YouTube review weirdos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Klueppel

Dec 6, 2018
Hi,

I started vaping a while ago now and I'm using YouTube a lot for all kinds of information and reviews.
Is that just me or is the most important trait to be mentally unstable if you want to be on YT and review mods and ejuices. I mean most of these guys seem to think a video is only good if they trump each other with being weird and using sh..t, b...h and other unnecessary language.
I found just one channel so far that keeps it simple and professional.

Can you guys suggest some good reviewers which not try so hard to be cool ?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think the mistake you are m
Hi,

I started vaping a while ago now and I'm using YouTube a lot for all kinds of information and reviews.
Is that just me or is the most important trait to be mentally unstable if you want to be on YT and review mods and ejuices. I mean most of these guys seem to think a video is only good if they trump each other with being weird and using sh..t, b...h and other unnecessary language.
I found just one channel so far that keeps it simple and professional.

Can you guys suggest some good reviewers which not try so hard to be cool ?
You are making is the assumption that being visibly unstable on YouTube has anything at all to do with e-cigarettes. As the used-car salesman saying goes “they’re all like that”

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Although Sophie Vapes appears to be a blond(?) airhead, she is actually a pretty good reviewer.

I think they are all wigs... But yes she does a decent job. She does not really review any high end gear that I am into so I don't watch her videos very often...

Jai Haze does high end stuff as does A Bloody Good Vaping (he has not posted anything in a few months though).

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I'm with you. As suggested above, it seems everywhere there are folks who push the (visual / public) envelope. Perhaps it has to do with creating a 'unique' identity or something. The more I look, the less unique some stilted attempt at uniqueness seems to be.

It has been a while since I've viewed any e-cig reviews, but I always found "Todd" to be very palatable. "Todd's Reviews" either on youtube or he has his own site. He is relatively low key and you wouldn't be embarassed to have your family know him as a friend of yours.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It has been a while since I've viewed any e-cig reviews, but I always found "Todd" to be very palatable. "Todd's Reviews" either on youtube or he has his own site. He is relatively low key and you wouldn't be embarassed to have your family know him as a friend of yours.
Low key? More like...
tenor.gif

Sorry Todd. J/K. I know you frequent these forums. ;)

Last edited:

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    Low key? More like...
    tenor.gif

Sorry Todd. J/K. I know you frequent these forums. ;)
    You aren't wrong, it takes me weeks to edit a 15min video, I keep falling asleep listening to myself drone on, what a boring c*nt.

[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    As much as he's hated, I find some of Rip Trippers videos easy to watch. Mostly because I like his upbeat demeanour. Most of the kit is usually stuff I don't give a hoot about but not being funny, I don't want a 24 minute video with a full build when all I want is a snappy review of an RDA.

Zophie is another reviewer who I will check out from time to time.

Indoor Smokers just screams midlife crisis at me half the time though.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Todd and Scott are probably my two favorites, and I love Zophie's stuff. Some of her non-vape stuff is pretty freaking hilarious too.

I like a bunch, but usually don't sit through an entire anything.

My attention span, similar to my tastes buds, belong to some 12 year-old fictitious kid. I've named him "Bobby", just because he deserves a name. :lol:

Reactions: Eskie

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don’t know what I’d do without the fast forward slider on reviews. They’re generally about twice as long as they need to be. What is it, what does the deck look like, how do you wick it, does it work well. Who needs to know how big something is in tenths of a millimeter?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Who is Scott? (I'm not being snide.)

IGETCHA69 (I think that's spelled correctly). He is another that just seems like someone that would be fun to.have a drink with. That style is my preference (I guess).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread