May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
I have been searching for liquid that I like like. so far I have liquid from
Alusion -
halo
johnsons creek
max vaper
I dont seem to like any of it.
It must be me. I am going to give it some time before I post any reviews as I am sure my taste buds are still out of wack from smoking.
I just want to find that one that gets me through the day
I think I have it then all of a sudden I cant stand it anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?

fetalbounce

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
San Jose, CA
Do you have a vape bar nearby?

I have been searching for liquid that I like like. so far I have liquid from
Alusion -
halo
johnsons creek
max vaper
I dont seem to like any of it.
It must be me. I am going to give it some time before I post any reviews as I am sure my taste buds are still out of wack from smoking.
I just want to find that one that gets me through the day
I think I have it then all of a sudden I cant stand it anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
it could also be your delivery system...wick/coil might need cleaned...try different systems? cartomizers, top coils (vivi nova), bottom coils (protanks)? Keep in mind with tanks stick with glass and metal tanks so no worrying about tank cracking juices.

so tell us somethings you like food or drink wise and maybe we can give you some suggestions. Sweet, salty, nutty, spicy, fruity, ect...you name it there is a juice for it..even hot dog lmfao Everybody Vapes Barbecue!

If you like sweet I'd have to say Fuzion Vapor's unicorn blood is a must have like vaping koolaid
if you like Werther’s Original Hard Candies then FreedomSmokeUSA's Hopscotch (X) is a must have
if you like pie crust ***** *****'s Deviled Rat Juice
orange/peach flavors MtBakerVapor's Solar Flare (which I hate both flavors lmfao but tried the juice and would suggest it to people that like those types of flavor)

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'd suggest you branch out and try some things you haven't yet tried?
Looks like you joined ECF a long time ago, but not a lot of posts, so I can't tell if you've been vaping for years or not!
You didn't specify - are you just trying tobacco flavors? Just desserts?

A LOT of people start by looking for something that tastes like cigarettes, and are frustrated, and then one day they try something totally unlike what they THINK they want, and realize they enjoy it. Like me - I was only vaping tobacco, or "vanilla tobacco" at first. Then I won a contest for free juice, and the vendor MOSTLY had fruity stuff or bakery flavors. So I got a couple - heck it was free.
Surprise!!! I STILL vape their "strawberry-banana smoothie" - something I NEVER EVER would have expected to like. LOL.

So I'd throw in some crazy experimental juice orders.
Try some Watermelon.
Try some Hangsen (chinese, cheap, good RY4 or Turkish)
Try Peach Cobbler or Lemonade.
Try VooDoo, Grey Matter, Red-headed .....

Or at least tell us what KIND of flavor you're looking for :)

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
I have tried different setups. I'm sure its not my equipment.
I like chocolate mint so I got halo shamrock, tastes too dark and little mint
I love caramel and coffee so I got allusion caramel coffee, I can't taste the caramel in it and it just taste like stale coffee. going to let it steep
Any good suggestions for a sweet cinnamon breakfast roll type thing?

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
if you like pie crust ***** *****'s Deviled Rat Juice
orange/peach flavors MtBakerVapor's Solar Flare (which I hate both flavors lmfao but tried the juice and would suggest it to people that like those types of flavor)

whoa whoa! why is j. vapor's name asterisked out? humm. i wonder what they did.

stryfox, can you give us some more detail on what's going on? which liquids have you tried and what did you not like about them? if anything, what did you like about them? when it comes to food and beverages, what kinds of things do you like? (be as specific as you want to be). truthfully, i haven't had much luck either. i've tried upwards of a hundred liquids and maybe found 4-6 i could vape regularly.

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
Ok just to clear some things up.
I joined here quite some time ago. My wife and I tried quitting with blu's. She was successful. I was going through batteries and carts like crazy which lead me to this forum, I read a bunch and got some 510 batteries and some egos. I was successful for a while and was good. I went back to smoking and my gear gathered dust. I decided to try again. I now have some evod tanks and batteries, some old plain jane ego batteries, two mini protanks, one pro tank 2. and a provari. I am not afraid to spend money as every day I dont smoke saves me $7

I am pretty sure I am done with tobacco tasting juice. When I use it it actually makes me want a cigarette.
The fact that vaping tastes better than smoking is key to my sticking with it, I believe this at this point anyway.
I seem to like sweet stuff and believe some of my problem may be vapers tongue.
So far allusion orange creamsicle from allusion is working for me.
I would like to find a good sweet caramel. I am planing a trip to a vape bar as suggested. I belive this may be the best advice.
I honestly didn't realize you could taste stuff there. I have a friend who is going to take me.
It definitly is subjective, I have a few that tasted like feet to me and I gave them to her to try and she liked some of them.
Thank you for the help.
As my taste gets better I will try to post good reviews of stuff I have tried to help the next vaper looking for help.
I can do this :)

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
yep just like with food, vaping is a personal taste...what's good for one person isn't always good for another :)
also keep in mind as you mentioned could have a bit of vapors tongue as well as if you have sinus problems can change taste as smell is a big part of taste.

today I tried Dutch Chocolate Mint from The Vapor Room and to me it taste just like a box of Junior Mints only not as overpowering minty....it's a perfect blend of a semi sweet dark chocolate and mint...worth a try anyway.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Yes, this absolutely happens to me. I'll vape all chocolates for a while, then they all taste rancid...same with coffees, then citrus, then mints, etc. I like them for a while, then I just need something different. Having massive variety easily available is the one thing that keeps me off analogs.

I'll never have an all-day vape. I rarely find a flavor I like for even a few days before I need a break from it. I have about 40 cartos loaded with different flavors at any given time. Used ones are either refilled or cleaned & replaced with new flavors once or twice a week. Now you see why I decided to DIY and have a ridiculous number of flavor concentrates. I mix small batches, lots of 'em. It's cheaper for me, gives me more variety, and whatever weird flavor I get a craving for, I can mix it right away.

There are a few simple flavors I can tolerate when nothing sounds good: lemon, wintergreen, peppermint, mild apple. I always keep those handy to avoid the temptation of "to heck with it I'll just buy some cigs."

<shrug> It may sound like lots of work, but I save $$ and avoid smoking this way, so time spent mixing is worth it to me.... Isn't it weird to smoke the same cigs for years and years, then need constant flavor variety when vaping? ... I'll ponder that as I vape a molasses cookie, lol ;-)

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA

Now that you mention it, I have two flavors from the same vendor that did that to me. The Apricot tasted kind of like apricot and the green apple had a sort of apple tinge to it. All was good. Within a week or two, both lost the original and turned into something dark, musty, and almost foul. This was B&M, and was kind of out of my way, anyway. I won't miss them.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
I think the reason we lose interest and get tired of flavors we liked is because - well they're flavors. I smoked the same cigarette for 30 years and they always tasted the same - like a cigarette. But Let's face it there is no juice out there that tastes like a cigarette so we resort to "food" flavors. If you ate bologna every day for 30 years I bet you'd be pretty sick of it. I think it's the flavors themselves that make us seek variety. Does that even make sense? :blink:

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
I like Gambit (Five Pawns) for cinnamon fix- may seem expensive but beets trying many others that just don't cut it and you end up spending the same amount if not more- I also saw good reviews on Deadly Sin by Good Life Vapor... for Cinnamon - but haven't tried it yet.
I have tried different setups. I'm sure its not my equipment.
I like chocolate mint so I got halo shamrock, tastes too dark and little mint
I love caramel and coffee so I got allusion caramel coffee, I can't taste the caramel in it and it just taste like stale coffee. going to let it steep
Any good suggestions for a sweet cinnamon breakfast roll type thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread