Your new Ego-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Just received your newsletter about the Ego-C. Is yours the Joytech? If not, are its parts interchangeable with the Joye? I ask because I'm already using theirs, bought from another vendor, but prefer buying from you.

Also, if it isn't the Joytech, can you give us any input on how its quality is compared to the Joytech and what impedance (ohms) the atomizer measures?

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I figured the lack of branding (and the lower price) indicated they are not joyetech, but I bit the bullet and ordered some to try out since cartos and I don't get along all that well. For the price though, it's comparable to cartos, but more flexible with cleaning and no filler to mess up. Can't hurt to try them.

Will you please let us know how you like them? Ideally, compare to the original Joyetech model?

BTW: with thorough cleaning, I'm finding the Joye to be very long lived and practical for vaping away from home without having to bring along extra supplies.

Merzeal

Feb 15, 2010
US
Mkay, so I got my kit in today. I'm pretty noob with these style atties, so here's what I've found so far...

I couldn't seem to get a good read on the ohms, the connector is completely sealed, and I was confused about where I should be hitting, when I got a brief (real brief) actual read, it measured out at roughly 2.2 -2.3 ohms, I didn't go through all of them yet, partially because I was somewhat frustrated by the read out (cartos with a hole are so much easier.)

I probably didn't prime it properly, as like I said, I have no experience with these. Primer fluid is NASTY. You probably won't have the issue. I might need to modify the wick slighty, not sure, I seem to get semi-dry burny hits here or there, I just prepuff and then hit. Suggestions are welcome.

Flavor is muted slightly in comparison to the cartos, but that could also be the fact that I'm not vaping what I was because I ran out of Red Bull, and I think I block the flavor of Dekang RY4, because I don't really enjoy it. That or it's been steeping since I've been using the Red Bull I had exclusively. I might clean out the carto I was using and try to give a comparison.

Now the kicker.... This RY4 is 17mg. The Red Bull was 18. I would vape the Red Bull a lot, and I would never get a definitive nicotine buzz. I'm not sure if there is a variable in today, aside from the new gear, but I managed to make myself slightly sick from nicotine buzz with the RY4. That could be for a multitude of reasons though, but I actually had to lay down for a bit, due to the feeling. Now I'm worried about this massive bottle of 24mg I bought, haha. Worst case, I'll cut it down with some PG/VG and I'll be fine.

I'll come back with more input a few days down the road after I've broken it in more and have more experience with it. This is just my initial observations, from an inexperienced ego-c user.

(Also: I hate USPS, they managed to have the package in Scarborough, Maine for 3 freaking days. Mind you, that's only an hour from me. Rage ensued.)

Merzeal

Feb 15, 2010
US
Back with a slightly more experienced post. After atty one was giving me problems, I rinsed the remaining 4 in warm water, shook them out, and set them to dry over night. I primed atty 2, and it was better tasting, but still slow wicking and kinda meh. I pulled that, and decided to try a 3rd, with wick adjustment. I poked around with a pin and didn't notice it moving any discernible amount, but I did feel something give. I primed it with a DIY experiment with a decent amount of flavor (English Toffee Cheesecake.) I figured it would be easier to diagnose the issue I was having by doing each step individually, as a opposed to doing a lot of experiments on one and then being clueless as to what was the determining factor.

I plugged it in, put a new battery on my e-power 18650, and attached the cart. The liquid started feeding, a LOT better, I thought I was flooding it at first because the juice went down in the cart faster, but no sign of actual flooding, though it may have gurgled once because I tried priming it like the former 2. The flavor is actually really good, I can detect all the notes of what I put in (CK with Graham cracker, vanillin, english toffee), and the vapor is up there next to the cartos I was using. The throat hit is impressive with the 24mg base I used, but all and all, it's working well. The vapor is also fairly cool, but it's to be expected with the design.

It seems like they require a touch of patience, and a slight amount of adjustment. I'm gonna run this atty until it dies, cleaning it here or there (would it be fair to say every 5 days?), and I'll post in this thread when it goes to the grave. I have no basis of comparison to the Joyetech models, and I don't exactly have money to burn to test against them, but I'm fairly happy so far. Now we wait till we know the longevity, though I'm hoping that doesn't happen for a long time. :)

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
I too got the MFS version of the C last week. Hate to say it, but they have been horrible. Worse taste I've ever got from a ecig, period. First, it would barely work. Then thanks to another member on the model specific forum, he informed me about having to lower the inner wick, which I did and it worked better. I wasn't getting dry hits and burning wick as before, but there was not a lot of vapor production for a decent throat hit. I've tried living with this and been through at least three tanks, swapped out for new atty's, but that taste is still there. Called MFS and didn't get a clear answer. I was doing everything right, but it just wasn't working like I thought it would. This tank system can't even compare to a regular type A ego model. I was really disappointed to say the least. But, I don't know if it's the actual design of the C system itself or if it's strictly the MFS version. Do I want to spend an extra 25 bucks and get a blister pack of the Joye Ego-C's to see if there is a difference? No, not really. Already wasted enough money chasing. Before any passes doubt on my end, let me tell you what all I did. I normally use VG, didn't work, so I switched to a PG juice, no difference. Thinking was that VG was too thick to pass through the wick at an acceptible rate for vaping. Blew out all the atty's before placing them in service and went through 3 tanks before reaching this conclusion on the taste. I know about the potential of primer fluid in there, but after three tanks, that shouldn't be an issue. I've twisted the tanks themselves at least 90 degrees, and then read on another post, to try to spin them 360. Did that, no difference. I actually tore about one of the atty's and saw that it was burning the wick material because of the dry hits. Great, I've been sucking up God knows what trying to get this thing to work. After pushing down the wick from inside the drip tube, I could finally hear the juice sizzeling on the atty all the time and not for a second or two, but vapor production was minimal. I tried covering the side air inlets on the base to see if more vapor would be produced, nothing. I've played with adjusting the incoming air into the atty, no difference. Battery works fine, so far, but I did get a weird 5 blue light flash one night on one of them that I had just charged and it quit working. I recharged it and so far, knock on wood, it seems to be working. What I didn't know was that when I saw the Ego C for that price, it was not an actual Joye brand, but the MFS. I simply didn't know and, like the rest of you, thought that price was great. Now I know why. I probably should have waited for the actual Joye brand and based on what I've been reading, most members that have the Joye brand simply love it. I would love to try it, but I'm tired of wasting money. Now, don't get me wrong, I've ordered a lot of stuff from these guys in the past and have nothing but good to say about them. Love the Kool VG liquid and that new free sample of methol or mint gum is really good. Would definently order some of that for next shipment. But this MFS version of the C has been very disappointing. Looks like I'm just going to have to stay with the Ego A model and carry around extra juice and/or prefilled tips.

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
Friend of mine had some extra actual Ego-C atty's and oh my god, what a difference. Thing really works well now. The ego-c's are bigger than the MFS version and you can actually taste the liquid again. Also noticed that there is no metal cap on top of the wick material inside the drip tube. My friend tried out the MFS atty and even she said it started tasting burnt so she threw it away after that. Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but the MFS att's for the C are junk.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I'm sorry about your experience. Thank you for saving me from the same.

The Joye ones start off quite good. Their primer has a subtle sweet taste that goes away quickly. With thorough frequent cleaning mine are lasting well over a month with no or very little loss of heat over their life span the way I've had with all other atomizers and cartomizers. The two that have died on me went with the coil opening on one and the wick dropping into the tank on the other.

Well...MFS now gives you a choice.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Don't you have a ecig store there in Hawaii? Volcanoe or something like that? Heard good things of them.

They're on a different island. Its a 200 mile swim. My wind is better since quitting analogs but it ain't that good.

Since each of the dealers here pays for his own forum, not really fair to talk about another vendor on MFS's dime:-(

Cleverly attempting to change the subject:

You're in Oklahoma? Do you know my cousin Bill? He lives in Oklahoma. You must've seen him; he drives a white Chevy pickup, has tats and always wears jeans and a sweat shirt;-)

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Hello all,

I just discovered I was sprung from the newbie member forum pokey today, so I chartered a puddle jumper for destination here.

I've been eyeballing this forum for a few days now and just needed to get a couple + a few posts down before I could have voice in this forum.

Brief background on me....

I just recently ventured into this e-cig world about two full weeks now and have been doing some heavy research, in this time, on product type, product / service companies, and a product to suit my wants / needs.

I came across MFS (among the hundreds if not thousands of other companies / products out there) over the past week and decided that MFS may just be a nice fit. - Let's see if my intuition guided me correctly once again...

I've been on analogs for some time, I really enjoy smoking, but I feel that the time has come to put the filthy habit to rest before it does it to me... I am not a chain smoker nor am I a heavy smoker... about 1/2 to 3/4 pack a day depending on the length of time that I remain awake. As far as I can tell... I don't believe that I smoke in my sleep...

My girl (she'll be giving up the ghost as well) got me a 510 type EC about 2 weeks ago off a website pop-up and I tried it for about a week, but found myself wanting to and continuing to smoke analogs during the time I was using it.

It just wasn't really satisfying my needs. I want to put the pack down once and for all and not look back. That's why I took the initiative to really do my due diligence to find a product and company worthy of my trust to beat the demons. I don't want to go through product after product / company after company, dollar after dollar, like so many have done... just in hopes to find what I am looking for. With that being said...

I believe the eGo-C may just be the device I have been looking for. I am (now) familiar with most of the details of the product, its predecessors Ego / Ego-T and believe that the eGo-C just might suit me. On paper everything looks to be a fit for me, but I'm not yet willing to make my investment on just a paper, html, asp, php code outline alone.

For someone or anyone (all are welcome to chime in if you have used or continue to use this product - MFS eGo-C) I have some questions I would like to have answered before making a final decision and placing my order(s). I have read this entire thread and searched the web for reviews on this product as well...

This would be greatly appreciated and help to expedite my decision.

The below questions are specifically for the MFS version of the eGo-C.

** Questions on the MFS eGo-C **

Q: 1100mAh Battery quality, short and longer term life cycle. How are they holding up? (a little detail rather than just good or bad)

Q: Does the 1100mAh batteries function as the Joyetech 1000mAh do with the LED indication and illumination?

Q: Are the batteries true to Voltage specs and consistent in holding that Voltage throughout their cycles?

Q: Is the battery button recessed or does it protrude the casing and do you find it a smooth press and release or does it stick?

Q: Are the tank cartridges the exact size and dimension as the Joyetech ones (I know only Type A carts will work for the eGo-C) or is there a slight difference in size?

Q: Will the tank carts fit tightly without leakage (no wobble) and be long enough to ensure that the tip on the atty head can protrude the tank cart deep enough?

Q: Any condensation build up noticed with this unit after short or prolonged use? If so how much?

Q: Does the MFS version atty head tip fully protrude into the tank cart to prevent a dry wick or do the Joyetech atty heads reach deeper into the tank cart for a better fit?

Q: Are the MFS atty heads a true 2.2 - 2.3 ohms or do they vary slightly from tip to tip?

Q: Anyone notice any issues with the screen mesh over the bridge causing blockages in the MFS atty heads?

Q: How does the finish of the device feel and is the Black / Chrome ring pieces prone to scratches and ware marks?

Q: Is the unit overall a solid tight unit or does it feel a little flimsy in whole or specific pieces?

Q: How is the overall performance of the MFS eGo-C?

Q: Has anyone noticed a degradation in performance (aside from proper maintenance) after consistent usage over some time in part or as a whole unit?

Q: Would one who knows the difference between the MFS and Joyetech versions of the eGo-C have a bias to which one is over better quality and with last longer?

That should be about it for now on the MFS eGo-C for questions.

Any and all valid input is greatly appreciated.

I'd like to see if I can make my purchase today, provided I receive the information I'm seeking and the product(s) are in stock.

Also... specific to the MFS company questions...

Can orders be processed through PayPal through the MFS store?

Does anyone know if there is there a list one can get on to review and / or beta test new products where the company or manufacturer sends you the product to test and review? - Just an after thought on this one....

I really appreciate the feedback and looking forward to learning more about the new world of EC and helping those coming on board after me...

Peace-

The feedback on the eGo-C, despite the opinions given here in this thread, which are all valid based on their personal experience, has been overall positive. The one or two issues that tends to arise more than others is a burnt or chemical taste. It seems that the primer fluid used by the manufacturer is not very pleasant at all.

From my personal experience this taste does seem to linger throughout the first cartridge fill. The second time I filled it the taste was very faint, if there at all. The burnt taste is a common issue we hear about every type of atomizer sold. I did experience this when I tried the product, but it was because I took it out of the package, put it together, and began vaping right away. And since I was testing it to see how it performed I gave it more puffs in a short amount of time than I normally would vape. This is common as people receive a new product and want to try it out. Without the proper time allowed for the liquid to wick and several quick vapes I did get a burnt taste.

The next atomizer I tried I primed it properly, allowed 5-10 minutes for the liquid to wick down once the cartridge was inserted, and then vaped as normal. Other than the primer taste, which eventually subsided, it vaped just like any eGo-T atty I have ever tried and just as good as the Joyetech eGo-C.

The batteries seem solid and the button clicks nicely, no real complaints there, but I'm not sure about short term or long term durability as I only used it for a couple of days before switching to the new CE4's we got in.

I almost always recommend going with Joyetech because they are pretty much the industry standard when it comes to quality and reliability, but we offer the other brands as a cheaper alternative and we feel they are well made.

I'll let someone else handle the rest as there are plenty of questions to go around.

As for the MFS specific questions:
We do not allow Paypal payment
There is no list for testing products. If we need to test a product we generally reach out to our top customers that purchase similar products or fit our targeted customer profile for the product (i.e. cartomizer customers tested our plunger fitting and our top camel e-liquid customers are testing a new extra strong flavored camel e-liquid)

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Thanx for the feedback TM.

Been off doing some more research on some more products to make a final decision.

Man, I figured there would be many all over my post.... guess perhaps it may not be a particular topic of interest...?

At least your feedback was quite helpful.

QQ for ya' TM regarding your response to payment

TaylorMade ...As for the MFS specific questions:
We do not allow Paypal payment

Not to split hairs, but when you say "we do not allow it" do you me that you don't accept that payment method?

If so, I'm really not sure why not. Just my opinion, but there may be some untapped potential surfing around by accepting this method. You may want to pass that on the Chris...?

I stopped using my CC over the net a few years back and began using my PP account. IMHO much easier to do transactions and transfers are immediate, and the buyer / seller protection I believe is even better than a CC. I believe main fees are probably much cheaper than what the CC co.s charge.

Not trying to sell the idea here, so to speak, just a little disappointed that I may not be doing business with MFS

Anyway thanx for the response...

Peace-

PayPal does not allow ecig sales-not sure if they ever did but they do not currently. I have used PP as much as possible, so I agree with that preference. Just not an option for MFS.

Yep. We offered paypal for a little while, but once Paypal stopped allowing e-cig related sales we had to stop accepting this payment method.

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Ok, that clears it up. I was unaware that PP had instituted such a thing. Besides, I'm all new to this EC world and I'm just about two weeks in learning the ropes.

Also TM - on another topic. You had mentioned in a previous post that you where sampling or now using the eGo-CE4.

Was just curious on your views coming off the the eGo-C.

I still haven't made a solid decision yet on atomizer vs clearomizer as of yet. Still searching reviews and opinions on one vs the other. Ie: Flavor, TH, Exhale Vapor volume, longevity of each tube, and all the other comparative information.

Need to resolve my dilemma but quick.... running out of analogs and refuse to purchase another pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread