for tobacco products? I haven't got carded for years for those!

zgsp

May 19, 2009
The only "traditional" cigarette that I would consider returning to is eclipse. Everyone that I have turned on to eclipse - and was able to stick with them exclusively for at least a couple of months - never could return to burning cigarettes.

I don't accept the "analog/electronic" or "smoking/vaping" distinctions. I find "electronic cigarettes" to be every bit as analog, since you can't inhale something that isn't material.

The distinction (to me) is the material (leaf-tobacco vs liquid), and how they produce aerosol (burning vs heating). All the other terminology is emotive, social, romantic, or just meaningless.

Anyway, after several months now of using liquid, I'm resonably convinced that it produces far less soot and causes far less respitory congestion. So I would not really even want to return to eclipse. Perhaps I would go back to the nicotrol/nicorette inhaler.

yknotagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2009
Kenosha, WI
I believe there is a tremendous amount of needless paranoia going on. Even if there is a
ban - can you not currently get just about any drug or drug device you want nearly
everywhere in the world today?

I do foresee regulation, probable taxation and perhaps even prescriptions in the future. I
do not foresee having to return to analogs.

autrad

Jul 12, 2009
Minnesota
i wouldn't want to go back. Thought it through, you can grow your own tobacco and make tea for the juice, you can get around the battery thing, but atomizers seemed tricky at first. Did a quick experiment building a very crude atomizer one night and it worked, submitted it to the atomizer mods in hoping that people with more time and talent than I have will be inspired and able to come up with better plans in case we ever need it, but I'm not an alarmist. I'm glad we have some good reputable suppliers out there who make all these things convenient and as long as they are there for us I believe we should patronize those with good customer service and support them and the industry in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread