retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Even when using the "Link" button in the Reply...I can't seem to be able to post an Amazon link.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known "bug" that will be fixed? Or...is it by design (for who-knows-what reason)?

For some reason, the links are being interpreted as a media code. We'll get it fixed shortly.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Even when using the "Link" button in the Reply...I can't seem to be able to post an Amazon link.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known "bug" that will be fixed? Or...is it by design (for who-knows-what reason)?

For some reason, the links are being interpreted as a media code. We'll get it fixed shortly.

This should now be fixed.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Please test in the Sandbox. Thank you

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
This addon worked beautifully!!
I'm glad it worked for you! I found it several years ago when one of the 3D software forums I frequent changed their website and I could hardly read the text due to poor contrast. There are a few websites that I wouldn't frequent nearly as often without it.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I'm glad it worked for you! I found it several years ago when one of the 3D software forums I frequent changed their website and I could hardly read the text due to poor contrast. There are a few websites that I wouldn't frequent nearly as often without it.

downloaded but not tried yet ;)

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I finally discovered how to use FF options to change fonts and backgrounds on web pages. Light blue is wonderful with black text.

Chrome user here... Haven't found anything quite like what you're describing here in Chrome. Close but no cigar...

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Chrome user here... Haven't found anything quite like what you're describing here in Chrome. Close but no cigar...

Close, but no E cigar, but did you try Dark Reader (Chrome extension)? It doesn't change colors on the page, but it definitely tones down the bright white. It also has font adjustments, and nite reading mode.

Me likey!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Close, but no E cigar, but did you try Dark Reader (Chrome extension)? It doesn't change colors on the page, but it definitely tones down the bright white. It also has font adjustments, and nite reading mode.

Me likey!

Yeah, it's OK...

But I want what they are having.
winky.gif

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
me too! But actually don't want something that changes every site I go to, just this one. How's that for being picky?? lol

The FF add on changes it either for a page, for a site, or for everything. You have a check box. I changed it only for ECF. Then if I ever find another site want to change, I will be able to save a color scheme for that site only, and it will remember both sites when I visit them, and automatically remember what scheme I saved for that site.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
is there a way to clear out the alerts ?

or did I miss how to do that?
Dunno about existing ones, but I've gotten considerably less when I changed my Alert Preferences (just hover over "Alerts," link will be on the bottom right of that box). I just get them for when someone quotes me, tags me or likes me now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread