Yihi Primer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Who can explain the yihi chips to me?

It seems like there are a lot less third party people that make yihi mods.
Sxmini seems to make a flagship mod for each chipset. Which means that the T class has the newest chip. The G class has a slightly older ship and then the SL, MX, Q have the low powered chips which are sort of kind of like the 75c.

Is that right?

The Q mini seems to be the best bang for the buck. What's that missing compared to the G class?

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
The new SXmini SL class looks cool.

Powered by the YiHi SX485J processor.
. It is a single 18650/20700/21700 battery device, with a maximum output of 100 watts/joules.( Require battery current over 35A ).
. TFT color display
. Joystick control (left, right,up ,down and press down Five direction
. Size: L89 mm x W41.5 mm x H31.5 mm
. Variable Joule supports all TC wire, SS/Ti/Ni…
. Removable battery.
. New innovative technology SXi-Q control system - Customize your own taste
. Temperature control: Anti-dry burning technology.
. Output Joule: 10J-100J. 212-572°F / 100-300°C.
. Resistance: 0.05-3.0 ohms (Joule mode).
. Output Voltage: 0.7 - 9.5 Volts.
. Resistance: 0.05 ohms - 3.0 ohms (Power mode).
. Taste modes: Powerful+, Powerful, Standard, Soft, Eco & SXi-Q-S1~S5 and Novice mode.
. Buck-Boost & Boost, DC-DC Converter.
. Stainless Steel, stabilized wood or carbon fiber,etc
. Upgradable firmware. Graphic user interface.
. Reverse polarity, short protection, low resistance, low battery voltage, overheating & battery over-charge protection

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The Q is a decent device. Im still running a old M Class. It serves me well since i pretty much stay under 45watts and i got a super good deal on it.

So you got the Q Mini and not a standard Q class? IIRC the mini version did not have the auto screen flip.

Yes the mini does have a auto rotate.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
The Q is a decent device. Im still running a old M Class. It serves me well since i pretty much stay under 45watts and i got a super good deal on it.

So you got the Q Mini and not a standard Q class? IIRC the mini version did not have the auto screen flip.

yup the mini. Honestly, I still can't make heads or tails of the yihi naming structure. I assumed the mini is slightly updated chip over the q.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
yup the mini. Honestly, I still can't make heads or tails of the yihi naming structure. I assumed the mini is slightly updated chip over the q.

They removed the gyro in the Q MINI and added BlueTooth support.
450J vs 450J-BT

Q Class
SXmini Q Class

Q MINI
Q Mini

When my backup mod dies i will probably get a SL class just because i dont need Bluetooth support and the build quality looks good to me. Cant say im totally thrilled with a joy stick but i can probably live with it.

Thats the 1 thing i love about the DNA75C is the 3 button function control.

Last edited:
  • Useful

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
3AC69AD9-5FF7-4DA7-A1A1-69CA732041E1.jpeg
The SXmini Q class has it. The SXmini Qmini does not.

My mistake. I have the Q Class. Not sure why I thought it was the mini :confused:

• Winner

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Yihi chipsets are very accurate chipsets. They do not work on the same electrical method as the DNA but put out a very smooth and accurate temperature controlled vape. They are not difficult to set up although their use of Joules as a power measurement can be a bit confusing. The chipsets they provide for other manufacturers like Pioneer for you are not the same chipsets they use in their mods. Usually a little paired down per features while achieving quality vapes. Yihi, like Evolve offers a companion software but does not allow the user to get in as deep as does Evolve. Because Yihi makes both mods and chipsets, you are guaranteed a perfectly calibrated unit while some manufactures do a poor job of calibrating DNA chipsets to their mods. I have the ml, mini Q mini, and G classes. They are all very fine mods.

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
The interface is different but once learned quite easy and much the same across devices with some tweaks for the joystick and color models.

You can save a config from one model and load to another with SXi-Q on your phone (BT) or PC (USB). My entire mod collection and all my atty setups are managed on my phone across all my (handful of) mods.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
In general the Yihi chipsets are very accurate but i have seen some a little over powered. When setting up temp control use the least amount of watts/joules needed to achieve a good vape. This will virtually eliminate any "rattle snake" you might sense in temp control. I dont notice it all on my M Class when under 50 joules and 450F on a .25-.5ohm SS coil.

• Useful

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
15375308500861543048880.jpg

I find my Yihi Sx mini SL class to be a great vaping asset.

The SL class mod is slightly overpowered, but nobody would think of it as a problem, I guess.

The battery tube is bored to 21.5 mm so some 21700 batteries like the Aspire, the Basen and Vapcell 3750 doesn't fit; here too, is not really a problem, as the SL class mod works properly only with a Samsung 30T.

Temperature control works like treat, the fire button is a dream, the looks of it is a wonder, the hand feel of it - is exceptional.

The battery cap is a bit gritty tho; also, the SL class mod needs a mandatory firmware update, because the stock firmware produces the "short" message on the display (all explained on their website).

I really like the SL class mod, it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread