YiHi SXmini M - Temperature Limiting and now a Ti mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
Not to be redundant with a thread I just posted in the beginner's forum, but can you run nickel in titanium mode? I've read that you can use titanium in what was previously just joules mode, so I was wondering if the reverse was true. Probably not a good question considering it's probably called titanium mode for a reason, but still.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Not to be redundant with a thread I just posted in the beginner's forum, but can you run nickel in titanium mode? I've read that you can use titanium in what was previously just joules mode, so I was wondering if the reverse was true. Probably not a good question considering it's probably called titanium mode for a reason, but still.
You could but why? It would be inaccurate.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
The 2 wires have very different resistance curves in respect to their heating so you would want to use the mode on your TC device that is coded to work within their physical nature. If your device only has NI200 you could still use Ti but your results will not be accurate and you may burn your wick. When using Ti on a Ni mod means your temperature setting will be considerably less and you will need to find that spot that works for you. It is guesswork but it will mostly work if you get it right.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I rarely go above 22J myself so having 75J is such an overkill for me and a battery killer too. :evil:

Well truth be known I did try the 75J just to see what kind of explosion I might get "it is the 4th". :lol:

But the first thing I noticed was the battery bar starting acting more like the second hand on a clock. If I did that with my Dripper I would have to replace the battery every time I added more juice. :facepalm:

TomHell

Jun 15, 2015
Portage, WI
Well truth be known I did try the 75J just to see what kind of explosion I might get "it is the 4th". :lol:

But the first thing I noticed was the battery bar starting acting more like the second hand on a clock. If I did that with my Dripper I would have to replace the battery every time I added more juice. :facepalm:
Yea, 50 joules is hard enough on the battery, and if I could use 75 joules I would probably do it just to try it and then go back down to 50ish because that's a good vape for me. I would just like to have the option to turn it up more if I choose to...

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I just did the upgrade. checked the rev and it's 2.23. Now I cant run temp mode. I get "Dry Coil" error. If I switch to power I do not get the error. If I switch between two kanger subs I get the same error. If I use a different tl mod they work fine. What the heck did I do wrong. All the changes are there in the menu.

Did you re-sync the resistance?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
http://www.yihisxmini.com/download/Q-and-A-of-upgrade-for-YiHi SXmini-M-Class.pdf
News - Upgrade Valuable Book
Q: After upgrading my M Class, I got "dry coil no liquid" ?
A: Please Set Resistance, press the up and down buttons at the same time until the display read the resistance of your coil.

After updating you need to reset the device, select the type of wire your using (Ni200 or Ti01) and sync the atty. If these things don't resolve you problem you could try updating again. If that does't resolve it I would contact my vendor. Assuming your Ni200 or Ti built atty is not causing you a problem but you should certainly verify that's not the cause.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://www.yihisxmini.com/download/Q-and-A-of-upgrade-for-YiHi SXmini-M-Class.pdf
A: Please Set Resistance, press the up and down buttons at the same time until the display read the resistance of your coil.

After updating you need to reset the device, select the type of wire your using (Ni200 or Ti01) and sync the atty. If these things don't resolve you problem you could try updating again. If that does't resolve it I would contact my vendor. Assuming your Ni200 or Ti built atty is not causing you a problem but you should certainly verify that's not the cause.
I think reset device means remove battery and reinstall for a hard boot...I've seen that to be necessary in the past.

Duane

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa

Ding Ding Ding,,,,, we have a winner. Thanks I had tried everything I think made sense, battery reset, switching tanks, uninstalling/reinstalling ect ect ect. Getting pretty frustrated. Setting the resistance with the two buttons did the trick. Go thing it was fixin to go swimmin with da fishes.

Reactions: footbag

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Ding Ding Ding,,,,, we have a winner. Thanks I had tried everything I think made sense, battery reset, switching tanks, uninstalling/reinstalling ect ect ect. Getting pretty frustrated. Setting the resistance with the two buttons did the trick. Go thing it was fixin to go swimmin with da fishes.

Credit where credit is due, @HolmanGT actually answered your problem first. :) This was / is pretty common mistake to those new to the SXmini M class. Glad your up and working again. But remember you need to sync the resistance of the atty anytime you change coils or atty's or your device will not work accurately.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Credit where credit is due, @HolmanGT actually answered your problem first. :) This was / is pretty common mistake to those new to the SXmini M class. Glad your up and working again. But remember you need to sync the resistance of the atty anytime you change coils or atty's or your device will not work accurately.

Thanks for the flowers Vlad but guess how I learned it. :-x I had memorized it from the manual and promised myself I wouldn't forget... ah the best laid plans of mice and men.

@bssage glad you got it working. Nothing better than when a plan FINALLY comes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread