Your "safe" vendors list please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevar

Nov 28, 2012
United States
I am slightly alarmed at all that I've learned recently regarding the possibility of irreversible lung damage cause by ketones like diacetyl, acetoin and AP. I have been vaping all kinds of stuff (50+ vendors) without regard to what they use in their liquids. I've since learned that consistent use of liquid containing around 2 ppm of diacetyl could cause irreversible damage to cell tissue.

I want to make an effort to move away from vendors and more specifically juices/flavors that might have harmful chemicals (the three I listed above and any others I might not be aware of). I was on the side of the fence that said, "well its safer than smoking", and "its just trace amounts anyway". But I'd like to attempt to make it safer now.

The flavors I like and vape are complex, like five pawns juices, or alice in vapeland juices. The juice descriptions don't even mention the base flavors that are mixed together. The obvious choice would be to stop vaping complex flavors, but the flavors, man! I will def miss them if I stop.

So, here's an earnest request - would you please list the vendors or juices that you like and use that YOU trust are free of these harmful chemicals. Mad props if your vendor has had all or some of their juices tested by a third party lab. I will do the diligence of emailing that list and finding out more before settling on a new set of vendors.

So please list your favorite "safe" (ascertained safe?) vendors below, and thank you for giving me a leg up.

Redhotchewy

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
USA, East Coast
I would like to see your source on 2 ppm damage to lung tissue. Considering this stuff is present in coffee, beer, honey, margarine and many other vaporous materials I would be hard pressed to believe 2 ppm is the documented threshold. So far what I have read on the matter points to approximately 200-400 ppm exposure causes problems. Obviously this chemical is reactive and causes problems at all concentrations but we are talking about two different things between what you are exposed to and what leads to popcorn lung.

sevar

Nov 28, 2012
United States
I would like to see your source on 2 ppm damage to lung tissue. Considering this stuff is present in coffee, beer, honey, margarine and many other vaporous materials I would be hard pressed to believe 2 ppm is the documented threshold. So far what I have read on the matter points to approximately 200-400 ppm exposure causes problems. Obviously this chemical is reactive and causes problems at all concentrations but we are talking about two different things between what you are exposed to and what leads to popcorn lung.

I was wrong, it was 0.2 ppm. See appendix 3 in http://ec.europa.eu/social/BlobServlet?docId=6511&langId=en

That 200-400 number is way wrong. The popcorn factory workers were consistently exposed to some 38 ppm or so.

In any case, the document makes for an interesting read.

In our case, vaping is something I do for hours each day, with the exhaled vapors lingering, its like day long exposure, or at least a few hours each day, through the mouth, too.

I would very much like not to argue the science in this thread. I would much rather get inputs from others who have decided as I have, and what they do for juice. I have tried unflavored, and it only goes so far... unfortunately.

Thanks!

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
So far, the only known way to get buttery or creamy flavors in a vape is using the big 3 diketones.
Nicoticket has an advisory on all the juices they use that contain any questionable compounds (like acetoin and AP, the safer alternatives to diacetyl), and do not use diacetyl.

There are some vendors who have gone the extra to reformulate their recipes to remove those ingredients. Your blanket statement of "the only known way" is inaccurate.

sstarrx3

Sep 23, 2014
North Carolina
Charlie Noble does not use these compounds in their juices and they are absolutely wonderful!! Highly recommend. All ingredients are on the label. Glass bottles with drippers. Exact PG/VG ratios on bottle for each flavor. All are mostly VG, around 75-80% VG. Very reasonable prices at $12.99 for 30 ml. Free and fast shipping, they are located in Maryland, so they may collect taxes if you live in Maryland.

sevar

Nov 28, 2012
United States
Sevar your best bet would probably be to contact the vendors you favor and ask them directly. Alternately google "diketone free ejuice" yields results of vendors and discussions on ECF and many other sources on the subject.

I've been googling, and I intend to email the vendors, I'd just like to start with a smaller, smarter list. Hence this thread. Thanks a lot for the reply <3

sevar

Nov 28, 2012
United States
So far, the only known way to get buttery or creamy flavors in a vape is using the big 3 diketones.
Nicoticket has an advisory on all the juices they use that contain any questionable compounds (like acetoin and AP, the safer alternatives to diacetyl), and do not use diacetyl.

I do notice now that there are flavors on nicoticket without the diacteyl etc warning. That is awesome, I can try and pick a few of those and see if I like it. Thanks a lot!

RickL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Minnesota
Give ITCVapes | Gourmet e-Juice Priced Affordably a try.
The folowing statment comes from their site.

"All of our blends are created with the highest quality ingredients. Our nicotine, which can also be found in several very high end juice lines, is some of the cleanest and clearest nicotine available. We use 100% USP Kosher non-GMO Vegetable Glycerin and 100% USP Kosher Propylene Glycol. All of our flavoring comes from companies that have stated that their product is diacetyl free."

I hope its save, I really enjoy their custard #3.

sevar

Nov 28, 2012
United States
Charlie Noble does not use these compounds in their juices and they are absolutely wonderful!! Highly recommend. All ingredients are on the label. Glass bottles with drippers. Exact PG/VG ratios on bottle for each flavor. All are mostly VG, around 75-80% VG. Very reasonable prices at $12.99 for 30 ml. Free and fast shipping, they are located in Maryland, so they may collect taxes if you live in Maryland.

Awesome. Just the kind of info I was looking for. The flavors look tempting and I have reached out to them. Thanks!

Bubbaman7

Jan 27, 2014
Wichita, KS, USA
It's hard to trust vendors as to what they are putting into their e liquid. I have spent so many hours researching the top suppliers of flavoring and well over half of the flavorings have Diketones in them from the top manufacturers that are well known. There is a new manufacturing company that has finally produced the first Safe to Vape base liquid and flavorings that are 100% Diketone free and made just for vaping. It's been twelve years in the making and 8 of those years were actually with human testing with mind blowing results. I have already tried 38 different flavors so far and they are all amazeing. They have produced a liquid that is soothing for sensitive tissue (air ways and lungs) and bursting with flavor. The unveiling of the new company (with full approval of the FDA) is supposed to be at the end of 2015 and for the first part of 2016 the 3 new facilities will be in full production with product ready to ship worldwide. Right now there are supposedly 18 stores, all over the world, that are already carrying these products. So far I only know of 2 of the stores that are carrying the new products. I'm 99% sure that ImperialMist.com (in the US) and 100% positive that Vapenetworks.com (in the Netherlands) have started selling it. But soon I will have the names of most, if not all of the stores around the world that are selling this "Safe to Vape" flavored juice. The full story will be on Leakipedia once I get the remaining information I need. It's really here vapors. Vaping is the future and the future is now!!!
Vape Safe,
SINMASTER

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread