Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I believe there is a tremendous amount of needless paranoia going on. Even if there is a
ban - can you not currently get just about any drug or drug device you want nearly
everywhere in the world today?

I do foresee regulation, probable taxation and perhaps even prescriptions in the future. I
do not foresee having to return to analogs.

1) My husband vapes at work. (Tho now it's a box mod with a juice pump, it's still, to his supervisor an e-cig)

2) My son's father-in-law (who stops by often just to say Hi, He's a nice man) is a cop.

3) Neither of us really want to do anything that's illegal even in the privacy of our own home.

If illegal to use, we have no choice but to resort to analogs.

(But I still have a stock of attys & juice laid in. Banned sales is different than illegal use ;))

I'm just sayin'

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I'm stocking attys as much as I can. Right now I got close to 20 and hope to have more before it's impossible to buy them but fully realize I'm running out of time. On a fix SS income so it has to be done a little at a time.
I'm learning how to build my own things to power them. I can only hope that someone comes up with how to build an atty before I run out. Or, some product comes out that a workable atty can be taken out and maybe a usable cart.
HINI HINT I'd think that would be a great option for companies that will soon be shutdown because of the ban. I'd be willing to pay a for an over priced incense burner or room vaporizer.
I just started using the E-cig in March and still have analogs in my freezer so it probably wouldn't be long before I dug them out. If I perish because of it I, and my family, will blame the FDA for it.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Will be looking into these things... but in the meantime for those that have the resources and innovative spirit -

Atomizer: Basically a coil and wicking system that vaporizes liquids.
These are in use in all sorts of devices suck as AirWick (tm) oil fragrance air fresheners, humidifiers, fog machines, etc.

There are many places to get mini-coils and electronics such as Ramsey, Radio Shack, Heathers, etc.

I don't think it would be very difficult to reproduce an atomizer, or even find a commercial replacement (such as an alternate device and strip the atomizer from it) and create and e-cig from it.

Granted it may not look beautiful, but I'm betting with a little trial and error some home - remedies for a sale ban could be made available in a DIY eBook if it comes to that.

Take care all,
-Hap

Blooper

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Vegas
we just need a scientists and some doctors to do fancy tests. Since doctors and medical personnel are some of the heaviest smokers i would think they would be quick on this topic and get those tests running. Even if the vspor is not 100% safe it cant be as bad as amonia and rat poisons and whatever else is in analogs. Some common sense has to come into the picture somewhere. However it is politics. I dream big

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
What about vaporizers that people use for other things? I don't own one so no trial and error here.

I would imagine this would work, anyone tried?

Yes - I am 100% certain that these work for other things... how do I know you ask? Well let's just say I know for a fact that you can vape a few drops of straight up Strawberry Daquari!! (My Nephew thought it would be a real hoot to play a joke on th eol' Uncle. Actually.. it didn't taste half bad LOL)
:D

Blooper

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Vegas
Yes. If there is no way for me to control the amount of nicotine I am receiving. The plan is to reduce my nic intake from all the different levels of juice out there. I do enjoy the feeling I get from smoking. But i wish I wasn't addicted to it. Just like ice cream or a cheesecake. I love it I have it on occasion but I feel no need to keep eating it one after another. I can have a piece and not think about it for weeks or months and its no biggie. With smoking it always feels like there's an unending small hunger that never goes away (nicotine). Its not painful but its damn annoying. Imagine if there was a way to monitor the nicotine levels in what you are inhaling and not have to worry about 499 additives and 4000 chemicals from igniting something on fire. Wouldn't that just be awesome for people?

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
The original question is both dangerous and misinformed. It assumes the only alternative to using a PV is a cigarette.

There are a number of other reduced risk products that would be far superior to going back to cigarettes. Swedish style snus, nasal snuff, and dissolvables are all legitimate reduced harm ways of getting nicotine.

The reality is that e-cigs are without a doubt the least effective way of getting nicotine with the most unknowns. Snus is likely the most effective and the most studied.

The whole idea of e-cigs or cigarettes is not that much different from the whole "quit or die" approach the 21st century puritans are pushing on us. If e-cigs are banned (highly likely) you would do well for yourself to look at the other alternatives before going back to smoking.

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
I'm clearing about the same amount of money I was making 35 years ago--about 550 bucks amonth. Because I switched to ultralites a year ago, my cigarette intake jumped from two packs a day to three.

I was paying out 240 dollars a month for cigarettes...almost half my income. Between income taxes, social security, and cigarette taxes (not counting gas taxes) the government is racking in about 75% of my total income.

I quit because I wanted to quit smoking. I don't want to go back....I 'can't' go back.

Fortunately, I am a techno...I've taken a quick look at the diagrams of these E-cigs...I don't see anything here I couldn't replicate--that juice might give me a hard time, I don't know anything about chemistry. But in an earlier post (above mine) someone mentioned tea bags.

Take all this, then apply the fact I have almost 200 factory filled cartridges in the fridge, a DSE 901, a 510, and several Health E-cigs...I'd have to say I will never go back.

Besides, I still have my pipe and two months supply of unused Cherry Blend pipe tobacco. Besides again...I quit once for ten years...I haven't forgotten how.

I will NEVER go back!

bye

dperino

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
while fairly new to vaping, i still smoke. i think this is for two reasons. one is the stress i've been under for the past few months caused by unemployment and all the silly stuff that goes along with that. second, is that i've found that my 510 doesn't cut it, nor does 36 mg. liquid. so, while i can rectify most of this with a mod and higher mg, i have to say that my intention is to ultimately purchase an iolite and at the least use it at home. that's my goal and the only way i see for me to feasibly stay off smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread