Your Thoughts on Johnson Creek Smoke Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think people usually seem to prefer their Red Oak line. And don't go by taste alone especially if you have medium to high nic. Nic tastes bad. And if a tobacco or any liquid isn't a bit sweet and/or tart then vapor might not have a real flavor since the tongue can only sense sweet, salty, sour, bitter, umami (msg). It is mostly aroma. Let your nose have some of the vapor and then you will get a better sense of the flavor. Cigarettes do that for you - you can't avoid smelling cigarettes.

Re lack of vapor - did you shake them up? I don't see where they list what their PG/VG ratio is. VG makes more visible vapor and it lasts longer so you see it on exhale. PG lets through flavor and TH better. I usually like around 70pg/30vg

Last edited:

forthwith

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have put away about 100 ml of JC, my fave is original pg, but since they all tend to taste similar, anything works, though the high nic stuff messes with my throat. One thing I have found is that JC works best in an atty / cart e cig, most of their testing was done on a 510 with a cart. Dripping is counter productive. I dunno why, just works better in a cart on a 510 atty. It will clog a cartomizer in no time, but works surprisingly well on an ego tank.

Oddball

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
JC takes a bit to get used to. Their juice tends to have a very nutty aroma but works well. I'm finding a preference for mostly VG as it produces more vapor but currently I'm puffing away on the Spiced Apple Cider from JC...nice stuff, good TH as well. I injected it into a new XL fluxomizer and was using it 10 minutes later.

vtrust

Feb 27, 2011
Seattle, WA
I just finished a bottle of their "Arctic Menthol" and was a little disappointed. I didn't experience the cooling effect other people seem to, and found the taste to be off. Didn't taste anything like menthol. Still, it wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again. I might have got a bad batch, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all. Seems like almost everyone is happy with JC, so maybe I'll try another flavor, but so far the best liquid I've found is from Tasty Vapor.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
What flavors did you get? My favorites are all from the Red Oak line. Domestic and Tennessee Cured. Sometimes I like to add a little Winter Frost to the mix.

I totally agree! These 2 are close to being at the top of the list of my favorite tobacco flavors
from any vendor! Great juice and great service! I do add a small amount of VG to these and I
get large clouds of vapor.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
JC takes a bit to get used to. Their juice tends to have a very nutty aroma but works well. I'm finding a preference for mostly VG as it produces more vapor but currently I'm puffing away on the Spiced Apple Cider from JC...nice stuff, good TH as well. I injected it into a new XL fluxomizer and was using it 10 minutes later.

Although I don't personally find the juice to have a nutty aroma, I do agree that JC's Spiced Apple Cider is a stellar winter vape. It got me last year. The stuff is so good. I kept buying bottles of it because it's only around for a little while in the winter months and I didn't want to run out. I still have a few bottles. Thanks for reminding me!!!

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
Although I don't personally find the juice to have a nutty aroma, I do agree that JC's Spiced Apple Cider is a stellar winter vape. It got me last year. The stuff is so good. I kept buying bottles of it because it's only around for a little while in the winter months and I didn't want to run out. I still have a few bottles. Thanks for reminding me!!!

The Apple Cider is really awesome! Their Tennessee Cured is the only stuff that I'll vape when I drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread