The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wow! 510 battery really sucks!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by unfaithful, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. unfaithful

unfaithful Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Omg! I don't know whether I vape too much, well actually I do. I vape constantly. But my 510 battery doesnt even last 2 hours. I have to charge it constantly and then use the automatic one with cartridges and no liquid until it charges, ew! I remember when I bought my first e-cig "Gamucci" it usually lasted half a day at least, but then again, it was so crap and I was still smoking in between and wasn't vaping as much. Its just so annoying! When I ordered 510 it came with an automatic and manual batteries. I don't get why I didn't get 2 manuals, maybe because I bought it for a bit cheaper than everywhere else. I heard about 510 crap battery life, but I didn't think it'd be a problem until now. I think I will need to invest into ego or riva soon, but I don't want to spend any more money on a new kit. I think I spent over £100 on e-cigs so far... Can anyone recommend the best pv I can get? With a good throat hit and vapour and a long lasting battery? Also, I heard about low resistance atomizers and tanks, what are they? Which kit is the best currently that I won't need to replace anytime soon? Also, what is the best UK supplier to buy a genuine and good kit from?

Thanks a lot.

2. permafrying

permafrying Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    lol there's actually a sticky on this :) it's pretty outdated though... could always try the riva 510 though it's a little bigger but not as much as you would think from the pics, about as wide as a dime and shorter then a regular cig look alike battery :) low resistance means you'll just get a hotter vape more or less. on the off chance you have any car stereo experience think of it like ohms on subs and how you wire them to an amp...... lower resistance stuff isn't recomended for batteries under 650 mah because it could damage the battery, meaning you would need a riva or ego or a mod to use one

3. MadmanMacguyver

MadmanMacguyver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Dallas Texas
    I suggest you buy an Ego style mod or even a boxmod or tube mod..If your a heavy vaper the ego style will usually carry you through the day but if you are an ulta vaper.....Well you need MORE POWER in the form of some major Mah...that means a mod w at least 1800-2600Mah which is an 18500 or 18650 batteries...

Good luck...and Vape on:vapor:

4. DLL9MM

DLL9MM Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Mid-Michigan
    When I was using only my 510 kit, the batteries would only last 2-3 hours. It sucked having to charge batteries over and over. I bought an eGo kit and now the batteries last all day. If I were you I would order a Riva 510 or an eGo of some sort.

5. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Ok, so whats the difference between riva and ego apart from the price? :D Should I get a tank or just normal?

6. permafrying

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    um... origonality? riva is an ego clone.. riva has improved and become 3.7v :) although allot of people say ego is 3.7v im pretty sure it's lower.. so riva is superior!!! haha :D it's all the same really.. you can buy the tank atty's and cart's if you want later so order whichever you choose. i'd stick with the regular riva 510 and order some 510-t tank carts and atty's because i've heard less problems from them...

7. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Cool, thanks a lot. So its gonna be riva 510 for me soon. I hope it will be my final e-cig. It makes me cry seeing the numbers in my bank account decrease slowly... :D

8. permafrying

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    lol good luck with that one.. i have a riva and 3 kr8 batteries... and i already know i have one or two or three or 10 kits coming when i have the money.... atleast two of them being riva kits :D e-cigarettes are an addiction in themselves :) spending money on them is just a hard to avoid side affect

9. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Omg, those numbers you mentioned are so confusing to me :D People in this forum go on about dkhgh and 485fjhf etc. I just dont get it :D

10. permafrying

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    youll get it eventually :) you got your posts best mention me in your sig since im so helpfull... :D:D

11. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Ew! Now I can't find the option to add a signature anywhere :(

12. permafrying

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    click on settings and edit signature?

13. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Its not there. I can't see it. Seriously, Im normally very good at this stuff, but its not there :(

14. permafrying

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    top right of the screen it says settings.. then scroll down a little and on the left it should say edit signature, might take an hour or so for the server to catch up like it does to let you out of the new members forum :p

15. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Ok, I just have to wait I guess, pfft. I hope I don't get banned for talking about unrelated stuff here :D

16. permafrying

Apr 1, 2011
    montrose co
    i talk about unrelated stuff allot.. mostly cuz im bored and colorado sucks, atleast the western slope.. and the people on here are fun to talk to so it keeps me sane and off stogeys :D but permafrying should be somewhere in your sig for all my substantial help :D

17. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Im using an ego style T-Rex 1100mah from Liberty-Flights. I get over 24 hours on a charge with this battery and love the green lite ring. I got tired of using the kr808 batteries, charging every 2-4 hours got very inconvenient.

18. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I ordered an Ego. Should be with me tommorow morning, yay!

19. bsampson

bsampson Full Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Forney TX
    I had the same problem. If the Ego doesn't work out for you, I ordered a PigCig from Lecig. com. The battery lasts for a couple of days, and vapes way harder than my little Bloog batteries.

20. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Im in too much of a hurry this moring to read all the post except the OP. In short..get a mod. Which is up to you. Tube or box bottomfeeder so long as it has at least a 18650 batt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.