Yikes - OUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanna

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
I had taken a couple of puffs on my 901, put it down, then went to pick it up again about 15 minutes later and I had to DROP it because it was so HOT. I unscrewed it from the battery and vapor came out, but that is the only difference I saw, but it was stil so hot I couldn't touch the atom end above the cartridge, so I dunked it in water. What is with this?

Hanna

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Several possibilities come to mind. First, if this is an automatic battery, the switch inside got stuck and supplied constant power to the atomizer. Could have been the automatic cleaning cycle of the device. Lastly, some new batteries with the 'microphonic-type switch' can fire off in noisy environments.

So is there a way to unstick it??

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
A friend of mine set his USB passthrough down next to the exhaust fan on the laptop that it was plugged into. The fan triggered it, which sucked power, so the fan ran more, which made it suck more power.....and on and on. 20 minutes later he burned his fingers trying to pick it up. Melted the cartridge but the atomizer was fine. New cart and fresh liquid and he was going again. I think it was a Bestecig model.

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
Take the battery apart and remove the black felt covering on the microphone, which is soggy with liquid. Then use a soldering iron to heat the microphone, resting the tip on the element inside the small hole of the microphone. Let it cool and reassemble. I have fixed numerous auto batteries this way. Heating the microphone with the soldering iron vaporizes the liquid, so the microphone can again operate. Enjoy!

Hanna

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
But no liquid got into the battery. No way it could. When i put my e-cig down I set it down in a pen holder, mouth piece down, or i put it in my pocket, mouth piece down.

The battery isn't staying hot now. It cools off, but when I puff on it a couple times it gets really hot all over again. Well it did for a while, now it is not working at all. I don't know yet if it will recharge or not. Should I return this battery?

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
PLEASE DO NOT RECHARGE THE BATTERY HANNA!!!!!

It will probably explode and set fire to your house!

I cant believe nobody said this before me (I just got home from work)

The battery is obviously over-discharged and damaged.

You cannot play with malfunctioning lithium batteries of any kind.

Throw it away immediately.

You could send it back, but that is risky too.

Just don't try to recharge it...

Enough said. :)

Hanna

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
PLEASE DO NOT RECHARGE THE BATTERY HANNA!!!!!

It will probably explode and set fire to your house!

I cant believe nobody said this before me (I just got home from work)

The battery is obviously over-discharged and damaged.

You cannot play with malfunctioning lithium batteries of any kind.

Throw it away immediately.

You could send it back, but that is risky too.

Just don't try to recharge it...

Enough said. :)

You won't believe this. I went and screwed that goofy battery into the charger, came in here, sat down, checked to see if anyone had said anything and there you were warning me not to charge the battery. I jumped up, RAN to the charger and unplugged it. God must have been talkin in your ear. THANK YOU. I had no idea these things were that dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread