Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
That would explain it. How do I check my current version?

Un-screw that battery then hold the fire button while screwing that battery back in and it will display the Version number as long as you continue to hold the fire button. Yes, yes, I know dumb but that is how it works.

Reactions: FreeJersey

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
This is the opposite on my device at least. I feel no difference between the modes in v2.2

I did in v1.4
Unless you received a custom version of 1.4 that's really not possible, it was a known bug with 1.4 showed on the oscope several times the presets were all lower than Standard mode. Take a look at pbusardo's reviews and look at the scope readings as well as his comments when he talks about the presets while in temp mode.

To be clear the preset only affects the first two seconds after fire button is pressed then reverts to the joule setting selected by the user.

Edit: Found the video for you of what I was referencing. He is reviewing ver 1.4 here. At about 3:05 he shows the different presets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc411

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015
Yes I know that the presets only affects the first two seconds and I've seen busardos videos and scope grabs. What I'm saying is those 2 sec events don't happen on v2.2 or they are so subtle that I can't tell the difference ;)
I wish busardo would do another review with v2.2 or 2.3 but I'm afraid the SXM is old news now the way the industry moves!

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Yes I know that the presets only affects the first two seconds and I've seen busardos videos and scope grabs. What I'm saying is those 2 sec events don't happen on v2.2 or they are so subtle that I can't tell the difference ;)
I wish busardo would do another review with v2.2 or 2.3 but I'm afraid the SXM is old news now the way the industry moves!

Yea I wish he would retest 2.2 & the future firmware updates on the scope as well. I've scoped mine with both 1.4 and 2.2 and there is an obvious difference. They did fix the presets in 2.2 not subtle at all it's such an obvious difference that doesn't even need to be measured to tell the difference. You may want to try to update again or talk to your vendor.

This is the power output percentages I measured on ver. 2.2 for the initial 2 sec output. Quick test on cheap equipment so there's a margin of error with this. On ver 1.4 all presets were under 100% other than Standard mode same as pbusardo's.
10j Soft 66.49%
10j Standard 100.00%
10j Powerful 111.92%
10j Powerful+ 120.31%
10j Eco 100.00%

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I built the Aqua today with dual 2.5mm with 6 wraps, the build came in a .09 ohms.

I spaced coiled fit nicely on the deck just over the air holes and about 2mm off the deck. I don't normally vape at lower ohms and this build kicked my ....! The vapor production at 24.4 joules and 375° incredibly dense. I'm vaping a 50/50 strawberry starburst DIY and it's probably the best flavor I've gotten out of this liquid. The mod has preformed flawlessly and the settings keep it just out of TL. A little warmer vape than I used to but a damn fine flavor.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
It's what all the yihi chips do when the coil gets close to dry. I've read that some don't notice it but I did. My m class lasted a day before I sold it. Like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Could have sworn you said somewhere else that the only downside to the DNA200 is it doesnt use PWM...

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Roxy,

I am glad to hear someone mention the "Srpingy" part of Ti. The first coil I wound when I took it off the mandrel sprung out to about 1/3 again bigger than I wanted and I won't even get into how I fixed the spacing - well ok if you insist - I torched it. It was either that or replace one of the springs in my bed. :eek:
Ouch...torching bad.... Reason you have to use spaced coils for Ni200 or Ti is that it doesn't build up the relatively safe oxidation like Kanthal. Titanium and nickel when you torch it to get it to oxidize, you now are releasing the bad things into the vape.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Ouch...torching bad.... Reason you have to use spaced coils for Ni200 or Ti is that it doesn't build up the relatively safe oxidation like Kanthal. Titanium and nickel when you torch it to get it to oxidize, you now are releasing the bad things into the vape.

Yeah Rebel I know about the oxides and I have some soft Ti coming that won't need to be torched. But frustration will make a person do a lot of things they know they shouldn't.

If it is any consolation I was as careful to use as little heat as possible and never got any gray oxide it just went from gold to blue and I have heard that is not all that bad. Also I used an abrasive cleaning pad on the wire after I torched it and then washed with soap and water. (fingers crossed). :rolleyes:

Reactions: Quantum Mech

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Yeah Rebel I know about the oxides and I have some soft Ti coming that won't need to be torched. But frustration will make a person do a lot of things they know they shouldn't.

If it is any consolation I was as careful to use as little heat as possible and never got any gray oxide it just went from gold to blue and I have heard that is not all that bad. Also I used an abrasive cleaning pad on the wire after I torched it and then washed with soap and water. (fingers crossed). :rolleyes:
You've got no problems with oxides George. Blue is fine. The oxides are still nanometesr in thickness and adherent as all hell at that color. No worries at all. Did it soften the wire decently for you?

Duane

Reactions: Quantum Mech

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
You've got no problems with oxides George. Blue is fine. The oxides are still nanometesr in thickness and adherent as all hell at that color. No worries at all. Did it soften the wire decently for you?

Duane

Yeah - it took all the spring out of the wire so when I wrapped it, it stayed put. Thanks for the color check. Now I can really go to bed and sleep without having oxide nightmares. ;)

Talk at ya tomorrow Duane. Have a good night.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Hmm, I didn't realize it was limited to 50J for ni200 since I'm only running ti.

Roxy,

That's OK I am still trying to figure out what to do with 75J in TI mode. I mean 30J with NI or Ti is just about more than I can handle. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread