Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You gotta love DealExtreme. Buying an e-device from them is like spending a buck for a lottery ticket. Might win! But losing won't bankrupt you.

Free shipping, too.

Can you imagine how many devices they'll sell if they ever get the product right? Personally, I'm cheering for them. Go DealExtreme. Prices have been absurd elsewhere. Bring 'em down!

vasgal

Sep 28, 2008
yeah, i figure you're spot on. same bad device with a usb and car charger included. not worth anything. but i bet they sell a lot of these to first timers.
Seems that I am the only lucky buyer of e-cigs from dx, I have the mini (the popular set of 2 cigarettes) and personaly I don't like it very much(I use bling from heaven's gift), but my wife is happy with it and one of the cigarettes is still working after 2 months smoking of a 2 carts per day (the one was with DOA atomizer) but the battery is working) ... so it is realy a lottery ...

By the way seems that I am the first user from Bulgaria here ... and very happy to find such a nice place for e-smokers. Sorry if my English is fare from perfect ...

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I'm almost embarrassed to say this but all the e-cig stuff I've bought from DX seems to have worked. A cigar and real cheap e-cig. I was expecting cheap rubbish and that's what I got, but both of them worked for about a month or so, longer than I expected. When I bought them the pound was worth about $2 rather than the 20 buttons it's worth now so they were incredibly cheap.

OK I may be lucky, my lottery ticket came up both times, but it's no huge gamble.

Anyway there other gadgets and toys are always worth a browse:)

karivar

Nov 12, 2008
My semi-auto e-cigar from DX was quite good for its price as well , but the batteries and the charger are crap. I did like the juice flavor though ... Thinking about getting some other battery with larger capacity that fits in the cigar ... The atomizer seems quite good to be just thrown away. The semi auto button is poor of course, but it seems to me there's still some life in the whole thing, and the size of their cartriges is much larger compared to a mini ...
Nice to see another person from Bulgaria here /though I'm in UK now/ :)

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
There are some on DealExtreme I haven't noticed on there before. What are the chances of any of them being half decent? They look better than the cheap Health E-boxes certainly.

DealExtreme: $31.07 Electronic 2*Cigarettes with Charger and 5-Refills Set - Black (110V~220V AC) - looks like a CTM401?
DealExtreme: $34.54 Mini Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes (6-Refills) - a DSE901?
DealExtreme: $30.90 Electronic Cigarette Gift Set with Charger - a generic pen style
DealExtreme: $32.44 Rechargeable Electronic 2*Cigarettes with Chargers and 5-Refills Set (100V~240V AC) - another CTM401?

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
There are some on DealExtreme I haven't noticed on there before. What are the chances of any of them being half decent? They look better than the cheap Health E-boxes certainly.

DealExtreme: $31.07 Electronic 2*Cigarettes with Charger and 5-Refills Set - Black (110V~220V AC) - looks like a CTM401?
DealExtreme: $34.54 Mini Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes (6-Refills) - a DSE901?
DealExtreme: $30.90 Electronic Cigarette Gift Set with Charger - a generic pen style
DealExtreme: $32.44 Rechargeable Electronic 2*Cigarettes with Chargers and 5-Refills Set (100V~240V AC) - another CTM401?

Yes they do look as the models you suggest. Who knows from DX?? Trouble is their prices are closer to UK prices so the gamble has less good odds. :):)

vafvaf

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2008
Europe

i bought this on half year ago

atomizer was dead ...no even one puff; and its not the same generic - the treads on atomizer/battery not compatible with other generic...so, whould not recomend this one

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Seems that I am the only lucky buyer of e-cigs from dx, I have the mini (the popular set of 2 cigarettes) and personaly I don't like it very much(I use bling from heaven's gift), but my wife is happy with it and one of the cigarettes is still working after 2 months smoking of a 2 carts per day (the one was with DOA atomizer) but the battery is working) ... so it is realy a lottery ...

By the way seems that I am the first user from Bulgaria here ... and very happy to find such a nice place for e-smokers. Sorry if my English is fare from perfect ...

Welcome Vasgal!

What do people think of e-cigs in Bulgaria? Are they popular there? I have only been to your country once but love it.

Do you use e-liquid with your carts or just use them without topping up?

It's always fascinating to hear how people use e-cigs in different countries - I hope that we will hear much more from you. :)

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008

Nice to see another person from Bulgaria here /though I'm in UK now/ :)

Zdrasti guys! I'm not Bulgarian (had a BG roommate once)--but I'm certain I've seen a fairly frequent poster here from Sofia. You guys should start a Bulgarian social group on the forum!

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008

As a M401 owner, I was tempted to buy these for cheap backup parts/s***s and giggles, and they do look compatible. One thing, though--My 401 charger is 4.25v, these are 4.7. I don't know much about this stuff, but I wouldn't screw around putting the batteries from one into the other.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
That's not a big deal really. I used to work with small electronics, and I don't think the .5 extra volts will kill your battery. These (e-cigs in general) seem like realitively simple gadgets as far as electricity is concerned. They charge to their capacity and the green light goes on to say "hey, I'm done!"

As a M401 owner, I was tempted to buy these for cheap backup parts/s***s and giggles, and they do look compatible. One thing, though--My 401 charger is 4.25v, these are 4.7. I don't know much about this stuff, but I wouldn't screw around putting the batteries from one into the other.

vasgal

Sep 28, 2008
Welcome Vasgal!
What do people think of e-cigs in Bulgaria? Are they popular there? I have only been to your country once but love it.
e-cigs are still not very popular here. The price of the real cigarettes is still low- 1,20-1,50 euro per package (but this will change soon and ban on smoking in public is coming next year so I supose that the e-cigs will became popular- currently we are with one of the highest % of smokers in Europe- 50% of all people so there is a big market for e-cig suppliers after the ban ...). Currently there is no regulation on e-cigs and it is possible to buy not only online but also in one of the local hypermarket chains- they sell DSE 901 and refills.
Do you use e-liquid with your carts or just use them without topping up?
It's always fascinating to hear how people use e-cigs in different countries - I hope that we will hear much more from you. :)
I use Ruyan e-cigar with original carts only- it works well for me even without topping. I also sometimes use one other generic e-cigar for dripping but only let's say after diner.
I developed an asthma like symptoms one year ago and fortunately when I started the e-smoking (and canceled completly the real thing) the asthma symptoms just dissapeared.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK

This looks like the exact one they are selling on DX - Electronic Cigarette Portal E-808 Black-Gold

Its an E808 and they say it is interchangeable with the M401. I'm not sure about the voltage. I don't have an M401 but all of my other chargers are marked 4.2v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread