You have a new customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

achangeinhabit

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
WI
www.bonanza.com
I was on vacation last week to see my family and got my sister to quit smoking and use the volt! She used other "e cigs" before but didn't like them. So I explained everything to her. I had 4 batteries and gave her 2 autos (I kept the manuals). I also gave her my mega pcc. I still have the usb charger for mine. She only smokes at work because her husband doesn't know she smokes. I'm not sure how a non smoker can't smell it but ahh well lol. Anyway, I'm hooked on the x2 and clearos. That x2 got me through 1100 miles in the car!!! I ordered another one tehehe. I just wanted to share the good news. She hasn't had a cigarette since Saturday. She texted me that she took a drag off a cig and couldn't stand it. Which is great to hear! I LOVE you Volt!!!!!! :)

achangeinhabit

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
WI
www.bonanza.com
Now you just need to make sure she's got juice so she doesn't run out

I gave her 3 full carts...I didn't have many because I'm using the clearo's. I just ordered her some juice and more carts! She had some left over juice that someone gave her so she's using that when she runs out and until she gets her order. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What gets me are the people who say the start up costs of vaping is too expensive. Sure, the initial outlay of equipment and juices, or starter kit, is expensive. But why not put the money you were going to spend on a few cartons of cigarettes into your vaping fund instead?

Once you have your batteries, charger, juice, and whatever method of atomizer you choose, all the preceeding costs will only be for restocking your juice and atty's.

In theory, anyway....:unsure:

For me, it's become a hobby, too. One day I'll actually save money from quitting cigarettes. Then again, you can't put a price on your health...:thumbs:

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
What gets me are the people who say the start up costs of vaping is too expensive. Sure, the initial outlay of equipment and juices, or starter kit, is expensive. But why not put the money you were going to spend on a few cartons of cigarettes into your vaping fund instead?

It comes down to one thing. Fear. It's a lot to ask a smoker to part with a week's worth (or more depending on cost of smokes in your area) or more of their smoking budget for something that may or may not work. Then you have to take into account people that have come into contact with the rip-offs in the market or know someone who ordered one of those kits and paid $24.95 for 5 cartos that are supposed to last a carton each and only made it through a day on one because they had to charge it every 1/2 hour.

Very few smokers are unaware of e-cigs anymore. I knew they existed for at least 3 years before I tried one, and the only reason I tried one was because my BIL got one from his friend that worked at a smoke shop. I tried it, and it wasn't bad. I bought one..... then realized the carts were a complete PITA and going to cost me more than smoking. I got online and found the forum. Some people won't do that. They have a bad experience and won't try again.

I have 8 78mm batteries and 4 X2 batteries for a reason. If someone I know is interested, they can try it. I give someone 2 78mm batteries with cartos, a charger, a bottle of juice, and send them home for a day. When they bring it back, I give them 2 650mah X2s with clearos, juice, and a charging cord. All of the ones I have personally started this way have "made it", because they believed from day one that it was going to work. The ones that haven't taken me up on a trial still think it's hocus pocus and a lot of money to get started.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I am so happy to hear of your story of turning a smoker around. Wonderful.

Yes, JenrationX, fear is a part of the problem. After all, I know I have failed at quitting using patches and gum and tapering off and cold turkey. It can be hard to put out the money since most of us try to live on a budget.

Some of us are baffled by all this technical talk. I went with the Volt since it was straight forward, I could try it with a kit and the price wasn't too bad. I also liked that I could get bigger batteries and the clearo thingeys later and the cartos, clearos and batteries would all work together. And, yes, I wanted it to look like a real cigarette. Sometimes, I still do. I also wanted it to fit in my purse or pocket and be easy to use like a ciggie.

As far as saving money. I will save money down the road but my health and mental well being are important. The upfront costs have been well worth it and I look forward to quitting smoking completely when I have the right set up. I smoked under a pack of cigs yesterday. That is less than half what I used to smoke and I didn't feel the pain of quitting at all:) I feel better already and have more lung capacity and more energy.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Some of us are baffled by all this technical talk. I went with the Volt since it was straight forward, I could try it with a kit and the price wasn't too bad. I also liked that I could get bigger batteries and the clearo thingeys later and the cartos, clearos and batteries would all work together. And, yes, I wanted it to look like a real cigarette. Sometimes, I still do. I also wanted it to fit in my purse or pocket and be easy to use like a ciggie.

A LOT of us are baffled by it. A newbie comes in and gets "you want a Lavatube vv version 3 with a LR dual coil 2.8 ohm carto" then another person comes in and argues with the first recommendation. By the end of the thread, we're all confused.

I had a coworker get a starter kit while I was on hiatus. He wanted to try other juice but was confused about whether or not the cartos were refillable etc. I showed him the X2, the clearos, how to use each, when to use each, and he happily ordered a bunch of juice and was successful. He never would have thought to come on a forum and ask a "stupid question" though.

We all start somewhere. I started with the 78mms because, just like you.... I wanted it to replace my cigs. It took about 4-6 weeks to get to complete replacement. I went through a lot of juice testing, learning what to do when my taste buds went off.... learning to plan ahead for battery charging etc. I think the ease into vaping is a good place to start. If you're already down to 1/2 of your normal smoke.... you're doing great. Start asking if you need to smoke, or will vaping work. Eventually I learned to trust vaping to deliver the nicotine. It does take about 15 minutes of vaping to get the effect of that 6 minute cigarette. (Smoke is absorbed much faster) Once you and your body learns to trust the vape, your smoking days are over. Give it time, you'll get there.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Thanks JenerationX. I really do think I can replace smoking with vaping. I have had to learn what will work best for me. I have some of the cleros comiong in the mail since, although I love the cartridges they don't seem to last me long enough, I have been a heavy smoker and now I know I will be a heavy vaper. Who knows until you try?

I go t the clearos because I didn't see the CE3s coming in for awhile. The CE3s are in so a bought a couple of packs of those and now they are on their way. Can't wait to try my new set ups.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
You're doing great, and you will make it. Your next assignment is to venture out and find 4-5 juices you love so you can rotate when the taste starts to go dead. That's a hurdle you'll hit sooner or later. It's extremely frustrating, and the only answer I've found is to alternate contrasting flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread