Is vaping all you need?

Vaping only, or do you still need/crave tobacco?

• I have stopped using any tobacco products and I don't even think about them

• I have stopped using any tobacco products, but I find myself craving them occasionally

• I have stopped using any tobacco products, but I find myself craving them often

• I had stopped using any tobacco products, but started using my old one again often

• I had stopped using any tobacco products, but started using my old one again occasionally

• I had stopped using any tobacco products, but started using another one/others often

• I had stopped using any tobacco products, but started using another one/others occasionally

• I have never managed to entirely quit tobacco products, and I still use quite a lot of my old one

• I have never managed to entirely quit tobacco products, and I still use rather little of my old one

• I have never managed to entirely quit tobacco, and I still use quite a lot of another/other ones

• I have never managed to entirely quit tobacco, and I still use rather little of another/other ones

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Recently, I hit a wall with vaping. I have cut down analogs to zero, and I intend to keep it that way, but there was something missing. Check my recent posts, but long story short: I now use (a little) snus with my vapes, and that did do the trick. I also noticed that I am not alone in having a problem with vaping alone. And then there are all those people who do not manange to give up analogs completely. It seems reasonable to assume that this has very often the very same reason: Something else in tobacco is needed.
Being the thorough little guy that I am, a poll. A new one, since what I found so far only asks about cigarettes, not all tobacco products; also, I did not find one that asked about re-starters. (I may, of course, have overlooked them.)

This poll is for everybody who has at least vaped for a month, to exclude those fairly inevitable bumps at the beginning. "Tobacco products" includes everything that contains tobacco proper, including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snus, snuff, chewing tobacco. It does not include any nicotin-only products!

I hope that it's OK that I did sneak a 2nd question into that poll, but I do need to control my poll-mania :rolleyes: If you can't decide between "my old one" and "another/others" just vote for what you use most.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Will never fancy a cigarette again. Fact. Gave those up accidentally the day I received my PV.
After a while went zero nic for 3 months. Something very easy to do, and had no cravings, just felt increasingly unwell but in the end found that I need to vape some nic and have a snus every few days in order to feel happy and satisfied.

C.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
It's been almost a year, and vaping satisfies me 99.99% of the time. Very occasionally, like maybe a couple of times a month, I *think* about a cigarette. The craving isn't particularly strong and it's easy to more or less ignore . . . just throw some very high nic into my PV or perhaps pick up my Iolite.

In the spirit of complete honesty, I selected the 2nd option . . . but to say that I "occasionally" think about tobacco seems perhaps a bit strong . . . I would have preferred a "very rarely" category. ;)

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Unfortunately (although probably for a reason ;)) the number of possible answers is limited to 15. And I doubt anybody will use those forum polls as a basis for scientific papers.
They may help to ask interesting questions, though, if one ever wishes to write something substantial.

As for my own snus: So far I have gotten by with one snus per day, only on one day I tried two. At that rate, I'll even treat myself to portion snus, even though it is more expensive 8-o

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Excellent poll Alex! Thank you for putting it together.

I have had the same type of poll in mind for a month or so, made a couple of false starts. I just couldn't formulate responses that made sense.

I kept trying to pose responses that reflected actual product combination's i.e. "Vape Only" followed by, "Vape and Snus" etc. It always ended up, not right...

Not scientific perhaps but when these polls get enough responders they are telling all the same.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
My response

I have never managed to entirely quit tobacco, and I still use quite a lot of another/other ones

Vaped since Feb 09, always 1 or 2 smokes a week.
Started using snus in early October 09, not a single smoke since then.
I also use snuff as another alternative, more for fun really as the snus is what is keeping the smoke devils away!

Upwards of 4ml of liquid vaped each day prior to using snus.
I now use 4 to 6 portions of mainly 8mg/portion snus each day.
I now vape around 0.5ml a day

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Was true for me as well - for about 5 weeks. Then again, as long as its just snus, what the heck.

@Oldhanddirt, I guess one that tries to find out what people use to supplement would be next, if this one gets enough responses. So far "I have never managed to entirely quit tobacco products, and I still use rather little of my old one" has only one vote, and that is what I suspect many of the people who did not manage to quite analogs entirely would vote for.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
@Oldhanddirt, I guess one that tries to find out what people use to supplement would be next, if this one gets enough responses....

I'll go ahead and continue thinking on how to come up with reasonably comprehensive responses that will fit within the 15 response limit.

Vape & snus, vape & snuff, vape & snus & snuff, snus only, snuff only...
Then of course there are the herbal supplements and and and... :)

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Still no category for me, as in " Never able to entirely quit tobacco products and use another/other one exclusively". The second to last is the closest, and the one I chose. I think it should be pointed out for those that haven't expanded there horizons, or done any research beyond e-cigs, that using another/other tobacco products is not a negative in any way. The more reduced harm options you give yourself the better chance you have of staying off cigarettes.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
It hard for me to believe so many people gave up cigarettes and never even think about them again. I smoked for 40 years and have been vaping for 9 months. I never smoke anymore but I occasionally think about cigarettes no necessarily craving one but think about them and how it would be to smoke one. Maybe the longer you smoked the longer you will think about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread