XC-116 (Nextel 330) Heat Treatment Experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Dream, I didn't have time last time I rebuilt to try something new. I will be trying it this next time I promise ;) I'm also going to try and make a video as soon as I get a chance, and since it has pink colored sizing, it is a perfect for demonstrating using the blow torch to clean the sizing off.

More to come.. soon, I promise!

Dream

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Redondo Beach
I swear, I'm not rushing you.. I haven't had time (or patience) lately for testing etc.. I feel a little guilty for lagging on the testing.. You, on the other hand, have provided a huge portion of the relevant information concerning Nextel.. So, no worries, pal! You've surpassed sainthood in furthering the cause--the quest for the perfect vape :)

ytmnd!
Cheers!
:vapor:

Dream, I didn't have time last time I rebuilt to try something new. I will be trying it this next time I promise ;) I'm also going to try and make a video as soon as I get a chance, and since it has pink colored sizing, it is a perfect for demonstrating using the blow torch to clean the sizing off.

More to come.. soon, I promise!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
wfa, that happens because you feel that the Iatty os overflooded? If yes, then please try to push a little more the wick inside slots:)

Im not really sure whats causing the better results. I noticed it when I dumped out what was left of one flavor to add another. I was gonna vape it dry before I added more so I didnt waste any juice and I noticed that I got better vapor production when the tank was filled less than halfway. This isnt a problem at all just wondering if anyone was noticing the same thing.

I dont think its flooding when full because it still vapes good, there is just a noticible increase in performance when the tank is closer to empty

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
If you want it fired, I would take my lot of it with the firing instructions to a local ceramics shop and try and make a friend ;)
The worst they can do is tell you no.

Using a torch is fine for cleaning the sizing off, you won't be able to heat treat (harden) the product very effectively or consistently.

Interesting thread. I have no iatty but I have some of this on the way for other devices. I read the tech notebook or whatever its called. The heat treating certainly seems to be the way to go. And yet I have no kiln.... Guess I'll start with the torch method.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
If you want it fired, I would take my lot of it with the firing instructions to a local ceramics shop and try and make a friend ;)
The worst they can do is tell you no.

Using a torch is fine for cleaning the sizing off, you won't be able to heat treat (harden) the product very effectively or consistently.

None within 20 miles of here.......and no buddy has one that gets that hot.....:(

Handed a co-worker a 25' roll of xc-116 today. He has two kilns and does custom pottery on the side. Should get it on Tuesday when we go back to work.

Gave him the instructions for temp ranges and even a pic from the beginning of this thread so he could see how to lay it out in the kiln.

Sweet.

:thumbs:

Awesome Repent, IMHO, the heat treated is much better than the non heat treated. Wise decision ;)

Sent you a PM, I'm so frustrated......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread