Your new Ego-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the flavor from the CE4 is astounding in comparison to other cartomizers. The CE2 and CE3 both have great flavor, but the CE4 is right up there with them. Throat hit and vapor production is also great. So far I haven't had any leaking issues like many often get from the CE2 or CE3 and the CE4 is so much easier to fill, no syring required. It fits better on the eGo due to the cone shaped design, and holds more liquid so one fill will last me almost a full day. I'm really loving it and so far I haven't found a downside.

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
The battery's are really long. They do have the blue light. You can click it 5 times to turn it off or on, but that's where the similarities stop. There is no different color to notify you that it is at half power. When you charge them, they blink five times. When charging complete, the blue light turns off. They do last longer than the shorter, standard Ego batteries, but that long type take some getting use to, especially if you put it in an outside coat pocket or shirt pocket. As I've mentioned before, the MFS atty's are made differently. I've taken two totally apart and there is no metal cap inside the dip tube akin to actual Ego-C from Joyetech. The Joyetech ego-c's are slightly larger, at least the dip tube is. I've recently had to purchase actual ego-c atty's and they are great. I've never had a burnt taste with these. They pull VG juice just fine. They, thankfully, do fit into the MFS version, albeit a little snugger. I've had to play around with that combination to get a better air flow, but it does work. The carts that come with the MFS are clear with the soft end caps, which means you don't have to get a syringe to fill them, just pop the cap off and re-fill. I'm currently using a combination of the MFS batteries and my Joyetech Ego A batteries with the MFS cone and atty holder, but using Joyetech Ego-C atty's. Sometimes I get terrible draws, meaning not enough air, and sometimes they are fine. Trying to figure out what's going on here. I've torn them apart and everything is as it seems.

Last edited:

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Schmoe
The battery's are really long. They do have the blue light. You can click it 5 times to turn it off or on, but that's where the similarities stop. There is ... ...I've torn them apart and everything is as it seems.

Thank you Schmoe....very informative description. That's what I was looking for. All those little nuances that come with a unit(s) that you don't read or hear about.

My dilemma, as you and I both stated previously... I don't want to be throwing dollar after dollar, burning countless hours / days (as I have been doing) on tedious research chasing the ultimate PV device.

For now, I'm on a time thing.... I've put in my mind already that once I finish my last analog.... I just refuse to purchase any more....( I have a pack 1/2 left - only torching up when I really feel the need), so I want to make sure that the device on my first investment does suit my needs and make my transition an enjoyable experience.

Later on down the road when I have my core device and have some time in, I'll make some mods and tweaks, but just as long as I have my "everyday driver" at the ready.

With all the research I have been doing, questions I've been asking others, users, vendors, etc.... I have pretty much narrowed down the type of device I'm looking to invest in, now it's just a matter of making sure that the quality is there, the company is reputable, replacement parts are accessible and extras are available for that particular piece, ie: small carry case, additional batteries, replaceable atomizers / clearomizers in variable resistances just in case I need to fine tune the device down the road. Ie: Hi Res / Lo Res atty - Higher voltage battery (3.2 - 3.7v -- 4.3 - 4.7v etc)

Anyway, my thing is now, after heavy research on an atty / tank system, I have also now been interested in the CE4 or clearomizers. Trying to weigh the Differences / Similarities, Pros / Cons.

I'm just thinking out loud here, dollars and cents If I go with the CE4 and for some odd reason it doesn't cut it for me, I could always perform a conversion with an atty 5 pack, a base or two and some tanks..... thinking of cost effectiveness...

But after reading your post, and TM's resonse earlier, I'll most likely purchase an authentic and stay away from the generic. Although price point makes a great argument, -- quality, warrantee, durability and piece of mind are worth a few extra bucks to me.

** Your devices drawing issues **
Just a thought here Schmoe - have you checked the exact voltages of each battery with a volt meter? - The batteries should be at what they are specified by the OEM at. I believe for your device they are 3.7volts.

Also check the resistance of each of your attys. I believe (if they're not the Lo Res attys) the should be 2.2 - 2.3ohms consistently across the attys.

Check to make sure that the atty bottom is clean and is making an even firm fit to the base and base to the battery. A little lint, fluid or even oil from you fingers could contaminate the contacts.

and lastly... if those check out good for you, check to see inside the atty that the mesh is not lose and perhaps binding when air or fluid passes through.

Hope that works for you bud.

Thanx again for the response.

Peace-

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
Haven't ran it through the voltmeter, but that are the 650 mAh units, just bigger and don't have to charge as ofter as the shorter ones that I got from first Joyetech Ego. I don't have any LR atty's. After a couple of weeks with this new hybrid C system I put together, I really wish I'd have just stayed with my original A model. I have been going back to that even with the newer C model. It just has a better taste and a superb throat hit. I've found there are two types of smokers. The ones that deeply inhale and the ones that don't inhale very deeply and just want a good throat hit. I'm the later. The C's give decent vapor, but lack that throat punch. If you look at the workings, it's pretty obvious why. Much more liquid can get to the atomizer as opposed to the design of the C with its one flow method whereas the A has a bridge that actually delivers the liquid from two fronts. I've tried the smokystix mega's and another similar that I had to use a syringe to fill. They are all stuffed with poly and actually wick from the poly material itself. From what I can observe, once you start vaping, that first initial hit is pretty good, but the surrounding poly has to re-wick itself and that takes time. Then after a few draws, you have to refill the poly and keep it really saturated. Now, this works well if you like deep inhaling, but like I said ealier, I want the throat hit. As far as MFS goes, they have been great. I had one of the above mention mega carto's that didn't work, called them up and they sent me another one that worked, no charge. Dustin Taylor has been real helpful the times I did call. I have no compliants about them, you have to decide what kind of vaporer you are, IMO, and make sure you get what you want. If it wasn't for all the money I've dumped into the C's, I'd probably go back to the A full time. The tank system is ingenius whereas you don't have to fill up all the time. But, everybody works out a system that works best for them. I got about 100 dollars invested in the C so I'm really taking my time and giving it a chance to work. If there was some way I could adopt a tank system to a bridged atty setup, I think that would probably give me what I'm looking for.

Schmoe, I know that there is a tank available for the 510 bridged attys, but I don't know of one for the Type A eGo bridged attys. You may want to take a look into some cartomizers though, because they are constantly getting better and can offer extended performance. I really can't say enough about the CE4's, great flavor and one fill last me almost a full day. However, they don't work well if you take several pulls on them in quick succession because they are slow to wick.

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Haven't ran it through the voltmeter, but ... ...that works best for them. I got about 100 dollars invested in the C so I'm really taking my time and giving it a chance to work. If there was some way I could adopt a tank system to a bridged atty setup, I think that would probably give me what I'm looking for.

In my research I have discovered that the 306 cart will thread to the 510. The 306 offers an unbridged version with a warmer vapor and should be able to hold more juice in the cart. I believe you could even fly these 306's at LR. (1.5 - 2.0) which with the stock eGo battery should create a nice slightly modded vape, without giving the unit too much of a beating.

I'm currently looking into a VV unit at the moment with all the advantages and options..... The search continues.

Peace-

izak

Dec 5, 2011
Washington
Hi MFS,

I just emailed Chris about this, especially given your latest sale of 650mah Ego batts, but I think it would be quite helpful if you were to better differentiate between the parts which are "genuine Joyetech" and your ego clones. Some are called "MFS", some are called "Joyetech", and some have no manufacturer mark at all (they are just called, e.g., "Ego"). Taylor has already posted regarding not selling Joyetech kits, but then MFS got some genuine Joyetech kits in.

Finally, I think that if you are going to sell Joyetech parts, this should be indicated somewhere on Joyetech's website (which lists business partners and authorized distributors).

I don't mean to sound snippy or anything along those lines; I love your business, and your juice ranks #1 in my mind. One reason I'm switching from my 808 stuff (the Echo, specifically) is so that I can buy both my juice and replacement parts from you guys :)

Cheers!

EDIT: I have been told that Joyetech will not list a vendor if they sell stuff from other manufacturers. I'm waiting to hear from Joyetech on this one, given that many vendors listed on their "approved businesses" document seem to do just this.

Last edited:
You are correct. When I contacted Joyetech about being added to their official distributor list they responded that in order to be listed this is the response I received:

Dear Dustin,

Here are the requirements for your information:
1. You should have a physical shop and sell genuine Joyetech products.
2. You will not sell relevant products that compete with Joyetech or that appear identical to or closely resemble in appearance the Joyetech products.
3. Some other models of e-cigs or accessories, which Joyetech doesn’t produce can be sold as well, but most of your goods shall be the genuine Joyetech products, for example, 90% Joyetech of your whole goods.​

We will continue to offer genuine Joyetech products as a large portion of our inventory, but we have no intention to stop selling similar products from other manufacturers as a cheaper option for our customers. Our goal is to offer both the genuine Joyetech version and a "store brand" for many of our products, just like you see in a grocery store. Unfortunately this means that we cannot be listed in the distributor list for now.

However, it is very easy to differentiate the genuine Joyetech products in our store from the others. The genuine Joyetech products will always have Joyetech in the product name. If it does not say Joyetech in the product name, then we do not guarantee that the product will be a genuine Joyetech product and you should assume that it is not a Joyetech product. Although, sometimes when we are running low on something we may substitute Joyetech products for our "store brand", but never the other way around.

Many vendors on the approved list do offer other products, but if Joyetech is notified of this then they could be removed from the list. I'm not going to tattle on anyone or anything, and honestly I don't see why such strict restrictions, but we prefer to remain honest according to their current guidelines instead of lie about our products to be added to the list. Hopefully in the future Joyetech will amend their guidelines to allow vendors that sell competing products.

BTW, the eGo/eGo-T 650mAh batteries that are currently on sale for $13.95 are genuine Joyetech batteries.

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I got the MFS version of the ego-C. The only issue I have is the battery. The blue light blinks a lot and it does not seem to hold a proper charge- this 1000 battery is the only type of battery I have been using for almost 6 months. I have used the geniune and the generic but this is the first one that is not working properly. I have not had it that long so is there any warranty on it?

izak

Dec 5, 2011
Washington
Thanks for the reply! It is basically the same that I got from Joyetech, and I certainly trust you folks when you say that you've got Joyetech :) I wish they had a little more lenience in this policy, given that their list of "copy cat" distributors is woefully incomplete. It seems to be in the best interests of protecting the brand name, in any case. Thanks again, can't wait for my egos ;)

I got the MFS version of the ego-C. The only issue I have is the battery. The blue light blinks a lot and it does not seem to hold a proper charge- this 1000 battery is the only type of battery I have been using for almost 6 months. I have used the geniune and the generic but this is the first one that is not working properly. I have not had it that long so is there any warranty on it?

30day warranty on kits. Give us a call and we will work something out for you.

I ended up not sticking to that one due to cleaning a few at the same time, but from what I can tell, they are still all operational. Not complaining.

Good to hear that they are all still working. From what I've heard from customers they seem to last about 4 weeks on average, but that is usually with customers that never clean them or swap them out. I'm interested to see what happens when they are cared for properly.

Merzeal

Feb 15, 2010
US
3 bucks for a month a vaping per atty is a pretty good deal, in my opinion. :p I swap out every 5 days or so roughly, so these might last me quite some time. Yay, I made a good investment. Though I am questioning about the tanks, and how often I should switch those out / worth cleaning (rinse out?), and if I should buy new caps. I notice that new tanks /caps tend to taste better.

Edit for more questions, or something..

Last edited:
Yeah, lots of times it is the cartridge that causes an off taste, but most people mistakenly identify the atomizer as the culprit. However, since cartridges are made of plastic they can normally be cleaned and restored to like new condition unless you use some really potent juice like cinammon flavors, etc.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Taylor,

I've been researching the replacement batteries for the eGo-C and noticed that your site lists the Joyetech batteries at 3.7v. Everyplace else I've seen either doesn't list the voltage or has them rated at 3.3v, as does the Joyetech site.

Is this a misprint on your site, or do you have genuine Joyetech batteries regulated @ 3.7v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread