Your Opinion Switching From Green Smoke To Another Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Envithyx, just saw your questions!

I take it the Riva was too big for your taste? Yes it is. And I don't mind refilling at all but the cartomizers from Green Smoke fall apart after refilling once or twice.

Green Smoke's batteries are the problem. I've had numerous replacements and while they're good about that, it's a nuisance and lasts about 2 hours for me. So going out takes 3 or 4 charged batteries. That's really a nuisance.

How do you think the KR808D1 E Cigarette would work for me?

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
A 510 isn't so much a brand as it is a type of connection. Generally most 510 items are compatible with one another. It is common misconception that ALL 510 parts are interchangeable. It's generally, not always.

While you may not intend to get into the 4 or 5 range, a lot of people (myself included) get there by accident. There are so many great juices out there and so many great mods you just kinda get addicted to that.

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-electronic-cigarette-kits-and-parts-s/44.htm

A good brand most people would suggest. They don't do much for me (in fact, I'd still be smoking if that's all that I had) but they do enough for most people.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
We've established that the larger sizes are out.

Maybe a charging case? They are like a pack of cigarettes but they contain batteries. When the battery you are using is done, you can put it into the charging case and use another while the empty one charges. This way you may be able to reduce the number of batteries required for a night out from five to three.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Yes, there are tons of other charging cases. They are all made in china and branded as BLU, Greensmoke, whateversmoke......

I use larger replaceable batteries so I am not an expert on the charging cases that are out there. Generally, they can hold more batteries than they can charge though. The batteries those cases contain are about 5-7 times the capacity of the small ones you use to vape/puff, so it might be possible that some charge more than 1 at a time. I am not certain about that though. You will have to ask/look around.

You may also consider getting a passthrough so as to use the car power while you are driving to the gatherings. This way, if you are driving 20-30 minutes away, you will gain that battery/usage time at the party. The same thing holds true for your return. Plus, if the batteries do run out you can always go to your car or put it in your purse and go to the restroom for a puff.

So, unless you are willing to go to an elite808 or Volt type device which will be about 20-25% larger but give you about 35% more power per battery, you will have to combine the charging case and passthrough for a rock solid solution.

All the best!

Last edited:

Envithyx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
NorCal
I'm sorry Envithyx, just saw your questions!

I take it the Riva was too big for your taste? Yes it is. And I don't mind refilling at all but the cartomizers from Green Smoke fall apart after refilling once or twice.

Green Smoke's batteries are the problem. I've had numerous replacements and while they're good about that, it's a nuisance and lasts about 2 hours for me. So going out takes 3 or 4 charged batteries. That's really a nuisance.

How do you think the KR808D1 E Cigarette would work for me?

It's essentially the same as the green smoke batteries, so probably have the same issues as you do now. However, see below...

Volt might be something to consider as it is based on the KR808D design (if I understand this right). It is in the size range and has a good following/rating score from what I've read here on ECF. Look into the charging cases (pcc) like throatkick suggested as well and you're multple battery requirements on an evening out is solved. Actually throatkick has a lot of good suggestions. :thumbs:

Smokless Image has kits with the PCC included for Volt.

We'll help you find what you're looking for. :)

Here's another picture to help you see size of the Volt:

volt_sizechart_final_11.jpg

Last edited:

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
It's essentially the same as the green smoke batteries, so probably have the same issues as you do now.

Volt might be something to consider, it is in the size range and has a good following/rating score from what I've read here on ECF. Look into the charging cases (pcc) like throatkick suggested as well, actually he has a lot of good suggestions. Smokless Image has kits with the PCC included for Volt. We'll help you find what you're looking for. :)

Here's another picture to help you see size of the Volt:

volt_sizechart_final_11.jpg

I have not used a Volt but OP, let me tell you, if you insist on keeping with the small batteries there is a huge following here on ECF who all love it. It would also be a great option for you in that small battery range.

Envithyx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
NorCal
I have not used a Volt but OP, let me tell you, if you insist on keeping with the small batteries there is a huge following here on ECF who all love it. It would also be a great option for you in that small battery range.

Ah, quoted me before I finished re-editing my post. :D

I have not used it either, but have seen the huge following here and the recommendations to others seemed solid. Looking into it further, looks like the they took the old 808D and improved it a ton and called it Volt.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Nice breakdown Salem, but you forgot a couple things.
A stage 1'er probably spends more than someone in stage 3, but gets a fraction of the value for the money they spend.
A stage 1'er has a high likelihood to get sick of the expense and poor performance and go back to analogs unless he figures out how to escape stage 1.
It is the wise stage 1'er that advances directly to stage 3, but not everyone can bring themselves to do it.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
Nice breakdown Salem, but you forgot a couple things.
A stage 1'er probably spends more than someone in stage 3, but gets a fraction of the value for the money they spend.
A stage 1'er has a high likelihood to get sick of the expense and poor performance and go back to analogs unless he figures out how to escape stage 1.
It is the wise stage 1'er that advances directly to stage 3, but not everyone can bring themselves to do it.

Very true. I summed up what you said by saying "A stage 1 vaper usually continues to smoke" or something along those lines.

The stages I suggest are stage 3 and up, specifically stage 4. Vaping is a world of enjoyment that everyone should get the chance to experience. It doesn't really become enjoyable until stage 3 and stage 4 (and stage 5 for people who have very deep pockets).

This has got to be the best forum I've ever been on! You guys ROCK! I just got off the phone with Volt folks. I am really getting this now thanks to you! The Volt is a step up in quality from Green Smoke but in the size that is good for me. Their battery life is longer and they have a rechargeable case :)

I now understand the next step (thanks to Salem) would be something like this --http://www.vaporkings.com/eGo-T-Type-B-kit-stainless-steel-Genuine-Joye-p/ego-kit-stainless-typeb.htm I found that brand on several websites and tried to phone with no success in reaching anyone. I will wait to hear from someone.

So that's where the decision is presently - Volt or ego :) I hope this threads helps another non-educated vaper (just learned that word today) who was lost this morning and now have clarity! Along the way I learned the difference between manual and automatic! And that 80/20 was a better juice.

Thanks everyone! I so appreciate your help!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
............Green Smoke's batteries are the problem. I've had numerous replacements and while they're good about that, it's a nuisance and lasts about 2 hours for me. So going out takes 3 or 4 charged batteries. That's really a nuisance.........

Well, there's the rub. In vaping you cannot have your cake and eat it too. The physics of battery design cannot be changed. Any mini-battery model that is the size of an analog is going to give you "mini" battery life. When you consider that the Kgo, E-Power and Riva are no larger than a sharpie, there are thousands of women on ECF that use these models.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
If you can deal with the size, I cannot stress enough that an ego is a step up in vapor quality. The volt is GREAT for it's size. I've not used one but know plenty who have. I have also seen demonstrations. However, the ego (or alternative) will give much more vapor with a much longer battery life. You have to ask yourself "how long of a battery life do I need?"

I personally am attached to my Saber Touch Vari-Volt. I get about 18 hours of life on my saber. Then, just pop in some batteries when they do die. An ego you will have to carry a second large ego battery around with you, same with Volts and whatnot.

All in all, just make sure you're happy with your choice. Look at all of the options available and honestly think about what it is you REALLY want.

Cadaoryn

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
California: But stuck in Afghan!
If you HAVE to have a cigarette looking e-cig then you will probably give yourself enough frustration to go back to smoking. But maybe try a joye 510. they are IMO the best analog cigarette sized ones out there and still cheap. But if you do get an ego, dont get an ego-t. Try out an ego battery and a cartomizer instead. Much more flavor and vapor.

Last edited:
Thanks Salem, Cad & Wv2win for your thoughts! I thought last night about why I'm unable to use large ones and it's because of how and why I smoke. I own a marketing firm and do most of the writing for my clients. I've written several books over the years. Picture Hemingway with a cigarette dangling from his mouth hanging over a writing pad and that's how my work day goes only I'm at the keyboard.

I tried to quit several times and my creativity and thoughts were in such a mess, I could not write. I quit smoking last September thanks to Green Smoke's small cig replacing the real ones. I don't think a battery lasting less than a month with regular use is normal. I haven't had one of Green Smoke's last longer than that. Out of the box, 2 would not charge. One hissed and 2 grew so hot, I couldn't hold them.

I hope that's not the norm with all manufacturers of those small battery cigs but I'll spend $100 or so, try another company and see. In the end, it's about what's in my head about writing and the role a cigarette plays in that. There's absolutely no way I could dangle a Saber Vari-Volt from my lips! It looks like it could launch a small rocket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread