Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
hrmm, what yall think about this on a big Chuck?

lynardskynardchuck.jpg
Very nice!!

I'd suggest seeing if Jeff will do it as a sticker cut out and placed over a black Chuck rather than doing it as a wrap. But since the background is black, doing it as a wrap is not so bad because you can just put the wrap on a black Chuck anyway, and hopefully not really notice.

What color end caps though?
:)

My Chargers Chuck is a wrap, and you can see at the bottom where the wrap ends.
My Padres Chuck is all stickers, so there is no "end of the wrap" at the top or bottom ends.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yeah, black with red caps would accent well. In hindsight I wish I'd gotten green endcaps on mine, the all black look is sleek, but it would certainly accent better with neon green caps.
If you're highly motivated to switch to green, might want to check with Jeff to see how much he would charge you if you send it back. Assuming, of course, you have a backup Chuck.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
If you're highly motivated to switch to green, might want to check with Jeff to see how much he would charge you if you send it back. Assuming, of course, you have a backup Chuck.

Nah, just a hindsight issue. Also, the only back up I have is a failing 510 setup so... just not an option. :)

Sides I'll probably get another one down the road a bit so I have the preciousses backsed up.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Hmm, maybe if not the nails thingy... thinkin bout maybe

redlx.jpg

Would have to find a better resolution version of this though since any resizing results in instant pixellation.

Or

orangelanterncorpswallp.jpg

This one is a bit more modified up but it did look interesting.

Wish I knew how to do those mockups. Then again I probably need photoshop for it anyways.
redlx.jpg

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
I like them both a lot, but the top one won't have as many "seam" issues where the wrap around meets on the other side. The second one, yeah, that would be a problem. To eliminate wrap issues, your best bet is to have both vertical edges end with the same color and no design elements at all.

Yeah, the Deviant art version was a little snazzier, wasn't super happy with the way the flames were, some look a little forced.

This is a different iteration, less of a seam issue I'd suspect.

6785294706759643226jpeg.png

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Quaker, check with Waffle (or search back through his posts.) He did a few mockups and I think he was using a free program. They weren't as perfect as the photoshop ones, but they were pretty darn good.

Will definitely have to look through his posts since he's so sporadic. Thanks for the heads-up!

my next is gonna be one with the 5150 logo or something Van Halen related. Im VH junkie, just ask my wife and daughter, they hate it, lol.....

I saw the VH red/black/white Frankenstrat on his site...is that one yours? Love some classic Eddie! I thought about doing the George Lynch skull and bones guitar on one. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread