Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
With all the anecdotal evidence on the forum, I though it might be interesting to have a poll as to your original intentions when you stated vaping and where you are NOW with it.

The poll is an open one, so everyone can see who voted for what.

So, come on, have you given up completely? Did you intend to? Let everyone know!

Windoze321

Apr 8, 2009
Florida, USA
A lighter thread :)

I first got the idea when I saw a banner headline on CNN. I had never heard of it. I did some research and thought it'd be a great way to quit smoking and save some cash. Right now I'm in the hole about $240 and have not vaped my 1st cart yet. (Today, maybe?!?!?!) I'll let you know how it goes. I have 1 1/2 pack of smokes left and I'm hoping to never buy another!

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
As usual, I don't fit (not really your fault, Angela!)

I starting vaping without a lot of expectation. I thought maybe it would allow me to "smoke" without the smell, as possibly provide some health benefit. I'm also very techie, and it appealed to my geek-dom.

To date, I smoke an analog very occasionally (5-10 a month?) and also use NRT gum, lozenges, snus, and nasal snuff (tho not all at once!) to supplement my e-cig habit.

I find if I mix it up, I don't have as much of the "habit" hanging over my head, and it's easier to get through the day without major cravings.

jac1599

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Oklahoma
I was never a heavy smoker, but did not enjoy waking up in the morning with my mouth tasting like old cigs.

One day I saw a Smoking Everywhere kiosk and thought it was a joke. I decided to research...found this website and vapeatron. Decided to get into it, seeing as I hated smoking analogs. I ordered a DSE-084 and a M402. Got them in the mail and have probably only smoked about 5 analogs over the last month.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I started vaping to give up cigs. I just told myself that vaping was my only option and it was that or nothing. It worked better than I ever thought it would!:)

Agreed, after patches, gum, & Chantix...........this has worked like a charm and has been 10 times easier (and 10 x's more expensive) than I ever imagined.............

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I smoked 1/2 ounce of rolling tobacco per day . That was until August last year. Since I've been using e-cigs I have probably smoked around 2 1/2 - 3 ounces of baccy in total.

I still have the odd one now and then , just because my job means I havent always got access to my e-cigs.

So on average I probably smoke 2 -3 ciggies a day , some days none. Certainly alot better than 20-a-day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread