Wrong Question Being Asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
Personally I think it's the nrt's made by big pharma that are threatened moreso then tobacco. PM has the resources and distribution network in place to seize the market. The only reason these products can be marketed like they are is because they aren't in 7-11. All it would take is for PM to drp a couple mil and they could easily put all of us out of business. People will always smoke tobacco. What this threatens is those crappy overpriced nrt's that don't work.

Agreed. The tobacco companies can get on the wagon if they want to. It would cost them but they could recover. Pharma on the other hand is scewed and this is their own fault. If they were not charging reduculous fees for their NRTs they could have come out with something but who is going to pay their rediculous prices?

Someone had commented to me that I have to consider the approval costs that they pay and I say BS to that. Conveniently their NRTs will run you about the same as it costs to smoke. They pushed the price right to the wall because they could. Well now pay the price.

Nestran

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Exactly Natran, they have pushed the price right to the very edge so that someone attempting to quit with these phailures in waiting pays the same as they would for the tobacco! Screw them and the horse they rode in on. They brought it on themselves and now that someone else brought a better, more effective solution to the table and they are ...... off about it. It don't take a rocket scientist to see what groups are behind the anti ecig noise. As for the holier than thous in the world they can all kiss my shiny white ...!

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Don't get me started on those things. I find it amazing that people will take a medication to lower their blood pressure or something that could cause all these other symptoms.

When I see a warning for .... leakage I just run screaming the other way, I will be damned if I have to buy tampons to shove up my ... to keep the .... leakage in check to keep my blood pressure 20 pts lower, I will take my chances thanks.

allgoodnamestaken

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
United States
Hell, where is the reformed caffeine addiction forum? I wonder if they are just as high on themselves?

I could google, but the question is rhetorical. I guess I should ask them, but why...oh why is it such an evil thing to quit nicotine gradually? Nobody starts out with 2 packs or more a day.

Why even quit nicotine if you don't want to?

From WebMD:

"Nicotine by itself is not nearly as harmful as smoking. Tars, carbon monoxide, and other toxic chemicals in tobacco cause harmful effects, not the nicotine."

So if I want to continue using nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, etc. - all legal substances - Isn't it my body, my choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread