XL vs Standard tank Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Ok, since other than the obvious (length, capacity) and assuming single coil and same resistance, is there a general preference for std vs xl? I jist got my IBTanked 19mm xl in the mail and love it! Im gonna order another but cant decide between xl or std length. Ive looked around but havent seen an argument one way or the other.

Any opinions? VTF differences?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Getting a standard size tank kinda limits the choice in carto brands that you can use. Boge and Ikenvape makes both standard and XL length cartos, Smoktech only make XL length. So an XL tank allows you the option between three brands, a standard tank only allows you a choice between two.

Ikenvape carto availabiltiy is pretty hit or miss due to their high demand and inconsistant supply, so if you find you don't like Boges, you're kinda out of luck.

tank lengths.jpg

Last edited:

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the heads up... I was thinking there would be some serious performance benefits to one over the other but if it's as simple as cartomizer availability (which I tend to like Boge and thanks to Baditude have just ordered 5 Ikenvape Mega Platinum) I might just make my final decision based on capacity. I love tanks and all, but find it hard to vape 3+ml of the same liquid. Maybe that's why I should just buy 50 different tanks :).

One thing I can say is that the IBTanked blows my Smok DCT out of the water. I know "a tank is a tank is a tank" and that it's all about the cartomizer, but the IBTanked design, ease of use and... (did I say design?) makes it a winner in my book. Only OTHER thing holding me back from buying a 22mm tank is the lack of availability of a Provari pro-ring. I'm about to dust off my lathe and make my own

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude, you have helped me more than once brother. You are the master. But please forgive me, smoke tech does make standard cartons , ibtanked sells them. I agree though, buying the 19 limits your options. I have tough time buying cartos. I like the OP bought the 19 standard.
Thanks for the heads up, those are new to me. However, knowing that, nearly all of the vendor websites only sell the Smoktech's in the XL size.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I personally prefer standard length (35mm) cartos and tanks. I think shorter tanks look better, and they give a slightly shorter overall length for your setup. With standard length tanks you can also use any cartos you want, as 45mm XL cartos will fit fine in a 35mm tank, just stick out a bit. It doesn't work the other way around, as you can't use a 35mm carto in a 45mm tank without some sort of extension or adapter.

XL cartos also have a bit more length for the vapor to travel before getting to you, which could potentially cause a cooler vape but it's probably so miniscule as to be undetectable.

So it's just personal preference, there really isn't any performance difference between the different sizes. ST's super shorty cartos do have a much warmer and flavorful vape though due to how close the coil is to your mouth. I can't wait until IBTanked gets their shorty tank tubes online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread