Zatty Pro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
I'm wanting to buy one, But have a couple questions prior to purchasing.

How easily do the Caps pop off? I can see this being very frustrating.

I don't always have my Provari standing on end, Just because the base isn't that stout. I've read that many rba's tend to leak, when placed on their side, I know you really don't want to lay them on their sides..

But I do quite a bit, Just because I'm afraid of my provari getting knocked over and busting a tank.

Do they tend to leak a lot? Never had this issue with Vivi Nova or IBTank's. Maybe because of that inner O-ring if you will on the inside of the drip tip.

Do all rba's leak?

do you think that they may redesign the top cap of the Zatty?

Also I don't like an Airy draw.. can this be fixed by maybe placing an oring or something into the drip tip.

Last edited:

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I don't have one so I cant comment on the cap popping on off. I would believe its easy enough to get off but not loose enough that it will just fall off, these are high quality, well thought designs and I've not seen anyone complain about that issue. the leaking is because most leave the fill screw out to help wicking, I know on my rba if the fill screw is in I get much less vapor. As for the airy draw, I would order a knock off with about a 1mm ole and then you could compare the draw or drill the hole out on the knock off to the zap's size to see if you like it. 1mm is a very tight draw and I just bored mine to 1.6 today and it made all the difference. I'm still getting used to the draw but the performance went thhrough the roof, I think I'm starting to like it.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
I was watching a New Busardo Video last night, and He was mentioning these issues, and I've read about them on different reviews.
where people are losing their caps, and or their popping off.

I may have to go with the Aga at first I think... hate to keep spending like this, But I'm searching for my "Ultimate" setup.. and it would be nice to ditch the cartos sometime down the road.

I'm a Contractor and I bought a Provari because of it's Rugged design. and while on a jobsite I wouldn't have to worry about it getting knocked over or whatever..

I don't want to have to worry all the time about my tank leaking either though... The Zatty is made really well though , but it also seems to have a few flaws that my affect my day to day usage though.

I'm trying to get some advice before I purchase.

Thanks all

Woundtite

Oct 27, 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
I do contractor work also. In my case the ZAP is just not stable enough to carry around the job site. The cap is stable enough if care is used, but can be knocked off easily. I don't have any problems with leaking because I always clean the cap and O rings at every filling, and I never place the Provari on its side. It will leak if placed on its side. That being said, I love my ZAP/ProVari. I enjoy it at home and carry my ProVari to work with a dripping setup or carto/tank setup. As Busardo says " It's my cigar".

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
If the cap isn't tight enough for you, you can always get bigger orings to put on it. I think the leaking can be minimized, I suspect most with bad leaking issues have the fill hole open and are using the premade wicks. Those wicks looked a little on the small side to me. A bigger and tighter wick would help a lot. I think they had ease of use in mind when they spec'd those wicks. I'm basing all of this on videos and posts on the subject, don't have one myself. I ordered the Dripper Pro, just haven't convinced myself I need a ZAP yet.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Yes, it's relatively easy to knock the cap off. Once a little condensation builds up on the o-rings they can get a little slippery, and then it doesn't take much for it to come off.

And you don't want to lay a ZAP on its side. That's a problem common to just about all Genesis-style RBAs. Between the fill hole and the air hole, they do tend to leak if not left upright.

That said, I take mine out a lot. It does fine in my pocket... I just wouldn't lay it down.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
I may just have to grab a Fluid Flask tank setup for when at work and just put the ZAP on when I'm not working. I could care less about the IBT's because their pretty inexpensive if something happens to them.

I did also read where some people were going to try bigger O rings in order to hold the cap on better.. but , just haven't seen where someone has as of yet though.

I do contractor work also. In my case the ZAP is just not stable enough to carry around the job site. The cap is stable enough if care is used, but can be knocked off easily. I don't have any problems with leaking because I always clean the cap and O rings at every filling, and I never place the Provari on its side. It will leak if placed on its side. That being said, I love my ZAP/ProVari. I enjoy it at home and carry my ProVari to work with a dripping setup or carto/tank setup. As Busardo says " It's my cigar".

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I was watching a New Busardo Video last night, and He was mentioning these issues, and I've read about them on different reviews.
where people are losing their caps, and or their popping off.

I may have to go with the Aga at first I think... hate to keep spending like this, But I'm searching for my "Ultimate" setup.. and it would be nice to ditch the cartos sometime down the road.

I'm a Contractor and I bought a Provari because of it's Rugged design. and while on a jobsite I wouldn't have to worry about it getting knocked over or whatever..

I don't want to have to worry all the time about my tank leaking either though... The Zatty is made really well though , but it also seems to have a few flaws that my affect my day to day usage though.

I'm trying to get some advice before I purchase.

Thanks all

Exactly why I shouldn't have posted..:facepalm:

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
Ok, Next question.. Gonna sound like a Dumb one.. But here it goes.....

Can I use this in the Dark.... I heard that you need to know where your wick is while vaping, and it needs to be in the down position..

So, That means that I have to always look first at where the wick position is!

Do you truly become a slave to RBA's?

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
once you go genesis....most generally never go back

with the zap you will always know where the wick is due to button position. with the zen hybrids...this can be an issue(i own many zens). the zap is my workhorse though...it goes everywhere with me! i have no cap issues either. there are ways to make it super tight.

my next purchase will be this ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis Sidewinder 18350 APV locking top cap, stainlees tank....as pocket friendly as it gets till the wmz(working man's zen) comes out. it is absolutely stunning too

Last edited:

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Ok, Next question.. Gonna sound like a Dumb one.. But here it goes.....

Can I use this in the Dark.... I heard that you need to know where your wick is while vaping, and it needs to be in the down position..

This is generally true... but you get a real feel for it pretty fast. Like I know with my setup that if the button's on top, I'm good.

But yeah, that's one of the reasons I don't have my Zenesis (with the bottom bottom) any more. Drove me nuts.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
I hear what your saying. However, I'm the type that Likes to go with whats considered the BEST... FIRST!!

and "Made in USA" makes me reach a lil deeper into my pockets without looking back.

you won't be disapointed, however if this is your first trip into genny land, try an el-cheapo china made craptastic rba. i hear the aga series arent bad. see if you really want to drop the dough on a good genny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread