Ended Wow! Koopor & Smok Giveaway - 200 Koopor Plus and 200 TFV4 Mini's to be won

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
Squirrel%20Door_zpselkyyekc.jpg

After my dog passed, I befriended a few squirrels. They jump on the door screen when they want peanuts.
Would Love to have squirrels be that way here

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Would Love to have squirrels be that way here
I started by sitting quietly on the steps and tossing peanuts close to them. Once they figured out it was food I started tossing them closer to me. Then I would set a peanut next to me and sit still. Then they figured I lived in a squirrel nest and would jump on the door to see, and tell me to get a peanut. Had one (my friendliest one) come in the house once and jump up on my puter table. Food is the key, then gain trust.

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
I started by sitting quietly on the steps and tossing peanuts close to them. Once they figured out it was food I started tossing them closer to me. Then I would set a peanut next to me and sit still. Then they figured I lived in a squirrel nest and would jump on the door to see, and tell me to get a peanut. Had one (my friendliest one) come in the house once and jump up on my puter table. Food is the key, then gain trust.
Yeah i give them some in the evenings. but the furbabies in the house won't allow them to get close :(

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
My cats keep them from trusting that much here. Even though cats on a screened porch... squirrels keep their distance. I was here 2 yrs before there were any at all here. We have a lot of maple trees but few oak or any nut trees.

Am off to watch a little more football.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Yeah i give them some in the evenings. but the furbabies in the house won't allow them to get close :(
I know exactly what you mean. I had two of them fighting over nuts one day on my porch .. so I stepped out to separate them. The real friendly one stopped between my feet and kept eating as the others were too afraid to come any closer.

Reactions: BamaBabe4Ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread