Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You're gonna love the new search.

We've been toying with the idea of dumping the likes to speed up the conversion process and letting everyone start from scratch.

j/k

Please tell me we won't lose post count in the process! Everything else I can live with. Progress is good, but I'd hate to start over at post #1.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good! I was unable to find that little piece of info when I Google searched for it in transitioning from one forum software to the other.

What a nightmare that would be if we were all set back to new member! :shock: ROFLMAO The rest of the forum would look like a ghost town and the spamming for post count?!?!?!?! :ohmy:!

Reactions: tmcase

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Post count isn't any kind of indication of character, intelligence, or standing, but a higher post count or longer membership length does signify that maybe the person who is giving you advice knows something about the subject being discussed, at least when the topic is ecig related. I know that when I was a newby I listened closer to people with more time and posts than those who joined last week with 25 post counts.

It's a valid and hopefully meaningful reference.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The information for each member as they post is going to change. A lot.

Here's what the new postbit will look like in the new forums:

sC787Ca.png

To view the member's member card, click on their user name and you'll see the member card pop up:

DYJkq8Q.png

Here's a better view of the member card itself:

rQSWFt4.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Imo, the current size of the supporting member decal is about right, in proportion to the avatar size.

Do without it? No. To me, it's like the post count. Those who care enough (and have the where-with-all) to support ECF are often those with more experience in vape-land, and are also more often those who are most willing to help out.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
While there will be the inevitable hiccoughs in the transition, and the also inevitable curmudgeons, it's great to be making the move to improved software.

We'll be able to point folk here and/or try to explain :toast:

HEY - I resemble that remark . . .
old-man-mooning.gif

The good thing is that this time - it has been really great to know what is happening prior to the change over to the "improved" software, especially since it will allow "Us" time to learn & adjust to what some of the changes will be . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

YEP - Been posting links to both threads since the I found out from "My" Friend - "classwife" :wub:

I have a feeling that the changes will become second nature after a very short while. :)

SO looking forward to this, @retired1! ;)

DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Uploading pictures is even easier (that's another tip that I'll be addressing soon) in XF. And if you're using Chrome, you're gonna LOVE the ability to drag and drop an image into the reply box.

I so hope so . . . For the past couple of years I have had to strickly use BBCodes to post "STUFF" . . . :D

Even wrote a "How To" use BBCodes to post Images "Blog" to help others . . . :facepalm:

The only thing I have to ask though - When using a tablet it is much harder, is therengoing to be any easier way to post multi-quotes and images/emoticons, especially since "You" normally are not able to use a "Mouse" ? ? ? ? :rolleyes:

btw - please, don't lose any likes - i'm working on a milestone! :lol:

WOW ! ! ! "You" sure are . . . :rickroll:
(BTW: Right behind Ya' . . . ;) :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol:)

What a nightmare that would be if we were all set back to new member! :shock: ROFLMAO The rest of the forum would look like a ghost town and the spamming for post count?!?!?!?! :ohmy:!

Ya' Think . . .
rotflol.gif

Imo, the current size of the supporting member decal is about right, in proportion to the avatar size.

Do without it? No. To me, it's like the post count. Those who care enough (and have the where-with-all) to support ECF are often those with more experience in vape-land, and are also more often those who are most willing to help out.

Fully understand what "You're" saying here, however there are many of "Us" here that DO CARE ENOUGH and HELP OUT (and are even willing to continue to do so) who are not/no longer supporting members for personal reasons (including financil) . . . So being able to "purchase" a "Supporting Member Decal" doesn't necessarily say "You" actually care to participate Or help others on ECF . . . Just Sayin' . . . :blink:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Post count isn't any kind of indication of character, intelligence, or standing, but a higher post count or longer membership length does signify that maybe the person who is giving you advice knows something about the subject being discussed, at least when the topic is ecig related. I know that when I was a newby I listened closer to people with more time and posts than those who joined last week with 25 post counts.

It's a valid and hopefully meaningful reference.

Wouldn't join date and member title do the same thing (veteran, etc.)?

oh no! :ohmy: a big 'supporting member' decal but avis are the same size? :shock:

I know it's not possible currently, but will the new software enable the ability to opt out of flying the supporting member flag if desired?

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Wouldn't join date and member title do the same thing (veteran, etc.)?

I know it's not possible currently, but will the new software enable the ability to opt out of flying the supporting member flag if desired?

sure would be nice - i always thought the line 'supporting member' under my ecf forum name would suffice ;)

having the option would be great - it would keep everybody happy :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
you're going about this wrong :D - worry about the little things; that way you won't have a chance to get shell-shocked by contemplating this daunting switch-over ;)

no matter what - we'll be with you in spirit when the time comes :thumbs: and if it works we'll adjust ;)

AH - Lest "You" forget oh wise one, once done . . .

:facepalm: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread