Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank NJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
NJ
Hello ECF veterans,
I only recently started playing with a Zatty Pro and also an IHybrid in both instances when I use clear ejuice it will start to get darker after about 1-1.5 tanks. My question is, is this normal and what actually causes this? Just concerned about the clear juice turning darker.

Thanks, Frank NJ

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Heating nicotine in the presence of oxygen will cause it to oxidize which is darker than non-oxidized. Sometimes adds a bit of bitter flavor. Quite a bit of nicotine oxidation can taste like holding a copper penny in your mouth while standing in a fish monger stall. (I'd imagine at that point it would be a good idea to clean out the tank and such.)

Some flavorings do the same thing, turn darker with heat in the presence of oxygen.

Perfectly normal.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I own many Zens an IHy this is a common occurrence with any jooz with nicotine in it not just the genny atty's.
It seems to happen when just using something as simpler as an Evod because it's exposed to light and oxygen!
No worries there isn't anything in the jooz that can hurt you! :)
C.B.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Some of the darkening is caused by the burnt on gunk on the coil. PG and VG in your clear e-liquid dissolve some of the crud, thus darkening your juice. I actually use unflavored to "wet burn" my coils. I fill the tank with pure PG or PG/VG blend, with or without nicotine, increase the voltage and vape a bit. I repeat that procedure a couple of times until the juice runs clear again.

This wet burn is not a substitute for a proper dry burn, but it helps to keep the coil clean(er) in-between dry burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread