Yihi Primer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Yihi chipset doesn't have a defined Power / TC mode as all other mods.
If the display shows "Watts", you are in power mode. If the display shows "Farenheit" you are in TC mode. The successive step, when the display shows Joule, that is the power (in Watts) used in TC mode. Set.it to what you think appropriate, switch back to the Farenheit display, and vape in TC mode. Set the compensate (ambient temperature) in the menu at the temperature of your room.
This is the basic for TC...

Reactions: stols001

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I use the novice setting. I can see a lot of potential virtue in the ability to tailor the SL Class, and some can be done without a computer. But once I'd set the brightness down to 2 and display lit to 10 seconds I was psyched enough.

Basically I'm still trying to figure out level settings on my new microwave so the YiHi could get overwhelming real fast.

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
View attachment 768243
I find my Yihi Sx mini SL class to be a great vaping asset.

The SL class mod is slightly overpowered, but nobody would think of it as a problem, I guess.

The battery tube is bored to 21.5 mm so some 21700 batteries like the Aspire, the Basen and Vapcell 3750 doesn't fit; here too, is not really a problem, as the SL class mod works properly only with a Samsung 30T.

Temperature control works like treat, the fire button is a dream, the looks of it is a wonder, the hand feel of it - is exceptional.

The battery cap is a bit gritty tho; also, the SL class mod needs a mandatory firmware update, because the stock firmware produces the "short" message on the display (all explained on their website).

I really like the SL class mod, it makes a difference.
Hello I've really wanted to get this as my next mod, along with it I would probs be switching to 20700 batteries as well (using only 18650s right now) Can you recommend good 20700s that are easy to come by for this mod. Everyone saying certain batteries don't fit is keeping me on the fence, do all 20700s fit and it's the 21700s that struggle??

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hello I've really wanted to get this as my next mod, along with it I would probs be switching to 20700 batteries as well (using only 18650s right now) Can you recommend good 20700s that are easy to come by for this mod. Everyone saying certain batteries don't fit is keeping me on the fence, do all 20700s fit and it's the 21700s that struggle??
What wattages do you vape at? I'm usually around 30w, the Sanyo 20700B is perfect for me, it's a 15A 4200mah battery. Inexpensive and in stock. If you're not vaping too high power, then it's a GREAT battery option.

The Sanyo 20700A is what you would want for high wattage, but they are much harder to source.

The Sanyo 2070C is another high wattage option, but it hasn't been released yet, at least where we can purchase them. Looks like it may outperform the 20700A.

Yes, you won't have any issues with fitting a 20700 battery in it.

The specs are a little more varied when it comes to 21700s. I have Samsung 40T and it fits just fine.

It really is a great mod. I've got a green stabwood lost somewhere in the USPS. Should have been delivered today. Hoping they find it and get it on it's way again.

No regrets for me with this mod. Only dislike I have so far is the battery cap is a bit 'gritty' to screw on/off. Will probably get better with use.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
What wattages do you vape at? I'm usually around 30w, the Sanyo 20700B is perfect for me, it's a 15A 4200mah battery. Inexpensive and in stock. If you're not vaping too high power, then it's a GREAT battery option.

The Sanyo 20700A is what you would want for high wattage, but they are much harder to source.

The Sanyo 2070C is another high wattage option, but it hasn't been released yet, at least where we can purchase them. Looks like it may outperform the 20700A.

The specs are a little more varied when it comes to 21700s. I have Samsung 40T and it fits just fine.

It really is a great mod. I've got a green stabwood lost somewhere in the USPS. Should have been delivered today. Hoping they find it and get it on it's way again.

No regrets for me with this mod. Only dislike I have so far is the battery cap is a bit 'gritty' to screw on/off. Will probably get better with use.
I'm around .30-.40 ohms between 20-40W I would be using my bravo RTA on it which I've been using on a mech so not sure about the Wattage output for that

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The bore of the SL class is 21.4 mm.
This means that many 21700 batteries will not fit. Personally, I can confirm that Aspire, Basen, Vapcell 3750 mah do not fit at all. Avatar 21700 barely fits.
All those batteries which claim to be 21700 in size, in reality they cheat, their real size is close to 22 mm.
I tried the Samsung 30T and 40T and they fit correctly.

I am convinced that all 21700s from serious manufacturers do respect their datasheet info, i.e. the likes of Sanyo, Sony, Panasonic and Samsung; and therefore they will certainly fit the SL class mod correctly.

All the off-brand 20700 batteries I have do fit the mod. I do not suggest you to use a 20700 or 18650 in the SL class mod, unless you are exclusively a tootle puffer. The SL class is a very demanding mod toward the battery.

My suggestion, is to go for a 40T if you vape below 40 W, and go for a 30T if you vape at higher watt.

I use a Samsung 30T in my SL class mod.

Reactions: Abezii

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

The battery cap is gritty. I’m surprised and disappointed that it’s not a nice smooth threading. Expect better from Yihi but it’s a great mod nonetheless.

• Agree
Reactions: score69

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
The battery cap is gritty. I’m surprised and disappointed that it’s not a nice smooth threading. Expect better from Yihi but it’s a great mod nonetheless.
Yeah that is the one thing I dislike about the SL. I am an old tube mech user so I am quite picky about threading. The threads irritate me. Grease helped a bit.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Haven't seen you post that one in a while. Still love that one. Looks classy in that color.

Thanks I love the Q so much! It’s such a smooth vape and so comfortable to hold.

I had bought a wrap for it but didn’t like it so I took it off. The wrap was a matte finish and made the mod slightly less slippery but I don’t use it when doing errands so not a big deal.
1B0A6ED2-D9F9-4356-AB7D-D5194AEDF4C3.jpeg
5DC55EE2-57C8-42F3-A871-D61DF1B64512.jpeg

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Thanks I love the Q so much! It’s such a smooth vape and so comfortable to hold.

I had bought a wrap for it but didn’t like it so I took it off. The wrap was a matte finish and made the mod slightly less slippery but I don’t use it when doing errands so not a big deal. View attachment 770953 View attachment 770955
Looks really good with the wrap too.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Yeah that is the one thing I dislike about the SL. I am an old tube mech user so I am quite picky about threading. The threads irritate me. Grease helped a bit.

I was going try some graphite stuff they make for locks see if it smooths out. It actually “screws” :lol: better without the battery pushing up on it. Either an 18650 or 21xxxx

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I would recommend getting 21700s 30T or 40T depending on what power level you vape st. They fit perfectly.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yihi chipsets are very accurate chipsets. They do not work on the same electrical method as the DNA but put out a very smooth and accurate temperature controlled vape.
Really? Since YiHi does that pulse width thing for temperature control, how is this ever going to give you a very smooth and accurate TC? As it goes from high power to off, high power to off, etc. This method is never going to give you a smooth and accurate TC. As the temperature is jumping from high to low and back to high again.

Heck Vaping with Vic, he showed in his SL video of him vaping it dry and then he pulled the wick out and it was charred. Exactly what I would expect from PW-TC. I bet the coils also has burnt juice on them too.

The chipsets they provide for other manufacturers like Pioneer for you are not the same chipsets they use in their mods.
You mean those isn't calibrated?

Because Yihi makes both mods and chipsets, you are guaranteed a perfectly calibrated unit while some manufactures do a poor job of calibrating DNA chipsets to their mods. I have the ml, mini Q mini, and G classes. They are all very fine mods.
The same make and model of a mod doesn't share all of the exact calibrations. To do this correctly, it must be done on an individual bases. For example, Daniel of DJLsb Vapes usually gives you his calibrations for a given make and model of DNA mod. Yes it should be very close to use for your mod. But a TC aficionado will probably do this anyway regardless whether the manufacture has done it or not.

And as the mod ages, the calibration could change. With DNA you can adjust for this. For YiHi, how? Do you have to hack the firmware and place in new values? Where on Earth do they hide them at? And what good would it do anyway with that PW-TC going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread