Your "safe" vendors list please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Acetoin may not be as problematic as diacetyl, but ap is pretty much identical to diacetyl from a molecular viewpoint according to both Dr. Farsalinos and Dr, Gilman, with likely the same potential for harm.
No, not the case... Some flavor manufacturers claimed to be "diacetyl free" and substituted acetyl propyniol. That game worked for a couple years. Now some want you to believe that acetoin is not so bad -- but evidence indicates otherwise.

While not a true diketone, acetoin has a molecular structure very similar to diacetyl -- and appears as damaging as diacetyl and acetyl propyniol. Don't be hoodwinked by suppliers claiming to test for diacetyl and acetyl propyniol -- while ignoring acetoin. There are several doing so.

Personally I would NEVER give my business to such a supplier again. As it would seem clear that they are too stupid to be in this business --or just value their profits more than your health. The attached study was in 2010 -- so this is NOT new or unavailable information.

Acetoin.jpg

Click to view attachment. (Anyone know how to increase display size?)

Last edited:

sevar

Nov 28, 2012
United States
Yeah, I'm with you there, LoveVanilla. I am ok with not vaping specific flavors that are high risk, too. What annoys me is when the flavor description for a liquid is something vague like "This juice will remind you of home and wrap you up in memories warm and toasty" and stuff without telling you whether it's custard or cream or banana or what... so you end up having to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread