you got an aerotank mega? read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick417

Nov 4, 2014
ok so recently i have had problems getting my aero tank apart. i finally got it. i will explain how to get it apart if your gets stuck. and how to fix it and keep it fixed.

ok so my aerotank bottom where the coil and the airflow comes apart just seemed stuck. i couldn't get it apart for anything.
heres what i did
  • get some electrical tape and cotton swabs (Qtips)
  • make sure your tank is disconnected from battery
  • put piece of electrical tape on bot the bottom and the adjustable airflow making sure the air flow will no longer pivot
  • the electrical tape will add some grip, a wider area of grabbing and at this point just as easy as 1,2,3 twist off
ok so now go clean everything with warm water. Take the q tips and clean all the threads and put it back together. now when filling try to stick your needle head of your juice in one of the 4 holes and be carful when filling. i noticed if you over fill or even just get a drop of juice on the threads that it will cause them to hydrolock making it very difficult to remove.

alright guys i hope this does it for you i spent days getting it apart looking online and trying various ways. no a quarter or a rubber band didn't work for me and i didn't want to scratch this beautiful tank with a quarter. this was my fix and best fix. Thanks guys i hope this help :thumbs:

Nick417

Nov 4, 2014
ok so recently i have had problems getting my aero tank apart. i finally got it. i will explain how to get it apart if your gets stuck. and how to fix it and keep it fixed.

ok so my aerotank bottom where the coil and the airflow comes apart just seemed stuck. i couldn't get it apart for anything.
heres what i did

• get some electrical tape and cotton swabs (Qtips)
  • make sure your tank is disconnected from battery
  • put piece of electrical tape on bot the bottom and the adjustable airflow making sure the air flow will no longer pivot
  • the electrical tape will add some grip, a wider area of grabbing and at this point just as easy as 1,2,3 twist off

ok so now go clean everything with warm water. Take the q tips and clean all the threads and put it back together. now when filling try to stick your needle head of your juice in one of the 4 holes and be carful when filling. i noticed if you over fill or even just get a drop of juice on the threads that it will cause them to hydrolock making it very difficult to remove.

alright guys i hope this does it for you i spent days getting it apart looking online and trying various ways. no a quarter or a rubber band didn't work for me and i didn't want to scratch this beautiful tank with a quarter. this was my fix and best fix. Thanks guys i hope this help :thumbs:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Stainless steel is notorious for seizing and galling when the threads are new. I had the same problem early on with my brand new EHPro Kayfun. Duct tape (don't laugh) cut into narrow strips and wrapped around the two parts made it easy to break the threads and unscrew them. Working the parts in and out smoothed the threads and made them break apart easily from then on.

Having a remedy for that problem is a good thing. Glad you posted this. It will save some from the frustration of having a brand new tank and no way to fill it. Some swear by those little rubber sheets that are sold for jar openers.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've had my Nautilus for several months now. It was hard to get apart when new and it smoothed out after I worked the threads in and out for a while. I learned early on to only tighten it until it stopped, with no force applied. You can do that with the Nautilus because the center pin tightens it all up after you close the threads until they just stop turning.

Nick417

Nov 4, 2014
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: no need for bumping threads in here

Nick417

Nov 4, 2014
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: no need for bumping threads in here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread