Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Did anyone catch the (ABC) e-cig segment tonight? It wasn't a local segment... The story included actual footage of a mod blowing up in the vape of a young man standing in a vape shop. They also shared the story and images of the man recently burned while in bed, due to his battery exploding while on the charger.

Reactions: EBates

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
http:// abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/cigarettes-potential-explode-firecrackers-30276349

The point that most problems come from using the wrong chargers was made, also followed up by one commentator, telling people to talk to vape shop about the safety factors. Zeller has a few spots - one where he predicts the 'final rule' in 'late June' - which is close to what I predicted in jman's thread on that subject.

edit: the 'late June' was for 2015. Zeller lied again. :laugh:

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
http:// abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/cigarettes-potential-explode-firecrackers-30276349

The point that most problems come from using the wrong chargers was made, also followed up by one commentator, telling people to talk to vape shop about the safety factors. Zeller has a few spots - one where he predicts the 'final rule' in 'late June' - which is close to what I predicted in jman's thread on that subject.
I'm pretty sure this GMA piece aired last year. I saw those clips of explosions last year. The comments section has comments from last year. So, I believe that that clip of Zeller was last year, and he was predicting the end of June 2015 for the deeming.

The info was handled pretty well by GMA, in that piece.

Reactions: Kent C

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
that cant be right, kent.. this story was aired yesterday evening. there was actual footage (very dark room) of a vaper in a vape shop, and a very bright white light went off in his face. i've tried my best to find the footage they aired on the show yesterday and i havent had ANY luck, it's as-if it's lost. idk how they could air that footage on the TV and not upload it to their website. whatever... it was a very interesting segment.

in addition to the boy in the vape shop with his mod exploding in his face- they did talk about the father whom woke up to his clothes on fire after his battery vented on the charger. i know for a fact that this particular incident just recently happened. i cannot remember when the footage of the mod-face-explosion occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread