Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Another review by me, this time the Zenith Pro tank from Innokin. Thank you @Innokin for sending me this tank for the purpose of this review.

Another ‘Z’ to the growing ‘Z’ series, we already have the Zenith and Zlide which both are well known MTL tanks.

Probably all MTL vapers have heard of the legendary MTL tank Zenith, well this is pretty much the same concept but upgraded. Never tried the original Zenith, but do own two Zlides.

Some specs from the Innokin Website:

Inside the box:

1x Zenith Pro Tank (1.2ohm coil installed)
1x Extra coil (1.0ohm)
1x Extra Drip Tip
1x Extra Glass Tube
1x Spare O-ring set
1x Decorative ring
1x Quick start-guide

It comes packed in a nice box which opens by sliding out the inner box by pulling the blue tag. Most Innokin tanks are packed in similar boxes. Innokin includes a so called 'beauty-ring' (the blue part) so that you can change the look of the tank, but to me the blue does not fit the silver.

The main difference compared to the regular Zenith is its capacity, replaceable 510 drptip, airflow and the ability to replace the glass, all winners in my opinion.

It is a large tank, especially for an MTL/RDL tank. That is mainly because of its capacity, 5.5ml which is a LOT for such a tank. I think the capacity is not necessary at all. It is designed well with the skeleton protecting the glass. The threading is proper and connects smoothly.

One thing that stands out to me as a minor design flaw is the bottom of the tank looking narrower, it just doesn't make it look better. This is because of that silver/blue decorative ring sticking out which keeps the coil section in place.

Opening up the tank is simple, just unscrew the bottom that holds the coil and after that the ring that is stuck to the bottom of the tank. Once you slide out the glass the skeleton remains and from what I saw the top cap cannot be taken apart.

Just like the previous Zenith, you can replace a coil with a full tank. When taking out a coil the slots are covered because of a spring loaded mechanism that closes when the base is not screwed on, very nice.

Talking about the fill port, it is a very comfortable fill with its twist system on the top, again similar to the Zenith. It is large enough to fit most bottles in and there is still room for air so liquid won't spill out. Also, nice that when opening the port it also shuts the juice flow.

Drip-tips are nice, the MTL drip-tip (white one) is the same as on the Zlide, just without the child protection extension, and is one of my favorite drip-tips. The black drip tip is nice for RDL vaping as it has a larger inner bore.

Airflow wise its different because the Pro has next to the 5 holes also a larger 'sleeve'. That is done because a new coil was released (1.0ohm) intended for restricted DTL vaping, one of these coils is included in the kit. Very nice to have one tank that can be used for different styles. The airflow turns smooth and sounds a smooth but a bit load when more than 3 holes are uncovered, with 1 to 3 holes uncovered it produces a minor whistling sound.

Started off with the 1.0ohm coil since I never tried that one, it is intended for restricted DTL. Opened up the airflow as much as possible and put the larger drip tip on. Conclusion; it vapes very nice, even the amount of vaper is quite impressive. The flavor is proper (not great) and the vaper is nice and dense. Flavor improves when closing down the airflow to 5 holes. Didn't expect it would perform so well considering its a round wire coil vaped at 20-25w. Even 5.5ml is still lots as the coil does not consume much liquid.

The 1.2ohm MTL coil is good flavor wise, but the airflow on this tank does not offer the tight MTL hit I like unfortunately. Even with only a quarter open of one airflow hole it is looser than the zlide with one full hole uncovered. When the airflow is fully cutoff it gives my type of tight draw, but I am afraid this will burn the coil. In general, the airflow holes are bigger than the zlide, but I also think the size of the tank and chamber adds additional air to the draw. Again, it vapes well but there is too much air. For MTL I prefer the Zlide. Innokin should have made the last couple of airflow holes smaller in my opinion.

Coil options there is with the Zenith Pro, it is compatible with all Z-coils of which I personally like the 1.6ohm coil most, perfect for MTL.

Conclusion:

To much airflow for me to get a tight MTL draw, pity. This tank is for those that see importance in a super large tank capacity, juice flow shut-off and are not searching for a tight airflow. It vapes well, the flavor is there.

Innokin would have nailed it if the airflow was limited for at least the last couple of airflow holes, they I think are too large. I would keep this tank in my circulation whenever I feel for a looser vape or RDL vape, but the Zlide for me stays the King of MTL.

Pro’s:

- Capacity (maybe too much)
- Juice flow cut-off during filling and coil replacement
- Easy top fill, mess-free
- Nice RDL coil which delivers a nice RDL hit
- Overall all Z-coils are great
- Two types of drip-tips
- Build quality

Con’s:

- Too much airflow for me for MTL
- Whistling sound when airflow is shutoff to 3 or less holes
- The decorative ring sticks out from the tank making it not a straight tank.

Thank you for reading, any questions or I missed something, just ask

SP013

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Thanks for the review. This might be my cup of tea since I like a more airy, low wattage, not warm vape. I guess it what you call a RDL. I did thought the capacity was a bit to much making the tank bigger than maybe I will like.

By the way agreed with @hittman. They should send you the zenith for a review.

Cheers

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Thank you guys.
@hittman I had the zenith in my shopping cart a while ago but then the zlide was released, took a couple of days of research to decide Id go for the zlide back in time and the zenith later, but then I got an RTA and RDA etc etc. How is the airflow on the Zenith? Similar to the Zlide?

@Aliraonz if you like airy than this one is good indeed. With RDL I mean using the gold 1.0ohm coil with wattage set between 20-23 watts. Its not a MTL coil but direct lung hit coil.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Excellent review @SP013 :thumb:

The Zenith has the 5 * 1mm holes and the Zlide has the 4 holes I'm assuming there 1mm in diameter each also they look similar in size, I haven't measured those ones:)

And I don't use drop in coil tanks anymore but I'm very tempted by the Zenith Pro;)

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Excellent review @SP013 :thumb:

The Zenith has the 5 * 1mm holes and the Zlide has the 4 holes I'm assuming there 1mm in diameter each also they look similar in size, I haven't measured those ones:)

And I don't use drop in coil tanks anymore but I'm very tempted by the Zenith Pro;)
    The Zlide has slighty smaller holes, but I think here it is also a matter of tightness of the airflow ring to the base. The zlide has O rings blocking any additional air coming through, the Zenith pro airflow ring is not removeable and has no O rings.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you guys.
    @hittman I had the zenith in my shopping cart a while ago but then the zlide was released, took a couple of days of research to decide Id go for the zlide back in time and the zenith later, but then I got an RTA and RDA etc etc. How is the airflow on the Zenith? Similar to the Zlide?

@Aliraonz if you like airy than this one is good indeed. With RDL I mean using the gold 1.0ohm coil with wattage set between 20-23 watts. Its not a MTL coil but direct lung hit coil.

I have the zlide 4ml and zenith in front of me right now. Both have a 1.2 coil in them. There’s not a huge difference in airflow but I feel like the zlide has a little more with both wide open.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    I have the zlide 4ml and zenith in front of me right now. Both have a 1.2 coil in them. There’s not a huge difference in airflow but I feel like the zlide has a little more with both wide open.
    the airflow ring on the zenith is removeable like on the zlide? So you are saying the Zenith is slightler tighter in airflow?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread