Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yes SPV in Temp, check out my first post I have it set to 75J.

Lemwise, I've done both contact and spaced. I prefer the 24ga spaced but both worked great but I like spaced coils with Kanthal.

That is a pretty big jump considering it is just software... I am impressed and even more glad that I bought into the SXmini-M

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I'm only using spaced ti coils. Ti is very springy so talk about ugly coils, lol!

Roxy,

I am glad to hear someone mention the "Srpingy" part of Ti. The first coil I wound when I took it off the mandrel sprung out to about 1/3 again bigger than I wanted and I won't even get into how I fixed the spacing - well ok if you insist - I torched it. It was either that or replace one of the springs in my bed. :eek:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
George, Rio Grande has 24ga that is nice to work with and six wraps gives me between .17 - .24 ohms (depending on the topper) consistently. The coil fits nicely on damn near everything I own.

These are two of my main setups
Titanium G1 2.5mm Single 24ga 6 wraps 0.17Ω 16.5J 320°
Titanium G1 3mm Single 24ga 6 wraps 0.21Ω 24.5J 350°

Titanium Round Wire, 50-ft. Coil, 24-Ga., Soft

Today I used it on the Taifun GTII and again it performed nicely. I used the 2.5mm coil. The TL kicked in a little quickly because the air flow isn't as good as some of the other tanks. I bought the joules down to 13.5 and I was back to having a good vape.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
George, Rio Grande has 24ga that is nice to work with and six wraps gives me between .17 - .24 ohms (depending on the topper) consistently. The coil fits nicely on damn near everything I own.

These are two of my main setups
Titanium G1 2.5mm Single 24ga 6 wraps 0.17Ω 16.5J 320°
Titanium G1 3mm Single 24ga 6 wraps 0.21Ω 24.5J 350°

Titanium Round Wire, 50-ft. Coil, 24-Ga., Soft

Today I used it on the Taifun GTII and again it performed nicely. I used the 2.5mm coil. The TL kicked in a little quickly because the air flow isn't as good as some of the other tanks. I bought the joules down to 13.5 and I was back to having a good vape.

Thanks Marc,

I will order some of that tonight. Oh one quick question I looked but didn't see if it said Grade 1?

Oops never mind I found the Grade 1. Thanks again.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Just an update.

While the Taifun GTII was a decent vape the air flow was lacking for me and the TL kicked in two frequently. I adjusted both the joules and the temp to minimize the TL but the vapor production never really ended up where I wanted it, I just wasn't getting the dense vapor I enjoy.

I went back to the Kanger subtank with the RBA deck and built a .17 coil out of 24ga Ti. I ended up vaping this build at 375° at 31 joules. I get a thick flavorful vape and the TL does not kick in and the flavor is amazing. On this build I pushed the joules to 50 just to see how the chip reacted and the TL handled the additional power appropriately. I never got a dry hit or a burnt taste.

The mode got knocked around a little in an attempt to get some of the glitches that others our reporting on V2.2 and so far I've had no issues. Changing the memory settings always brought me to the correct setting. Going in and out of the menu settings did not effect the memory setting, I always return to my last setting.

I went back to the Subtank because of all the moving parts in the RDA section to if a "lower end" tank performed well. So far this tank has performed much better then expected.

Once I vape this tank dry I'm going to grab the Aqua 2 and take a run at dual coils.

gilegue

May 2, 2015
So... The most important question... Has Yihi done a beta before and how long did it last before it got released?
They did and if I remember it correctly, it will take about 2 weeks or so to be publicly available. Of course we should consider those time will be the same for this beta IF there are no show stopper or it will mean they have to fix the error first

Reactions: footbag

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
They did and if I remember it correctly, it will take about 2 weeks or so to be publicly available. Of course we should consider those time will be the same for this beta IF there are no show stopper or it will mean they have to fix the error first

Thanks. I can do 2 weeks.

Here's hoping no major flaws are discovered.

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015
Just an update.

While the Taifun GTII was a decent vape the air flow was lacking for me and the TL kicked in two frequently. I adjusted both the joules and the temp to minimize the TL but the vapor production never really ended up where I wanted it, I just wasn't getting the dense vapor I enjoy.

I went back to the Kanger subtank with the RBA deck and built a .17 coil out of 24ga Ti. I ended up vaping this build at 375° at 31 joules. I get a thick flavorful vape and the TL does not kick in and the flavor is amazing. On this build I pushed the joules to 50 just to see how the chip reacted and the TL handled the additional power appropriately. I never got a dry hit or a burnt taste.

The mode got knocked around a little in an attempt to get some of the glitches that others our reporting on V2.2 and so far I've had no issues. Changing the memory settings always brought me to the correct setting. Going in and out of the menu settings did not effect the memory setting, I always return to my last setting.

I went back to the Subtank because of all the moving parts in the RDA section to if a "lower end" tank performed well. So far this tank has performed much better then expected.

Once I vape this tank dry I'm going to grab the Aqua 2 and take a run at dual coils.

So did the modes change back to how they performed in v1.4? When I updated to v2.2 they all seemed to perform the same, I can't tell a difference between soft, standard or the 2 powerfuls.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
So did the modes change back to how they performed in v1.4? When I updated to v2.2 they all seemed to perform the same, I can't tell a difference between soft, standard or the 2 powerfuls.

Perhaps you became used to ver 1.4 as the presets didn't work correctly in temp mode (was a known bug). The outputs were all below Standard mode in 1.4 where in ver 2.2 there is an appropriate decrease / increase in power for the first two seconds depending on the selected preset mode.

Last edited:

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015
Perhaps you became used to ver 1.4 as the presets didn't work correctly in temp mode (was a known bug). The outputs were all below Standard mode in 1.4 where in ver 2.2 there is an appropriate decrease / increase in power for the first two seconds depending on the selected preset mode.

This is the opposite on my device at least. I feel no difference between the modes in v2.2

I did in v1.4

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Thanks. I found it on the main Yihi page. Just had to put my glasses on...

I connected and checked my M class, it says V2.3. Thought that was kind of strange, since I don't see a V2.3 in the downloads section, and mine is still at 60w max.

If you are reading that in the software update program that is the version of the program not your SX.

Reactions: FreeJersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread