• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Yet another newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raaanir

Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Singapore
Hello Sixfiend! Yeah i hope i'll be oogling at the classified section soon ^^

To be honest, i find LT (you mean Lavatubes right? I'm still quite new at this) quite thick long and bulky. For a PV. I mean PV. lol. Must be my newbie-ness. I'm sure experience vets like you guys like PVs thicker and longer right ;)

I'm deciding to go with boxmod because if i end up not liking it it wouldn't cost me much to move on to another set of equipment, but a LT would solve both problems as it is VV. Are there VV box mods?

Will remember and note what you said about the cartos and juices.

Was planning to try out with 18mg first, as it seems to be a popular choice with the people that have answered me. I guess i should try about 12 and 18mg. I little lower doesn't hurt, i could just chain vape it. I'd buy smaller bottles first.

Thanks a lot for your input sixfiend. I hope to be a real part of this community soon ^^

sixfiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Christmas Island
you see, the LT has it limitations too, thats why the lower price point (compared to provari). although being vv, as the battery charge drops, your actual output drops causing you to up the voltage higher and higher to get the same output. for the provari, what you see is what you vape, all the way till the end of the battery charge. (quote: pbusardo on youtube).

in any case a used LT goes for about 100 on the classifieds and i find that to be a better buy than a ego set brand new for at least 150. yes there are vv box mods, you may want to contact vapershub (i hope its alright to post this, its on his huge signature anyway). get some boge xxl cartomizers from the other local suppliers and some juice and you're good to go.

no prob also a newbie, so all this info is quite fresh in my mind. lol

raaanir

Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Singapore
*guys

Anyway, new question! Thanks to sixfiend, i managed to find a place selling boxmods for a reasonable price! 3.7V, 5V and VV. Pretty sweet looking too imo. (i don't know if its alright to disclose the place so i'll just keep quiet?)

Heres my question: Should i go straight to buying the VV model, or the 5V model since i'm so stubborn about trying out LR DCTs? Or would my best bet be finding a kind soul to let me try the difference then decide. I mean, with a VV, the most commonly used voltages are still 5V and 3.7V right? So buying 3.7V + 5V (eventually) is the same as VV? Or are there different "sweet spots" that can onyl be hit with a VV? DCT (or a single coil?) would be my best bet since i'm new and would like lots of vapor with warm smoke... right? thinking if i should go 70/30 for juices to get a better "Throat hit" to imitate cigs, so that i would end up not liking vaping and go back to "analogs" (since i'll be spending quite a hefty sum too).

Sorry if i have way to many questions. You guys have been incredibly kind and helpful to me as it is.

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would suggest getting the VV of course. A true VV should give you voltage selection to the point of 3.3v to 7.4v, in increment of 0.1v. Not those like 3 settings VV. The reason being: A VV can go 5v, but a 5v can nv go VV. (Hopefully not too confusing! :laugh:)

You would definitely encounter different types of cartos, atties, clearos, rebuildables and what-nots in the long run. A VV mod can help you achieve your fave wattage or "sweet spots" based on the ohms of the atties/cartos.

ismifadly

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Malaysia
Oh yes, i have another question, although i know this one is quite hard to answer as it is based largely on personal preference and habits:

What strength juice would you recommend for a red smoker than smokes half - one pack a day? I could really use a rough figure as juices from local websites i've found range from strength 0 to 36 (woah?!)mg. That's alot of trial and error! One website max-ed out at 18. So i'm guessing i should be trying the 18 - 36 range? Still i pretty big range.

12 mg should be good

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

raaanir

Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Singapore
Anyways, just to let you guys know (in case you guys are curious, which i doubt, but i'm going to tell you anyway), i just spent ~185 on vaping equipment. I'm just too excited to wait any longer. Bought a VV boxmod, several juices with varying nic content, a DCT, a boge and a few drip tips.

Wish me luck guys. Can't wait for my deliveries ^^

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
I can't help with most of that, but would try 18mg to start. My husband used to smoke malboro reds and that is what he uses. I normally use the 12mg but I am used to lights. Now, after saying that, there are some flavors that I get for myself in the 18 mg, just because they taste better to me. So, it will probably be varied somewhat. What I have heard many people say is the throat hit depends largely on the mg. Not sure if that is right, but it sounds reasonable.

hope this helps. I am kinda new too.

:)

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
I can't help with most of that, but would try 18mg to start. My husband used to smoke malboro reds and that is what he uses. I normally use the 12mg but I am used to lights. Now, after saying that, there are some flavors that I get for myself in the 18 mg, just because they taste better to me. So, it will probably be varied somewhat. What I have heard many people say is the throat hit depends largely on the mg. Not sure if that is right, but it sounds reasonable.

hope this helps. I am kinda new too.

:)

True on the part that TH depends on the nic mg..6mg/ml doesnt give a better TH than 11mg/ml but did tried 18mg/ml before, wasnt a hit but more of a fine grain sandpaper going down my throat for me.

raaanir

Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Singapore
Woah woah woah. Sounds like i need to start taking notes. Pretty valuable advice coming from experience.

But i guess it really depends on the flavor too right? I've got to start experimenting. And if i want a lower TH, i should go 70/30 and 90/10 vice versa? I ordered all mine in 80/20 because that seems to be the most popular mix around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread