Ended Wow! Koopor & Smok Giveaway - 200 Koopor Plus and 200 TFV4 Mini's to be won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
ThaFuzz, just did some tests.

First burnt was 0.78ohms SS single coil kayfun V4.
Second was a 0.78ohms SS single coil subtank.

Third i was needing to change cotton in a igo-S so i took the cap and cotton off and did some dry tests with 0.66ohms SS.

In the evic mini TCR set to 94 or it will cut way to soon at 225ºc, and it takes about 5 seconds to hit TC and cut it, no glow or burned cotton.
In the koopor i had the TCR to 92 and 87, and it lights up in less than a second, and burns the cotton, and after that it starts to show temp protected after the burning.

One thing i know for sure, i can't set a kayfun at more than 15W, even in TC. So in the evic board i have TC for 225ºc, and set the wattage to 15W or 17W max in the TC mode.
I have no way to set the wattage in TC mode in the koopor do i?
Because it shows it starting at 90W, and even in the min or soft setting it burns the cotton in less than a second and only after that it starts hiting Temp protection, it gives for a horrible vape.
almost sounds like you are running a single coil in dual coil mode, its a setting on the mod

Coiso

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Portugal
Nope, is in SC mode.

There's no way i can fire a kayfun at 90W and not tasting burned. When the dry coil with no cotton is fired, it goes up to 90W even in min or soft mode.
The only way i can use TC the way i usually do is to have the choice to set temperature, and max wattage.

If i set lets say, an atty, to 400ºf, and max 30 or 40W i can vape fine, if it goes to 100w without me choosing it, surely it will tast burned if it is not a setup for 140%VG with big or huge airholes.

Oh btw, the wire is 26G or 0.40mm. It's not that thin but ok, it's not barbed wire.

Reactions: Vapah

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
@Coiso Mad Vapes told me they had heard of no one having trouble with TC using SS. I finally was able to use TC somewhat with 430 SS single coil on a ST mini by setting TCR all the way down to 50 and setting the strength to min. The same almost worked with 316 but had to set the temp much lower.

Strike that last sentence. With 316 I set the temp. down to 200F and it was still too hot.

Last edited:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Hmm, I've developed a pain in my hand over the last 2 days, couldn't figure out what it's from but I did just notice that it's right where the corner of this mod sits in my hand, going to have to try the moddom and see it goes away :S
Been using my vtc mini today and the pain is starting to go away :X WTH!!??!!?!

Coiso

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Portugal
I've tried that Canno, setting the TCR to 60 and even 50 and the temp to 100ºC, and still the burnt taste. In those settings the coil almost stopped glowing in a dry coil. The only way i can hit the "temperature protected" warning is with a dry coil, with cotton and juice it almost never hits 100ºC and the warning.

Hey don't get me wrong, i apreciate the gift and contest, i'm not trying to be a bad winner and all, but i'm seeking for help with you guys, and the ones who also won.

Still in test yesterday to show my girl i went to set the TCR again to 87, not even 92, and temp to 200ºc, dry coil in igo-s broke the coil, it was the first SS coil i managed to break. Next took my magma, with cotton and juice, wanted to show her that in min strengh setting it would still hit at least 50W that tastes burned to me in a magma because of the lack of airflow, bam, broke yet another coil o_O

Any help i would very much apreciate it guys.

Info: first device turn on, it showed firmware V.1.003
Tanks i wouldn't want to fire them over 15 or 17Watts, kayfun v4, subtank, goblin mini or pico.
Wire is SS316L From youde. I have Titanium and a joyetech nickel head but i don't wanna use Ni..
Last i can do a setup for 150W or something, a dual kanthal build in the turbo atomizer, but i would like to use this box mod with more then one atomizer. That and, WTF is 15W min, norm, and hard? How many 15W are, for the same coil? :?:

Coiso

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Portugal
See, theres the prob, 15 watts is not the initial for even min setting. Its 44

Yep.. and 44w for a mouth to lung vaper is... a little bit over the too much. I managed to put the innokin apex on it, 30W.. the normal 30W not the other 4 possible 30W, and it's vaping fine, for those rare rare moments when i want to vape at 0mg. Damn cloud chassing fashion on vaping :-x

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Hmm, I've developed a pain in my hand over the last 2 days, couldn't figure out what it's from but I did just notice that it's right where the corner of this mod sits in my hand, going to have to try the moddom and see it goes away :S

Been using my vtc mini today and the pain is starting to go away :X WTH!!??!!?!

And now it's almost gone, I wonder if this is why they included the separate moddom? Should be gone by tomorrow hopefully, kinda itching to do a new build and it's quite annoying :X

Reactions: Vapah

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
My TFV4 mini has been delivered. Had sent a message to Madvapes a week ago and they responded that they had difficulties with their shipping provider getting it to a FPO address (I've received things here from them in the past via USPS). Gave my sister's address and they sent it out quick after that and got an email today from my sister that it's there.
Gonna be awhile before I get it in hand as have to wait til after my move next month and she'll send it to me (along with a bunch of other things).

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Just a heads up, the Koopor plus has torn the casings on two of my batteries on the negative side, both were LG HE4's, I am also noticing wear on the negative side of my HG2's, positive side seems fine though.

Didn't happen all at once.

picture?

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Just a heads up, the Koopor plus has torn the casings on two of my batteries on the negative side, both were LG HE4's, I am also noticing wear on the negative side of my HG2's, positive side seems fine though.

Didn't happen all at once.

I can see how that would happen as I noticed that the batteries fit very tight. I try to be careful when changing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread