Your 14500/14650 NoEgo and the 18650 NoEgo

Status
Not open for further replies.

romaniac

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Las Vegas, USA
www.jazzcartopipe.com
I don't want Black, nor polished aluminum. Anybody seen the ePower 18650 in a brushed aluminum or Platinum? JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

The 18650 is chrome finish not polished aluminium. The 14650 looks like brushed aluminium but has a very stromg clearcoat finish on the surface.

Romaniac

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Received today my 18650 NoEgo. The chrome finish is very beautifull, and feels like if it would be of good quality. Also the new tube is heavier, feels stronger.
I have tried it by itself, and with an EGo booster. I find the 1.6 Ohms dual coils at 3.7 V to weak, with the Ego booster at slightly over 4.0 volts they are fine.
Thats why I bought the noego together with the Ego booster. When there will be a VV switch available, I keep the Ego booster for the regular Ego bats.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I dont see why not. Other then the size they have the same switch. It works perfectly with the 18650. Also I am using it now on 900 mAh Ego batteries, and it works fine.
Right now I have some high drain bats in the NoEgo, but I have some trustfire flames 2400 mAh bats on their way to me. Should also work fine, and give a far more capicity.

dfc

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2011
Atlanta
I'm enjoying my new NoEgo 18650 very much. I also got the polished chrome version. I like the look of it, the heft of it, and with the Trustfire Flame 2400's it is performing like a champ. I am more than satisfied.

Also, I have to mention the fantastic response time with my purchase. I sent in my order on Saturday, and the NoEgo arrived Monday afternoon in the mail. I'm really impressed!

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
This 18650 NoEgo is amazing, you put a freshly charged battery in it, and just forget it. Day after day it keeps working. I even don´t remember when I putted a battery in it. Then I must say I have more then one PV, and switch from one to the other.

This is with a 1600IMR bat. With the trustfire flames having real 2400 mAh. it will be even better.

Question -

What's the difference between the circuitry in the noego and a standard ego?

What's the difference in the LVC (low voltage cut off) or is that done via the battery protection circuit? If it's on the circuit of the noego, what is the specific LVC? Hopefully not battery killing low like most chinese protection circuits.

Does it have the 10 tap button on and off like the ego batteries?

Why won't it work a standard ego charger? I mean, I've taken apart an ego battery, and the circuit in it is very minimal. The parts themselves aren't very expensive, and you could pretty much clone it. Although I understand, the attraction of the no ego is the ability to use lifepo4 if so desired - which would mean modify the HVC.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
I found this thread last night and I'm glad I did. Just ordered the 14500 noego. So excited! :) I love my fat bats and just lost the last of the three I had. :( Hopefully, this (unless I lose it) will solve the battery issues because I can just replace the battery itself instead of the whole unit. They look very pretty!

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
Just thought i'd follow up--I am loving this unit! :)

I did run into an issue with it--my 510 atomizers won't work. At first, i thought it was the batteries because the button would just flash as if it was dead but when I put on a carto, it worked just fine, so it just won't fire my 510 atomizers. I am liking the standard 510 tank attys and they're what I have been using for a while, so is there something I can maybe do to make them work with this beauty?

Other than that, this baby is great and I have been on the same battery for 20 hours now. :) Not only is it durable and satisfying, it's very pretty. I can live without the atomizers.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Just thought i'd follow up--I am loving this unit! :)

I did run into an issue with it--my 510 atomizers won't work. At first, i thought it was the batteries because the button would just flash as if it was dead but when I put on a carto, it worked just fine, so it just won't fire my 510 atomizers. I am liking the standard 510 tank attys and they're what I have been using for a while, so is there something I can maybe do to make them work with this beauty?

Other than that, this baby is great and I have been on the same battery for 20 hours now. :) Not only is it durable and satisfying, it's very pretty. I can live without the atomizers.
Make sure the battery center connector is raised high enough to make proper contact, on the switch and the 510 atty. First, Check to see if the atty works on a different battery and if it does you need to raise the center contact one the switch just a very little with a paper clip or very small screw driver. Also check the Atty center connector that it is higher than the out side threaded part, if not raise the center contact a little. Hope this helps. If you have a volt/ohm meter check the oHm's on the atty to make sure it has not shorted out, that way you know if the atty itself is good or bad to start with.

Last edited:

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A

I can say 14500s worked right off the bat in mine, but after using 14650 I had to pull the spring back out.

TrustFire 3.7V 1600mAh 14650 Lithium Batteries (2-Pack) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Couple bucks more, and I have these in mine.

15mm Charging Spacer Aluminum

15mm is all you need to extend a 14500 to 14650. It's not "required" but it is a more solid fit.

I am so glad I found this thread and ordered a 14500 Noeog. Been using it for about a week and enjoy it. The battery has been in for 2 days and its like there is still a fresh battery in there. A nice stylish pv to go out with. The price of the pv is awesome.
I am the type of person that loves mods (they are the best fire of carts and attys), and the fact that all I have to do it throw the battery away and still have the same pv is invaluable to me. So as long as it performs when I press the button (had a few of those pv's that don't work as expected) and I get my vapor I am a happy camper. The noego works as expected and fires the carts and attys better than any pv I have owned so far. I will be recommending this pv to my family and friends.

***Note : I did have a problem with the size of the tube, emailed Romaniac explaining the problem, and was taken care of toot sweet. Romaniac, thank you for taking care of that problem.

CigarCylon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2011
NY, NY
Hey noEgo users - I have a 14500 that I love, my main PV that I've been loving with a CherryVape Cannon driptip + LR 306 atomizers, or mega dual coil cartomizers. I'd like to experiment with tanks, and did purchase the ego-t tank adapter kit. Can someone confirm whether both Ego-T Type A and Type B style atomizers + tanks work with this? I can't tell from the site, or from searching ECF. Thanks, CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread