Would you ever smoke analogs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys know that on all European packets of cigarettes is written "SMOKING KILLS"

Not "Smoking can damage your health"

so with this logic in mind, if the FDA banned e-cigs, and we started smoking again ....that would make them serial killers !!!!8-o

I would love to say no, but I'm afraid I would :(

and you should see the warning on Canadian smokes lol, here's a few:

060024.jpg

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
The original question is both dangerous and misinformed. It assumes the only alternative to using a PV is a cigarette.

There are a number of other reduced risk products that would be far superior to going back to cigarettes. Swedish style snus, nasal snuff, and dissolvables are all legitimate reduced harm ways of getting nicotine.

The reality is that e-cigs are without a doubt the least effective way of getting nicotine with the most unknowns. Snus is likely the most effective and the most studied.

The whole idea of e-cigs or cigarettes is not that much different from the whole "quit or die" approach the 21st century puritans are pushing on us. If e-cigs are banned (highly likely) you would do well for yourself to look at the other alternatives before going back to smoking.

The original question was hypothetical : would you go back to whatever you were smoking before, should there be zero availability in vaping materials !!

It was a question directed towards self-analysis, a search for the truth deep within, and not directed towards problem solving and finding alternate nicotine delivery systems that are less harmful than analogs.
It's funny how we are all wired differently, and yet, addicted the the same substance!

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
The original question was hypothetical : would you go back to whatever you were smoking before, should there be zero availability in vaping materials !!

It was a question directed towards self-analysis, a search for the truth deep within, and not directed towards problem solving and finding alternate nicotine delivery systems that are less harmful than analogs.
It's funny how we are all wired differently, and yet, addicted the the same substance!

Wow, a very truthful, thought provoking post! Thanks Gino.

I have been contemplating this very issue. Now that I vape I have been wondering: Why did I smoke, (besides the nicotine addiction?) Even with the patch and gum when getting the nicotine, I still wanted a cigarette. I really think there is a tactile factor and emotional factor involved.

I really NEVER want to smoke again. I can smell, taste and I feel so much better, both physically and emotionally, that I have been psyching myself up so that if I will not be able to vape I will try with all my heart to never smoke again.

Last edited:

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
No way Jose. I still vape because I like to. And I totally admit it. I like the weight of it in my hand, I like the warm vapor sensation in my throat and chest, and some sort of overall satisfaction in the whole experience.

At this point I only use juice with nicotene in it maybe 2 or 3 times a week as it is if I'm really stressed out or just want some.

I accidently left my PV at home on a training week last year and was so pi**ed off, but I did not even consider going to buy a pack of ciggies, but I did search all over the town I was in to see if they had a new NJoy - ROFL - I was willing to pay another $129.00 by God! hahahahaha

So if it comes down to no more vaping - I will be fine - but more than likely, I will go out to the shop, look up in my materials catalogues, get some tubing, batteries, coils, and other parts, and start making my own stuff as I need it.

I always have done that sort of thing if I need to, especially when I can't afford it otherwise. So actually NO - I will never smoke analogues again, but I'll probably never stop vaping either ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread